Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Bowyer 19:36 - Dec 22 with 2220 viewsParkRoyalR

Impressed with him yesterday for a few reasons:

1) Acknowledged 2nd equaliser fortunately dropped onto their guys foot from what should have been a fairly routine headed clearance, but.........

2) Made his own luck when moved the big unit up front and went long ball as sensed our substitutions with BOS had given us a much needed out ball and we had taken back possession in last 25 mins

3) Made a change in the 1st Half after 25 mins as saw we were dominating and his change seemed to make the difference until MW countered with BOS etc in the 65 minute.

Decent game with lots of positives (especially BOS + Lumley) with two Managers who try to play decent football with fairly limited resources.
Lee Bowyer on 20:00 - Dec 22 with 2141 viewsNorthernr

Agree with all of this actually. I hate the little fcker, but I thought that was incredibly brave and proactive to hook a player having a mare after 25 minutes - when you've already lost one to injury after 10, and have others playing jabbed up who might not be able to do 90 - and it really worked for them. Of course, we should have had the bloody game out of sight by then, and should still have won anyway.

He's worked a fcking miracle there with their ownership situation. To still be putting a team out that can play like that at this level despite all of that, and a dozen injuries, is quite something.
Lee Bowyer on 20:29 - Dec 22 with 2016 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lee Bowyer on 20:00 - Dec 22 by Northernr

Agree with all of this actually. I hate the little fcker, but I thought that was incredibly brave and proactive to hook a player having a mare after 25 minutes - when you've already lost one to injury after 10, and have others playing jabbed up who might not be able to do 90 - and it really worked for them. Of course, we should have had the bloody game out of sight by then, and should still have won anyway.

He's worked a fcking miracle there with their ownership situation. To still be putting a team out that can play like that at this level despite all of that, and a dozen injuries, is quite something.

When he was smashing up McDonalds and racially abusing it's customers I would never have thought him the management type.

Hope for Barton maybe.
Lee Bowyer on 21:12 - Dec 22 with 1901 viewsnix

He was also quite gracious. I saw him go and talk to Eze at the end when he was so gutted he was just crouching down. Pretty classy from an opposing manager.
Lee Bowyer on 21:27 - Dec 22 with 1844 viewsPunteR

I quite like Lee Bowyer. Yeh he did some shite things when he was younger but so did i so who am i to judge. Talks well in his interviews, pretty honest bloke to me it seems. Top player as well in his day. Young English manager working at lower league clubs and doing well. Obviously knows his football and wants to share his knowledge of the game.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lee Bowyer on 22:17 - Dec 22 with 1708 viewsNed_Kennedys

Lee Bowyer on 21:27 - Dec 22 by PunteR

I quite like Lee Bowyer. Yeh he did some shite things when he was younger but so did i so who am i to judge. Talks well in his interviews, pretty honest bloke to me it seems. Top player as well in his day. Young English manager working at lower league clubs and doing well. Obviously knows his football and wants to share his knowledge of the game.

He's had a great start to his managerial career so far: getting promoted and holding their own this season whilst working under one of the worst owners in football. Yes he's made mistakes but we all have, even the holier-than-thou brigade.
Lee Bowyer on 01:08 - Dec 23 with 1507 viewssuperhoopdownunder

100% agree Bowyer made a good tactical change after around half an hour which changed the game to Charlton's advantage until BOS came on.

Warburton should have started with BOS - he's one of our best players.
Even with the team as it was he should have seen the swing in the game and made a change much sooner than the 66th minute.
Lee Bowyer on 02:10 - Dec 23 with 1486 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Given the above comments, encouraging then that QPR were also considering Lee for the manager's job. It appears their scouting of managers is improving.
Lee Bowyer on 04:16 - Dec 23 with 1453 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lee Bowyer on 20:29 - Dec 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

When he was smashing up McDonalds and racially abusing it's customers I would never have thought him the management type.

Hope for Barton maybe.

Much as I can’t stand them, McDonalds quickly reviewed their branch manager recruitment and training program, and made significant changes. Since then, not one of their managers has conducted him or herself in such a fashion as Bowyer.

To think, Bowyer could easily have been an area manager for McDonalds by now and forged a reasonable career for himself in the fast food industry. A lesson for us all in customer care skills as opposed to customer scare tactics!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024