Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today -Lumley 21:13 - Dec 14 with 3256 viewsMancR

Before anyone starts laying into him, there's no way Lumley can be blamed for what happened today. I think a poor throw out( his distribution was iffy today) may have led to pressure and one of the goals today, but he was so badly let down by those in front of him today. Defensively,as a team we were pathetic but Lumley stopped it from being catastrophic. One save in particular to prevent an og in first half was brilliant.
Can't remember a game where we looked so much better than the opposition went so badly wrong. All our usual solid players were woeful, Manning and Eze in particular.
A truly bad day at the office
Today -Lumley on 21:42 - Dec 14 with 3133 viewsstowmarketrange

Eh Cardiff springs to mind.
We didn’t play well today but we created enough chances to have drawn the game.
A 15 hour round trip so far spoilt by 90 mins of football.
Today -Lumley on 22:03 - Dec 14 with 3084 viewsbosh67

Problem today is the players didn't give Barnsley enough respect despite Warburton drilling it into them. Then they gave them far too much respect on the pitch. Didn't get to the ball, looked leggy and then contrived to miss some chances that they would normally put away.

Bad day at the office. Well done Barnsley. I am filming with a Barnsley fan and he's been saying they really haven't had any luck at all. They got it today in the way the players approached this one.

Trust they will refocus and come out far better against Charlton.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Today -Lumley on 22:23 - Dec 14 with 3028 viewsstowmarketrange

Today -Lumley on 22:03 - Dec 14 by bosh67

Problem today is the players didn't give Barnsley enough respect despite Warburton drilling it into them. Then they gave them far too much respect on the pitch. Didn't get to the ball, looked leggy and then contrived to miss some chances that they would normally put away.

Bad day at the office. Well done Barnsley. I am filming with a Barnsley fan and he's been saying they really haven't had any luck at all. They got it today in the way the players approached this one.

Trust they will refocus and come out far better against Charlton.

I was concerned that the players had little time for rest in between two longish away trips.
They would’ve had little time to prepare for this game on Thursday and Friday would’ve been spent travelling up there.
The sky curse again then as why we had to play Wednesday instead of Tuesday.They wanted 6 games on each night and we got the unlucky one.
Today -Lumley on 22:38 - Dec 14 with 2987 viewsRangersw12

Last few games Lumley was starting to be more commanding in his area and was coming out for more crosses etc

Today he went back to being timid and being stuck on his line which contributed to the 2nd goal at least

A strange performance all round
Today -Lumley on 22:47 - Dec 14 with 2965 viewsYorkRanger

Today -Lumley on 22:38 - Dec 14 by Rangersw12

Last few games Lumley was starting to be more commanding in his area and was coming out for more crosses etc

Today he went back to being timid and being stuck on his line which contributed to the 2nd goal at least

A strange performance all round

Bizarre game. Could have been 7-7. Rangers defended like a pub team and every time Barnsley attacked we looked worried. I dont think Lumley wasany worse than anyone else. The save from the deflection was excellent but the situation was created by a poor throw out. I do think we turned up thinking we would just roll them over. Positively if someone had offered me 6 points from 9 before Preston I'd have happily taken that.

Really good turn out on a miserable wet and cold day.
Today -Lumley on 23:44 - Dec 14 with 2863 viewstimcocking

Well, being brutally honest, Joe was another who failed to cover himself in glory. He never even blinked for the first two. Those are the ones Smithies saved. Beaten at his near post twice without so much as flinching. Not sure he's fast enough at actually moving. He almost redeemed himself with a good penalty save though, that would have been nice.

It just seemed like one of those days. Barnsley played like a team possessed. An enjoyable game imo.
Today -Lumley on 01:55 - Dec 15 with 2780 viewsnix

Today -Lumley on 23:44 - Dec 14 by timcocking

Well, being brutally honest, Joe was another who failed to cover himself in glory. He never even blinked for the first two. Those are the ones Smithies saved. Beaten at his near post twice without so much as flinching. Not sure he's fast enough at actually moving. He almost redeemed himself with a good penalty save though, that would have been nice.

It just seemed like one of those days. Barnsley played like a team possessed. An enjoyable game imo.

I must admit I was a bit confused by the efforts for the first and second goals. The first one he didn't even lift his hands up for a save and the second one he seemed to fall down rather than stand up for, and both were at his near post. I've noticed him do that falling down thing before. It looks a bit like a tennis player being stuck in no man's land though. He's not going to save either a low shot or a high shot if he's falling down into the goal at his near post, surely?
Today -Lumley on 03:17 - Dec 15 with 2758 viewsNov77

Just watched the goals and it appears the only one he made any attempt to stop was the penalty.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Today -Lumley on 09:45 - Dec 15 with 2553 viewsnix

Today -Lumley on 03:17 - Dec 15 by Nov77

Just watched the goals and it appears the only one he made any attempt to stop was the penalty.

I know, that's what I don't get. I don't know whether he'd have saved any of them, it's just it looks awful when he doesn't even look like he's trying to save them (I'm not saying he isn't trying, maybe he knows they're a lost cause, but it would look better if he went for the save, surely?). I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's played in goal to explain it?
Today -Lumley on 11:30 - Dec 15 with 2394 viewsjonno

Today -Lumley on 01:55 - Dec 15 by nix

I must admit I was a bit confused by the efforts for the first and second goals. The first one he didn't even lift his hands up for a save and the second one he seemed to fall down rather than stand up for, and both were at his near post. I've noticed him do that falling down thing before. It looks a bit like a tennis player being stuck in no man's land though. He's not going to save either a low shot or a high shot if he's falling down into the goal at his near post, surely?

Only seen the goals during the game, but from what I can recall Lumley was certainly beaten at his near post for the first one (which should never really happen to a decent keeper) and the second one I would have expected a keeper at our level to stop. Admittedly he was not helped by defenders in front of him continually allowing their player to get to the ball first or leaving players totally unmarked in the box but even so I thought he was pretty poor for those goals. And while it's unfair to expect him to save penalties, he never seems to get close to saving one. It might be nice if for once he managed to save one. Other keepers do.
Today -Lumley on 12:25 - Dec 15 with 2344 viewsWatford_Ranger

Today -Lumley on 09:45 - Dec 15 by nix

I know, that's what I don't get. I don't know whether he'd have saved any of them, it's just it looks awful when he doesn't even look like he's trying to save them (I'm not saying he isn't trying, maybe he knows they're a lost cause, but it would look better if he went for the save, surely?). I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's played in goal to explain it?

Obviously never played at anything close to Joe’s level but sometimes you just know you’re beat or as with the second it’s too late to do anything.

The first goal I found odd sitting behind it and odder now. Was a well placed strike but not powerful and saveable IMO.

He also made a fantastic save shortly after the second to avoid an own goal.
To day -Lumley on 13:06 - Dec 15 with 2283 viewsNov77

For the last goal BOS quite simply went AWOL, think it was Manning that absolutely lambasted him for not even trying to follow his man who put the cross in.
Dreadful defending.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

To day -Lumley on 13:13 - Dec 15 with 2262 viewsWatford_Ranger

To day -Lumley on 13:06 - Dec 15 by Nov77

For the last goal BOS quite simply went AWOL, think it was Manning that absolutely lambasted him for not even trying to follow his man who put the cross in.
Dreadful defending.

Yeah. Played an impossible pass for Manning then berated him for not making the run then they just argued while barely jogging back.
Today -Lumley on 14:21 - Dec 15 with 2190 viewsBrianMcCarthy

1. Wallace and Hall
2. 4 on 3 at the edge of the box, no clearing header at the near post
3. Cameron and Hall
4. Cameron
5. BOS, Hall and Lumley

The first two his body and hands are in the right position. They're just incredibly hard-hit shots. No blame, no-one would have saved them.

No blame for the third or fourth.

Fifth he gets stuck on his feet. Not sure he would've saved it anyway but he just didn't commit on time.

Yesterday wasn't on Lumley.

edit - it was Wallace who got skinned for the first goal.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2019 14:35]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Today -Lumley on 14:43 - Dec 15 with 2151 viewsnix

Thanks Brian. That clears it up for me.
Today -Lumley on 14:49 - Dec 15 with 2135 viewsfrancisbowles

Today -Lumley on 14:21 - Dec 15 by BrianMcCarthy

1. Wallace and Hall
3. Cameron and Hall
4. Cameron
5. BOS, Hall and Lumley

The first two his body and hands are in the right position. They're just incredibly hard-hit shots. No blame, no-one would have saved them.

Fifth he gets stuck on his feet. Not sure he would've saved it anyway but he just didn't commit on time.

Brian the comms seemed to suggest that Manning was getting in BOS's space. I.E that BOS as a winger wanted the outside but Manning had gone past him and he had nowhere to go. I haven't seen it so haven't a scooby whether this is accurate.
Today -Lumley on 14:50 - Dec 15 with 2131 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Today -Lumley on 14:49 - Dec 15 by francisbowles

Brian the comms seemed to suggest that Manning was getting in BOS's space. I.E that BOS as a winger wanted the outside but Manning had gone past him and he had nowhere to go. I haven't seen it so haven't a scooby whether this is accurate.

Do you mean, generally?

Today -Lumley on 18:26 - Dec 15 with 2000 viewsdistortR

Today -Lumley on 14:21 - Dec 15 by BrianMcCarthy

1. Wallace and Hall
3. Cameron and Hall
4. Cameron
5. BOS, Hall and Lumley

Not Lumley's greatest fan, but i agree Brian.

The first two are really good finishes.
Today -Lumley on 18:38 - Dec 15 with 1988 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Today -Lumley on 18:26 - Dec 15 by distortR

Not Lumley's greatest fan, but i agree Brian.

The first two are really good finishes.

Ya, I think so.

The way I judge when i coach is if we all ask ourselves "if we scored that, would we think it was poor goalkeeping?"

And in these cases, I certainly wouldn't.

Really good finishes, as you say.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024