Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) 11:53 - Dec 12 with 4516 viewsLythamR

From Barnsley Supporters Liaison

Jumble Lane Crossing
Supporters arriving by train and those using the town centre are advised of changes to the Jumble Lane crossing for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 football seasons until the new Market Gate Bridge is installed.
When the crossing was closed in March 2019, a temporary bridge was erected over it. However, that bridge will be closed for an hour before kick-off, during the match and an hour after each home game until further notice to support the safety of fans and other users. This is subject to change based on individual matches.

The alternative walking routes include:
- Midland Street, Eldon Street and Schwäbisch Gmünd Way
or
- Kendray Street, Mayday Green, Cheapside, Wesley Street, Lambra Road, Pontefract Road, Grove Street

There will be no access for supporters via the Alhambra Centre.

As part of the ongoing operation, please note the following changes will be in place at Barnsley Interchange:
- There will be no access through the Interchange, where the bridge will be closed except for those with access needs.
- Access to and from the bus station will be via Eldon Street and Schwäbisch Gmünd Way
- Access to the Interchange from Schwäbisch Gmünd Way will be for access to the railway station only, including being open for fans travelling to and from the game by rail.
- The existing temporary accessible route via Schwäbisch Gmünd Way and the transport interchange is available for those with access needs.

In addition, a number of closures to roads and access points will be in place from half an hour before the planned end of the football match until approximately an hour after full-time:
- Part of Eldon Street North will be closed in both directions between its junction with Schwabisch Gmund Way and the Interchange entrance with diversions via Old Mill Lane, Huddersfield Road, Church Street and Regent Street.
- Parts of Pontefract Road will be closed.
- Access on Schwabisch Gmund Way will be one-way (south only) towards Harborough Hill Road.
- Harborough Hill - Northbound off and Southbound off exit slip roads will be closed.
- Entry and exit of Market Gate car park will not be permitted between 4.30pm and approximately 5.45pm for Saturday 3pm matches. If you park here, you will not be able to leave during the times of the closure.

Bus services will also be diverted during this time: inbound via Harborough Hill Road, Old Mill Lane, Church Street and Regent Street, outbound via Eldon Street, Market Hill, St Mary’s Gate, Old Mill Lane, Sheffield Road.
Supporters are reminded to use the designated and installed crossing points on the roads for their own safety and the safety of other match-going fans.

Wheelchair users or supporters with pushchairs are advised to use the pavement/footway on the Court House side of Eldon Street during peak times to avoid congestion.

Market Gate Bridge will link the existing public transport and the Market Gate car park to The Glass Works as part of the redevelopment of Barnsley town centre. It will be fully accessible and will accommodate footfall on match days.

For more information on parking, click here.
https://www.barnsley.gov.uk/services/roads-travel-and-parking/parking/

Barnsley Council and South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
Further Information
https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/jumble-lane-update/
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 11:55 - Dec 12 with 4503 viewsstowmarketrange

Should be good then as I’m booked on the 17.11 train back home.
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 11:58 - Dec 12 with 4495 viewsKonk

If you like your ale/beers, then the Old No. 7 is great. It’s run by the Acorn Brewery and their Barnsley bitter is bloody gorgeous.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 12:06 - Dec 12 with 4465 viewsMick_S

Can you tell me the way to Schwäbisch Gmünd Way please mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 12:09 - Dec 12 with 4455 viewsstowmarketrange

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 12:06 - Dec 12 by Mick_S

Can you tell me the way to Schwäbisch Gmünd Way please mate.

Was he their new manager?
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 12:58 - Dec 12 with 4387 viewsBoston

So the OP is not some comic’s monologue then?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 13:12 - Dec 12 with 4363 viewsTheChef

I initially read that as a jumble sale.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 14:52 - Dec 12 with 4259 viewsBoston

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 13:12 - Dec 12 by TheChef

I initially read that as a jumble sale.

Yeah, apologies to Barnsley but that was exactly what I thought.

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 17:48 - Dec 12 with 4158 viewsMancR

Shush. Don't tell everyone.
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 23:24 - Dec 12 with 4004 viewswombat

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 17:48 - Dec 12 by MancR

Shush. Don't tell everyone.

Oh and to add to that the leisure centre bar is shut for a private function before the game , might also make parking there a little more interesting I’d guess

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 16:44 - Dec 13 with 3869 viewsstowmarketrange

What a pain in the arris the journey tomorrow is going to be.No direct trains from Ipswich to Peterborough to get my connecting train,so I’ve got to go to Norwich or Cambridge and change trains via Ely.An extra hour on top of the 4 hour journey each way.Plus the extra rubbish with the jumble lane rubbish too.
Hope it’s worth it?
Come on you R’s.
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 13:26 - Dec 14 with 3694 viewsstowmarketrange

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 16:44 - Dec 13 by stowmarketrange

What a pain in the arris the journey tomorrow is going to be.No direct trains from Ipswich to Peterborough to get my connecting train,so I’ve got to go to Norwich or Cambridge and change trains via Ely.An extra hour on top of the 4 hour journey each way.Plus the extra rubbish with the jumble lane rubbish too.
Hope it’s worth it?
Come on you R’s.

5 hours and counting and I’m not even at Doncaster yet.Soe poor sod got hit by this train at Stevenage.Hope to make it by ko time.Just.
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 08:39 - Dec 15 with 3569 viewsLoftgirl

Shame the ground wasn't closed too.
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 14:03 - Dec 15 with 3505 viewsNorthernr

I don't think anybody had a good journey yesterday. TRains were all up the spout because of the fatality (RIP, terrible time of year this) and after the match that crossing being closed snarled the whole place up. Took my an hour and a half to get out and drive as far as Doncaster.
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 15:12 - Dec 15 with 3480 viewsstowmarketrange

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 14:03 - Dec 15 by Northernr

I don't think anybody had a good journey yesterday. TRains were all up the spout because of the fatality (RIP, terrible time of year this) and after the match that crossing being closed snarled the whole place up. Took my an hour and a half to get out and drive as far as Doncaster.

I got on the train at Peterborough that had supposed hit the person at Stevenage and there were still bloodstains on the front of the engine.You’d like to think that someone might have thought to clean it off before letting it continue its journey.
It was 2 hours late at Peterborough so what difference would an extra minute have made?
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 15:20 - Dec 15 with 3476 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 15:12 - Dec 15 by stowmarketrange

I got on the train at Peterborough that had supposed hit the person at Stevenage and there were still bloodstains on the front of the engine.You’d like to think that someone might have thought to clean it off before letting it continue its journey.
It was 2 hours late at Peterborough so what difference would an extra minute have made?

Jesus, that's incredible.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 15:37 - Dec 15 with 3465 viewsstowmarketrange

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 15:20 - Dec 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Jesus, that's incredible.

It was the 9.30ish train from London to Leeds if any of our fans were on it and can confirm that it was the same train.
The platform was rammed at Peterborough as it was the first train going north after the incident at Stevenage,so loads of people,including kids would’ve unfortunately witnessed the same thing.
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 16:19 - Dec 15 with 3438 viewsRangersw12

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 14:03 - Dec 15 by Northernr

Took us 6 hrs from Mk going via Stockport , train cancellations and issues with the track around Sheffield

Got into Barnsley at 14:40 when we were due to arrive at 11.40
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 13:23 - Dec 22 with 3261 viewsstowmarketrange

The parable of the lucky git.I’ve just an email from Greater anglia telling that they’re refunding my return train fare to Barnsley last week.
If only I could get the match ticket refunded now too.
Happy Christmas all.
Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 13:46 - Dec 22 with 3234 viewsBoston

Barnsley town centre closures (please read if travelling up) on 15:12 - Dec 15 by stowmarketrange

Hmm, back in the day any train involved in an incident like this would be rolled into the yards and checked out. A mate of mine was down in ‘the pit’ with another bloke in 1979 and discovered a human head lodged in a little recessed area under the engine.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024