Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan players 01:58 - Dec 24 with 3528 viewsnix

I know the parent club can recall players but can we also send players back in January? Of our loanees I'd keep Hughill, Wells, Amos (who's starting to look good after injury), and send back Matt Smith and Mlakar, neither of whom look like they could hit the ground running at this level, which is really what you need for loan players.

I'd replace them with a DM and a right back and use our own u23s if necessary instead of Smith and Mlakar as I don't think they'd be worse (although I'm happy to be corrected on that).

All this is provided we don't lose Eze in January.
Loan players on 08:35 - Dec 24 with 3402 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good questions. I don't know the answers but someone will.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loan players on 09:25 - Dec 24 with 3324 viewsrunningman75

I would agree with most of that though I would not go for a right back. I think Todd Kane gets scapegoated a lot at times and also we have Rangel. We have so many goalkeepers in the squad but all have limited championship experience. If possible I would still like an experienced goalkeeper at the club who could also help the development of the goalkeepers there already.
Loan players on 09:50 - Dec 24 with 3267 viewssmegma

what amazes me is Mlakar and Smith are not playing for either the first team or the u23s. Whats the point ?? Mlakar played once once for the 23s but went off injured at half time. Havnt seen him since.
Loan players on 09:58 - Dec 24 with 3251 viewsWestbourneR

I think Kane is starting to show he's a good player at this level.

But yes small Matt Smith and Mlakar need to move on. We can't afford to loans who never play.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Loan players on 10:05 - Dec 24 with 3236 viewsnix

Loan players on 09:50 - Dec 24 by smegma

what amazes me is Mlakar and Smith are not playing for either the first team or the u23s. Whats the point ?? Mlakar played once once for the 23s but went off injured at half time. Havnt seen him since.

I really didn't rate them much when I've seen them play though. Nothing particularly wrong with them but they didn't seem to bring much to the party. I'm sure they'd be fine if they were our players that we could bring on gradually but they're not players that I'd want to bring on for another club as they didn't seem to offer us enough. When compared with Ojie Ejaria at Reading, they're not in the same ballpark. Having said that they're buying him at the end of the season from Liverpool and he might be way outside our price range/wage bill.

Is there anyone in the U23s that looks ready for some cameo performances Smeg?

I said right back because Kane can sometimes get the run around from good teams. He also doesn't have great stats for passing or ground/air duels. As Rangel is often injured and we don't have an another player that can slot into that position in an emergency it might be a decent investment.
Loan players on 10:16 - Dec 24 with 3208 viewsloftboy

Loan players on 09:58 - Dec 24 by WestbourneR

I think Kane is starting to show he's a good player at this level.

But yes small Matt Smith and Mlakar need to move on. We can't afford to loans who never play.

Couldn’t send Kane back, he’s ours.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Loan players on 10:50 - Dec 24 with 3186 viewsdaveB

loan deals have a break clause in January so we can all back players or clubs can call them back. I'd expect Smith and Mlakar to go back as hasn't really worked out for them
Loan players on 13:10 - Dec 24 with 3073 viewsrsonist

MW made a pretty big deal of wanting to establish the club as a good stop for loan development so if it isn't working out in certain cases I'd imagine it's in no one's best interests to keep players around as squad filler. A couple of bright new faces is a quick way to freshen things up mid-season too.

Beyond reasons of Eze rumours Spurs do look to have several candidates that need games now and might fit the profile - Walker-Peters, Tanganga, Eyoma, Skipp, Oakley-Boothe.

Marc Guehi the England U21 CB captain at Chelsea will probably be available. I'd look at Max Kilman at Wolves and Ethan Laird at United too if poss.

Obviously I think we'd all prefer if we spent our money more wisely than putting it all in one Scott McKenna shaped basket but January's not really the best time.
Login to get fewer ads

Loan players on 13:13 - Dec 24 with 3071 viewsrsonist

Incidentally the top scorer in the PL2 reserve league looks familiar... the name too actually... one Anthony Scully.
Loan players on 15:33 - Dec 24 with 2712 viewsMatch82

Raises an interesting question as well, id say at this point 2.5/5 have been a relative success. 50%. Is that good? I'd say it's a decent return given that they were on mostly favorable terms (based on the fact we didn't cave and pay whatever was demanded, which we usually do)
Loan players on 22:46 - Dec 24 with 2091 viewsDorse

Loan players on 15:33 - Dec 24 by Match82

Raises an interesting question as well, id say at this point 2.5/5 have been a relative success. 50%. Is that good? I'd say it's a decent return given that they were on mostly favorable terms (based on the fact we didn't cave and pay whatever was demanded, which we usually do)

I was really impressed with the loans when they were announced. Mlakaar was a bit of an unknown quantity but the rest looked like good business. In hindsight, Smith's lack of games has been the only real surprise. Hugill has been a monster - can't help but like the bloke, he's hilarious.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Loan players on 07:00 - Dec 25 with 1951 viewsnix

Loan players on 22:46 - Dec 24 by Dorse

I was really impressed with the loans when they were announced. Mlakaar was a bit of an unknown quantity but the rest looked like good business. In hindsight, Smith's lack of games has been the only real surprise. Hugill has been a monster - can't help but like the bloke, he's hilarious.

Hughill's great. I love it when he runs at the defender and roars. It's a shame Matt Smith hasn't really worked out. It's a bit like Tom Carroll when he joined us on loan, he just doesn't seem to have the physicality to cope with the Championship at the moment. I can see that he appeared a fantastic signing for us as he did well for FC Twente when winning the title last season, has played for Wales and has had his contract renewed until 2023 after being reportedly fought over by clubs in the Bundesliga. But he's reportedly on £400k, more than Eze, Bright, Manning and Barbet, so if we can break the contract, I think we probably will.
Loan players on 08:45 - Dec 25 with 1902 views18StoneOfHoop

Loan players on 13:13 - Dec 24 by rsonist

Incidentally the top scorer in the PL2 reserve league looks familiar... the name too actually... one Anthony Scully.

Nurse the pills! I still suffer from the dread 1999/2000 seasonis horriblis nightmares
Son of Headless Tony Scully or Alan Bleasdale's Scully?

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/aug-1998-tony-scully-of-queens-park-rangers
[Post edited 25 Dec 2019 9:48]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Loan players on 09:23 - Dec 25 with 1859 viewsHayesender

Loan players on 08:45 - Dec 25 by 18StoneOfHoop

Nurse the pills! I still suffer from the dread 1999/2000 seasonis horriblis nightmares
Son of Headless Tony Scully or Alan Bleasdale's Scully?

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/aug-1998-tony-scully-of-queens-park-rangers
[Post edited 25 Dec 2019 9:48]

Marco Van Scully

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Loan players on 10:48 - Dec 26 with 1583 viewsWestbourneR

Loan players on 10:16 - Dec 24 by loftboy

Couldn’t send Kane back, he’s ours.

Yeah I know - sorry I wasn't clear - I was replying to the original post that said we needed a RB on loan.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024