Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow's referee 08:40 - Dec 10 with 1486 viewsNorthernr

Same one from the 4-3.

Bond back in charge of QPR and Birmingham - Referee 10th Dec 2019 08:39
Darren Bond from Lancashire takes charge of QPR and Birmingham on Wednesday night, ten months on from overseeing the remarkable 4-3 between the sides at Loftus Road. 1

Tomorrow's referee on 10:25 - Dec 10 with 1420 viewsWalnut

Where's that photo of the encroachment he ignored at Wells' penalty?
Tomorrow's referee on 10:37 - Dec 10 with 1406 viewsNorthernr

Tomorrow's referee on 10:25 - Dec 10 by Walnut

Where's that photo of the encroachment he ignored at Wells' penalty?

Tomorrow's referee on 10:50 - Dec 10 with 1385 viewsMick_S

That is incompetent.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Tomorrow's referee on 13:44 - Dec 10 with 1279 viewsNorthernr

Tomorrow's referee on 10:50 - Dec 10 by Mick_S

That is incompetent.

I wonder if Pinner will back me up on this but I suspect it fell into the category of 'couldn't be doing with the hassle' given the circumstances. Same reason they always side with the goalkeeper when it's 50/50 on a deliberate pass back.
Tomorrow's referee on 13:55 - Dec 10 with 1248 viewsMick_S

Probably - there's that many in there they look like a bunch of grapes.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Tomorrow's referee on 14:07 - Dec 10 with 1226 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Tomorrow's referee on 10:37 - Dec 10 by Northernr

I mean i do think the encroachment rule is an annoying one as it is hard to not slightly go over the line. But that is just ridiculous. In a no context scenario i would honestly think that isn't a pen but a cross in which one Birmingham player is going in for a slide tackle.

Absolute insanity.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Tomorrow's referee on 14:33 - Dec 10 with 1202 viewsfrancisbowles

Mr Bond, licensed to kill.......your hopes!
Tomorrow's referee on 14:47 - Dec 10 with 1178 viewsPinnerPaul

Tomorrow's referee on 13:44 - Dec 10 by Northernr

I wonder if Pinner will back me up on this but I suspect it fell into the category of 'couldn't be doing with the hassle' given the circumstances. Same reason they always side with the goalkeeper when it's 50/50 on a deliberate pass back.

That's one way of putting it.

'No surprises' is the phrase I'm often given by refs when I'm an AR.

To be fair , before VAR, how many times was a goalkeeper penalised for moving before the ball was kicked, or anyone picked up for encroachment?

The caveat for that 'no surprises' instruction is usually that we should give it if the Gk is a mile off his line or if the encroachment is obvious and one of those players 'impacts' the game, ie clears the rebound - I would say that the Birmingham encroachment meets both those last two criteria so should have been a retake.
Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrow's referee on 15:52 - Dec 10 with 1129 viewsenfieldargh

Tomorrow's referee on 14:07 - Dec 10 by RANGERS4EVER

I mean i do think the encroachment rule is an annoying one as it is hard to not slightly go over the line. But that is just ridiculous. In a no context scenario i would honestly think that isn't a pen but a cross in which one Birmingham player is going in for a slide tackle.

Absolute insanity.

if a pen has to be retaken cos keeper saves and defenders encroached, does he player who took the first pen have to take the re-take?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Tomorrow's referee on 15:59 - Dec 10 with 1120 viewsNorthernr

Tomorrow's referee on 15:52 - Dec 10 by enfieldargh

if a pen has to be retaken cos keeper saves and defenders encroached, does he player who took the first pen have to take the re-take?

No.
Tomorrow's referee on 16:06 - Dec 10 with 1108 viewsstowmarketrange

Tomorrow's referee on 14:47 - Dec 10 by PinnerPaul

That's one way of putting it.

'No surprises' is the phrase I'm often given by refs when I'm an AR.

To be fair , before VAR, how many times was a goalkeeper penalised for moving before the ball was kicked, or anyone picked up for encroachment?

The caveat for that 'no surprises' instruction is usually that we should give it if the Gk is a mile off his line or if the encroachment is obvious and one of those players 'impacts' the game, ie clears the rebound - I would say that the Birmingham encroachment meets both those last two criteria so should have been a retake.

Both penalties saved by Tim Kruul for naarwich against Man Utd should’ve been retaken because of him not having his feet or one foot on the line.And that was with var.
Tomorrow's referee on 17:40 - Dec 10 with 1039 viewsStanisgod

You would think that that still photo would shame him into packing in, but no, here he still is wallowing in the attention.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Tomorrow's referee on 18:23 - Dec 10 with 996 viewsManinBlack

Robbed us of another one of our great comebacks from the dead. Can't forgive the cretin for blatant cheating. No ref can be as blind as that if straight.
Tomorrow's referee on 18:35 - Dec 10 with 967 viewsPinnerPaul

Tomorrow's referee on 18:23 - Dec 10 by ManinBlack

Robbed us of another one of our great comebacks from the dead. Can't forgive the cretin for blatant cheating. No ref can be as blind as that if straight.

Think Mr Wells had a bit more to do with it tbf.
Tomorrow's referee on 20:00 - Dec 10 with 900 viewsManinBlack

Tomorrow's referee on 18:35 - Dec 10 by PinnerPaul

Think Mr Wells had a bit more to do with it tbf.

Yes but a ref doing his job properly should have given Wells another chance and applying the letter of the law is the function of the ref.
Tomorrow's referee on 15:43 - Dec 11 with 718 viewsPinnerPaul

Tomorrow's referee on 20:00 - Dec 10 by ManinBlack

Yes but a ref doing his job properly should have given Wells another chance and applying the letter of the law is the function of the ref.

Not quite - I've said it before - if the referee applied the letter of the law there would be a riot after 10 minutes.
Tomorrow's referee on 16:36 - Dec 11 with 685 viewsLongsufferingR

Tomorrow's referee on 15:43 - Dec 11 by PinnerPaul

Not quite - I've said it before - if the referee applied the letter of the law there would be a riot after 10 minutes.

Didn't realise there was a law in the book saying you had to have a riot after 10 minutes.
Tomorrow's referee on 16:50 - Dec 11 with 677 viewsPinnerPaul

Tomorrow's referee on 16:36 - Dec 11 by LongsufferingR

Didn't realise there was a law in the book saying you had to have a riot after 10 minutes.

Tomorrow's referee on 18:45 - Dec 11 with 637 viewsterryb

Tomorrow's referee on 15:43 - Dec 11 by PinnerPaul

I agree with this Pinner.

I remember being referee of a youth match where I got so fed up with the moaning that I announced that I would give a free kick for every foul committed. The whistle was then blown for nearly every challenge made. It also took an age for a throw in to be taken that was within the laws & taken from the correct place!

After five minutes the players were pleased to get back to normal officiating.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024