Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... 22:38 - Dec 11 with 3485 viewsBoston

...but I don't like it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 22:46 - Dec 11 with 2395 viewsconnell10

It does look rather cheap and messy!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 22:47]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 22:47 - Dec 11 with 2382 viewsMiss_Terraces

Agree 100%
They are going from having a stadium, that has a replica 70s Loft at one end and a replica 80s Loft at the other, to this

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 22:48 - Dec 11 with 2380 viewsBlackCrowe

The viewing will probably be very good, but it ain't a thing of beauty.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:02 - Dec 11 with 2317 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Aesthetically uneasy on the eye but from a practical standpoint it looks superior to some of the soulless bowls like the Mad Stad.

To be fair, according to the ticker London Irish will also play their home games there and the stadium will be a venue for the Women's Euros.

On the flip side, considering its modest capacity it's an absolute liberty squeezing away fans into the corner.
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:16 - Dec 11 with 2272 viewsstowmarketrange

The height of their ambition is to cram in 1 decent stand,mainly for the media and 3 pokey little bits bolted on somehow,with no room to expand.
I can’t see all the seats nearest the away fans being sold when Millwall and other teams with big support get there.
Not bad though for the only team in Middlesex,although I thought Kew was in Surrey?
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:18 - Dec 11 with 2255 viewsJuzzie

Shoehorning a stadium plus flats into a triangle piece of land in London was never going to be easy.
Griffin Park, like Loftus Road, is well past its best. New stadiums aren’t just about capacity and have to facilitate 21st century football and non match day use too. Away fans never get a good place In any new ground as the mindset is that each clubs fans just visit once a season so will (have to) put up with it.

Its not the best I've seen but not the worst (Ricoh Arena I’m looking at you) either.
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:29 - Dec 11 with 2208 viewsTrom

I quite like that. Kind of reminds me of the Dell before the Saint's moved to a bowl.

I think it's got some potential for atmosphere. The stands look tight around the pitch. I think they've done a good job.

The only issue is the inability to expand. It pretty much puts a cap on the clubs ambition.
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:33 - Dec 11 with 2198 viewstimcocking

Looks like there's been an earthquake.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:44 - Dec 11 with 2170 viewsNortholt_Rs

At least they’ve cracked on and built a new stadium. How’s Warren Farm coming along folks? Glasshouses, stones and all that.......

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:51 - Dec 11 with 2145 viewsDWQPR

Whenever I see a new ground built there is a tinge if envy from me although most of them have been indentikit efforts, the likes of the new Spuds Stadium or even Stadium MK have been great designs. And then you have this. What a heap of shît. You can see that this place will deteriorate quickly, stuck where it is by the M4 and hemmed in by high rise flats and offices. Pollution will be a real feature of this place. Benham has maximised his profits. Cheap ground and expensive real estate. No corporate boxes in the ground and just a couple of lounges and from what I remember not even a club shop on site. Oh well, given the choice of this shiny new monstrosity with its multi coloured seats to give the impression of a bigger crowd for TV (check out the GABBA in Brisbane), or LR give me LR every time.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:52 - Dec 11 with 2143 viewsqueensparker

I disagree, I like it.

It’s wedged in at an awkward shape so it’s got some character and individuality - no other ground in the world will look like that which is important. Stands look close to the pitch and it’s only just down the road from their proper ground.

If we could tick all those three boxes for a new ground I’d be well chuffed.

Obviously the stands will be stuffed with whingeing old men and nerds from Hounslow pushing their glasses up their nose while explaining how they’re top of the justice league (plus 50 bad ass 13-15 year olds from Staines and Feltham in the hard man area protecting their turf) but you can’t have everything
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 00:12 - Dec 12 with 2109 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:44 - Dec 11 by Northolt_Rs

At least they’ve cracked on and built a new stadium. How’s Warren Farm coming along folks? Glasshouses, stones and all that.......

True. They're getting Brentford done, taking Hounslow out of neutral, etc.
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 00:18 - Dec 12 with 2089 viewsPunteR

Driving over kew bridge it looks quite a big stadium. Hemmed in but a clever design to make it work. Not the most attractive stadium but yeh ..i dont think we should be slating it too much considering our new stadium and training ground efforts.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 00:18 - Dec 12 with 2088 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:52 - Dec 11 by queensparker

I disagree, I like it.

It’s wedged in at an awkward shape so it’s got some character and individuality - no other ground in the world will look like that which is important. Stands look close to the pitch and it’s only just down the road from their proper ground.

Obviously the stands will be stuffed with whingeing old men and nerds from Hounslow pushing their glasses up their nose while explaining how they’re top of the justice league (plus 50 bad ass 13-15 year olds from Staines and Feltham in the hard man area protecting their turf) but you can’t have everything

I tend to agree.

It won't win many architecture prizes, but it does look like it might be OK to watch football in and is in the right location. Which is pretty much the point for me.
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 00:20 - Dec 12 with 2081 viewsstowmarketrange

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:44 - Dec 11 by Northolt_Rs

There was hardly likely to be any wildlife in the area to stop them putting up whatever they wanted.Even the rats pisd off due to the fumes from the M4.
Now your average greater crested newt is an endangered species don’t you know.
I don’t think Greta will be a bees fan with all that pollution hanging around.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 0:22]
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 01:21 - Dec 12 with 2043 viewsBoston

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 00:20 - Dec 12 by stowmarketrange

There was hardly likely to be any wildlife in the area to stop them putting up whatever they wanted.Even the rats pisd off due to the fumes from the M4.
Now your average greater crested newt is an endangered species don’t you know.
I don’t think Greta will be a bees fan with all that pollution hanging around.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 0:22]

But she can sail to the ground.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 03:56 - Dec 12 with 1986 viewsDavieQPR

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 23:51 - Dec 11 by DWQPR

Whenever I see a new ground built there is a tinge if envy from me although most of them have been indentikit efforts, the likes of the new Spuds Stadium or even Stadium MK have been great designs. And then you have this. What a heap of shît. You can see that this place will deteriorate quickly, stuck where it is by the M4 and hemmed in by high rise flats and offices. Pollution will be a real feature of this place. Benham has maximised his profits. Cheap ground and expensive real estate. No corporate boxes in the ground and just a couple of lounges and from what I remember not even a club shop on site. Oh well, given the choice of this shiny new monstrosity with its multi coloured seats to give the impression of a bigger crowd for TV (check out the GABBA in Brisbane), or LR give me LR every time.

There are 3 large lounges for Premier Seats which cover a large area. They even reduced the original capacity to make these larger. The whole design of the place is based on the 910 homes to be built. The new ground only holds 17,500.
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 06:54 - Dec 12 with 1897 viewsGroveR

I disagree, I like it.

"Push up Bemtfud!"
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 07:48 - Dec 12 with 1793 viewsE17hoop

I know this reference.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 09:24 - Dec 12 with 1616 viewsswitchingcode

Some good comments and opinions on here.We have been very lucky to get a site nearby and squeeze in a stadium that will have 50% extra capacity to the sadly dilapidated Griffin Park.Our once great stadium that had held nearly 40,000 and was over the years reduced after selling off land for development the final straw being when the iconic Royal Oak end was demolished and replaced with the pathetic Wendy house thatS now the away end that was the death of the stadium for me.
I understand the new stadiums capacity cannot be increased but to be honest 17500 capacity for a club that gets on average of 10500 including 1600 away fans most weeks I think it’s more than adequate although the away capacity will add another 1000.Im really hoping the fact that it’s a very enclosed stadium that it produces a great atmosphere.The stadium is in my opinion not good on the eye Initially but it’s grown on me and the move can’t come too soon for me.Will be interested in yours and other clubs fans views next season.
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 09:26 - Dec 12 with 1611 viewsMedwayR

The seat colours have been chosen to make the stadium look more full for tv, confident of selling out then lol

Poll: Who’s better?

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 10:12 - Dec 12 with 1543 viewsKonk

I disagree, I like it.

I'm with you mate. I don't think you'd ever come up with that design if you had a 2,000 acre site to play with, but as much as Brentford irritate me, I think it's great that they've been able to squeeze a new ground into a site so close to GP, in such a densely populated city, without moving out to Staines or somewhere. I'm sure they'd have wanted a bit bigger capacity, but you can't have everything and if the choice was another 3-4,000 seats and moving out or staying local, I'd have chosen to stay local. Bournemouth and to a lesser extent, Watford and Burnley are showing that with the TV deals, it's possible to survive in the PL with a small ground. If Brentford are outside the PL, then 17,500 should neither be too small, nor feel too empty.

On the design front - it's not a thing of beauty, but it is unique, and I miss the days of grounds being instantly recognisable and distinct from one another. I reckon they've done well, here.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 10:13]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 10:15 - Dec 12 with 1529 viewsfrancisbowles

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 09:26 - Dec 12 by MedwayR

The seat colours have been chosen to make the stadium look more full for tv, confident of selling out then lol

If we play them next season don't forget your shades and if it's in August, shorts a hat and sun creme compulsory.

The proof will be when we see what sort of atmosphere it creates and how much legroom there is.
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 10:27 - Dec 12 with 1499 viewsswitchingcode

I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 09:26 - Dec 12 by MedwayR

Maybe for the benefit rugby games
I'm sorry switchingcodes.... on 14:52 - Dec 12 with 1341 viewsstevec

Bit puzzled why they haven’t gone higher on the other 3 sides, seems plausible where it’s positioned.

Nevertheless, quite like it and unlike us they’re getting the job done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024