Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan 13:23 - Dec 12 with 1355 viewscharmr

So come 3pm east coast time in Baltimore I’m sitting up on the second floor of where I reside, watching the game on espn+,and across the street in his big van Sam the mail carrier is watching the same game on his phone. Very surreal and bizarre and pretty bludy random.

Apparently he was part of the original Zulu mob and left the UK when he was 26. He said, as he was of mixed race, had to deal with a lot of crap back in the 80.s. Yes I did offer warmth and a cup of tea but declined due to the USPS having a tracking system on their carriers.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 13:31]
My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:24 - Dec 12 with 1247 viewsTheChef

Ask him if he remembers this - an infamous day in English football, which was overshadowed by the tragic fire at Bradford on the same day. What a state football was in back then :(

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:33 - Dec 12 with 1228 viewsstowmarketrange

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:24 - Dec 12 by TheChef

Ask him if he remembers this - an infamous day in English football, which was overshadowed by the tragic fire at Bradford on the same day. What a state football was in back then :(

That’s more the St Andrews of my first visit in Oct 77.
My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:43 - Dec 12 with 1207 viewsBoston

I regularly bump into a Blues fan up my way. Olde England Painting in a lovely script on his van. Course, where are they when you want to see ‘em😀
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 14:43]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:43 - Dec 12 with 1213 viewscharmr

Funnily enough I did. Said Leeds were throwing bricks everywhere and the fence separating the fans not stopping anything. I’m sure they were delivered straight back, postal pun intended.

Talked about the usual suspects West Ham, Che*+^a, Milwall, Leeds and a Man Utd away game being the hairiest. Also shared that he’s a regular church goer. Misses football so much especially the atmosphere. I do agree after just getting back having watched 3 games on my travels and can walk to both Baltimore teams stadiums but it just doesnt work for me, shame as I could watch baseball every day when I retire if inclined.
My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:45 - Dec 12 with 1201 viewsBoston

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:33 - Dec 12 by stowmarketrange

That’s more the St Andrews of my first visit in Oct 77.

Spot on. Won’t bore everyone again with one of my worst football experiences ever in that dump.

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:55 - Dec 12 with 1173 viewsBlackCrowe

CharmR,

Could you ask your postie, why in the US the Postal Service delivers Mail and in the UK the Royal Mail delivers Post.

Thanks in advance.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:58 - Dec 12 with 1166 viewsTheChef

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:43 - Dec 12 by charmr

Funnily enough I did. Said Leeds were throwing bricks everywhere and the fence separating the fans not stopping anything. I’m sure they were delivered straight back, postal pun intended.

Talked about the usual suspects West Ham, Che*+^a, Milwall, Leeds and a Man Utd away game being the hairiest. Also shared that he’s a regular church goer. Misses football so much especially the atmosphere. I do agree after just getting back having watched 3 games on my travels and can walk to both Baltimore teams stadiums but it just doesnt work for me, shame as I could watch baseball every day when I retire if inclined.

At least within the ground, it seemed to be more Blues fans attacking the police than anything else.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:58 - Dec 12 with 1157 viewsBoston

As a kid, nothing said Birmingham City more to me then Kenny Burns elbow in someone’s face.

Login to get fewer ads

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 15:00 - Dec 12 with 1152 viewsstowmarketrange

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:45 - Dec 12 by Boston

Spot on. Won’t bore everyone again with one of my worst football experiences ever in that dump.

Were you there on that night game too then?
We got the special up with the supporters club,but after seeing all the rangers fans on the terraces at Villa 3 months earlier,and being almost battered in the seats,we decided to get terrace tickets from daphne on the train.
We came out of New St and about 10 youngish Brummies surrounded me and my mate saying “where’s your gang.”Luckily they decided to leave us alone to run to the ground,only to find out that him and his gang were on the same big terrace behind the goal,while our sensible fans were at the other end in the seats.
We got chased around that terrace for ages until we decided to make our way back to the station on about 80 mins.
Football in the 70’s eh?
My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 15:00 - Dec 12 with 1148 viewsBoston

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 14:58 - Dec 12 by TheChef

At least within the ground, it seemed to be more Blues fans attacking the police than anything else.

It was, they were lucky Leeds were so heavily policed.

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 15:08 - Dec 12 with 1124 viewsBoston

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 15:00 - Dec 12 by stowmarketrange

Were you there on that night game too then?
We got the special up with the supporters club,but after seeing all the rangers fans on the terraces at Villa 3 months earlier,and being almost battered in the seats,we decided to get terrace tickets from daphne on the train.
We came out of New St and about 10 youngish Brummies surrounded me and my mate saying “where’s your gang.”Luckily they decided to leave us alone to run to the ground,only to find out that him and his gang were on the same big terrace behind the goal,while our sensible fans were at the other end in the seats.
We got chased around that terrace for ages until we decided to make our way back to the station on about 80 mins.
Football in the 70’s eh?

Year before, nine of us spotted leaving New St, fight at bus stop, fight on bus, fight outside ground, fight on terrace, fight on the walk back to New St, fight on platform, then as a big mob came down the stairs....number of West Ham turned up returning from somewhere or other and ....
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 15:08]

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 15:16 - Dec 12 with 1100 viewsthame_hoops

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 15:08 - Dec 12 by Boston

Year before, nine of us spotted leaving New St, fight at bus stop, fight on bus, fight outside ground, fight on terrace, fight on the walk back to New St, fight on platform, then as a big mob came down the stairs....number of West Ham turned up returning from somewhere or other and ....

I’m in Baltimore all week, heading to smalltimore in fells Saturday am for the Liverpool game if you fancy a beer with an internet stranger
My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 15:21 - Dec 12 with 1090 viewsstowmarketrange

My US mail carrier is a Birmingham fan on 15:08 - Dec 12 by Boston

Maybe it was the same people a year later then waiting for a proper scrap rather than me and my mate aka the powderpuff girls?
I just used the wonders of google and saw that West Ham were at wba that day too.Good planning Boston.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 15:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024