Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Kick up the Rs (again) 08:02 - Dec 21 with 7146 viewsdavman

Guys, save the "paper media is dead" arguments for somewhere else and try and buy a copy at today's game. Dave is facing threat of his printers stopping because of a debt he owes. No idea how much, but the point is, just buy a copy today maybe in place of the programme.

Irrespective if you think £5 is too much, (it isn't), we need to rally round as it will be a very, very sad day if it has to go.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 09:49 - Dec 21 with 5108 viewsDorse

http://www.akutrs.com/subscriptions/4593974993

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 09:53 - Dec 21 with 5102 viewsstowmarketrange

I always get my copy when I see julie or Dave,but he hasn’t been helped by midweek TV games and a few other things beyond his control.
It would be a real shame if it went the same way as a lot of other fanzines.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 10:22 - Dec 21 with 5047 viewsAshteadR

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 09:53 - Dec 21 by stowmarketrange

I always get my copy when I see julie or Dave,but he hasn’t been helped by midweek TV games and a few other things beyond his control.
It would be a real shame if it went the same way as a lot of other fanzines.

Always get a copy. Great read. Well worth a fiver. Give it a go folks.

Apologies if I flagged this thread incorrectly. Been a long time since I posted anything!
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 11:42 - Dec 21 with 4933 viewsLblock

I'll pick one up.... won't be seeking change

AKUTR's is an institution but sad to say I rarely buy one these days

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 11:55 - Dec 21 with 4912 viewsBenSummer

Was just about to post asking, I've never bought a copy before, whereabouts does he sell them from?
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 12:04 - Dec 21 with 4894 viewsstowmarketrange

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 11:55 - Dec 21 by BenSummer

Was just about to post asking, I've never bought a copy before, whereabouts does he sell them from?

Dave covers South Africa road before and after the game,Julie sells outside the loft entrance and I think there is someone at ellerslie road before and after games.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 14:12 - Dec 21 with 4814 viewsderbyhoop

Always far more interesting than the official programme, where 90% is already published pre-game.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:16 - Dec 21 with 4655 viewscolinallcars

Spurred on by this thread I bought one, first for a while. Sadly the lady said she hadn't sold many. I'm going to get one every match from now.
Login to get fewer ads

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:36 - Dec 21 with 4622 viewsRs_Holy

I buy one every time I visit Loftus Road... unfortunately that’s not as often as I used to ☹️
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:45 - Dec 21 with 4597 viewsMiss_Terraces

Losing AKUTRS, will hurt this club far more than losing Eze. When we sell Eze, we will be compensated and we've lost great players before but losing AKUTRS, we lose part of who we are.
I love you DT

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:46 - Dec 21 with 4591 viewsflynnbo

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:36 - Dec 21 by Rs_Holy

I buy one every time I visit Loftus Road... unfortunately that’s not as often as I used to ☹️

Bought a copy from Julie. Must have inspired me to leap like a salmon to punch the ball clear from row K in the SAR early on!!
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:58 - Dec 21 with 4562 viewsconnell10

I brought one and gave Dave a mince pie.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 21:32 - Dec 21 with 4419 viewsozexile

I'm an overseas fan and last season purchased a subscription. This year I didn't receive a renewal email or anything. I'll go online now and renew, however it may be an area of their business they could look at for more revenue. There's probably a lot like me.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 22:20 - Dec 21 with 4366 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 19:45 - Dec 21 by Miss_Terraces

Losing AKUTRS, will hurt this club far more than losing Eze. When we sell Eze, we will be compensated and we've lost great players before but losing AKUTRS, we lose part of who we are.
I love you DT

I fear that like the high street AKUTRs will someday fall victim to modern society; nonetheless it'd be a big wrench to see such a fine QPR institution fall.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 22:29 - Dec 21 with 4341 viewsPunteR

Any reason why it cant be an online thing or even part of this site?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 22:58 - Dec 21 with 4300 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 22:29 - Dec 21 by PunteR

Any reason why it cant be an online thing or even part of this site?

It's Dave's full time job I understand. No money in online publications I guess.

I quite like buying it in person and having a chat.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 22:59]
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 00:45 - Dec 22 with 4194 viewsPunteR

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 22:58 - Dec 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

It's Dave's full time job I understand. No money in online publications I guess.

I quite like buying it in person and having a chat.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 22:59]

There has to be more money to make online than selling outside football grounds surely. ? Instagram, FB,Twitter .. no one reads paper magazines anymore. Even the JW'S have gone online now. Those Watchtowers can be downloaded..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 07:52 - Dec 22 with 4082 viewsSirNose

subscribed
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:55]
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 08:26 - Dec 22 with 4036 viewsChristchurchhoop

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 07:52 - Dec 22 by SirNose

subscribed
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:55]

Where abouts did you purchase?
Regards
Andrew
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 09:07 - Dec 22 with 3967 viewsSirNose

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 08:26 - Dec 22 by Christchurchhoop

Where abouts did you purchase?
Regards
Andrew

http://www.akutrs.com/subscriptions/4593974993
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 09:19 - Dec 22 with 3943 viewspaulparker

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 00:45 - Dec 22 by PunteR

There has to be more money to make online than selling outside football grounds surely. ? Instagram, FB,Twitter .. no one reads paper magazines anymore. Even the JW'S have gone online now. Those Watchtowers can be downloaded..

Sad to say the fanzine is now dead , message boards,podcasts , fan tv and posh grammar school lads making YouTube vids is what it’s all about now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 09:25 - Dec 22 with 3921 viewsEsox_Lucius

As a few of you may already know, I travel down to games with Dave and we have had many variations of this conversation. I know that if he could get 1000 subscriptions it would pretty much guarantee that he would be able to keep going with the mag. For those who prefer to buy from him directly, and there are a few as I know from the odd occasions I have sold from 'his' spot whilst he went and parked the car etc. I am sure he would still bring his rucksack full of mags home and away. I know a few fans also sponsor ads for their businesses within the mag and that helps too.

For £10 a month you could save an northern based ex pat from having to give up standing in the middle of the road shouting at passers by.

The grass is always greener.

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 14:55 - Dec 22 with 3771 viewssmegma

I have every copy since Sept 87 when it started.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 15:09 - Dec 22 with 3747 viewsstowmarketrange

A Kick up the Rs (again) on 14:55 - Dec 22 by smegma

I have every copy since Sept 87 when it started.

Same here,although I’ve given a fair few away.I think there was even 2 issues with the same edition number.
A Kick up the Rs (again) on 17:30 - Dec 22 with 3655 viewsNoelmc

Fairly sure I’ve managed to buy them all too over the years. A great read and well worth the price.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024