Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy 70th birthday........ 05:27 - Dec 24 with 2568 viewssmegma

To THE greatest player that has ever worn a QPR shirt. Mr Bowles will always be Stan THE Man. Thank you for the best 7 years of my life.
Happy 70th birthday........ on 07:38 - Dec 24 with 2507 viewsCamberleyR

It's his 71st. Happy Birthday to the greatest.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 8:18]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Happy 70th birthday........ on 07:56 - Dec 24 with 2501 viewsrrrspricey

Yep, 71st Echo the sentiment though, growing up watching the man was a pleasure and an honour, a happy birthday Sir Stanley
Happy 70th birthday........ on 08:44 - Dec 24 with 2449 viewscolinallcars

Born is the king of Shepherds Bush. I like carols...
Happy 70th birthday........ on 08:47 - Dec 24 with 2448 viewsstevec

Won’t ever see another player like Stan in the hoops, fantastic footballer.

Happy 71st.
Happy 70th birthday........ on 09:01 - Dec 24 with 2420 viewsBoston

Happy 70th birthday........ on 08:44 - Dec 24 by colinallcars

Born is the king of Shepherds Bush. I like carols...

Like one or two myself, especially that Vorderman.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 9:02]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Happy 70th birthday........ on 09:24 - Dec 24 with 2394 viewsWatfordR

The greatest privilege of my football supporting life to have watched Stanley in the Hoops. The greatest memories For those of you who never had the opportunity, it was like watching Eze at Hull earlier this season. But better. Much much better. And every single game. Some say no player is bigger than the club, but Stan was our club's heritage. If you wanted to describe what QPR is all about in one word, that word is Stanley.

Happy Birthday Stan.
Happy 70th birthday........ on 09:41 - Dec 24 with 2368 viewsted_hendrix

Happy 70th birthday........ on 09:24 - Dec 24 by WatfordR

The greatest privilege of my football supporting life to have watched Stanley in the Hoops. The greatest memories For those of you who never had the opportunity, it was like watching Eze at Hull earlier this season. But better. Much much better. And every single game. Some say no player is bigger than the club, but Stan was our club's heritage. If you wanted to describe what QPR is all about in one word, that word is Stanley.

Happy Birthday Stan.

He was what is loosely called 'untouchable' he also done it on pitches that sometimes were nowhere near the standard of nowadays.
You posters who never saw him play in the flesh so to speak can Youtube most of it, but believe me actually being there when the daft sod was on the pitch was a bloody privilege.
They don't come around often, In Stans case they don't come around again.
Happy Birthday Stan, your personally signed and framed picture is still with me.
Have another pint on me...................................................

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Happy 70th birthday........ on 09:48 - Dec 24 with 2352 viewsconnell10

Happy birthday to Stan the Man .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Happy 70th birthday........ on 09:48 - Dec 24 with 2352 viewssmegma

Happy 70th birthday........ on 07:56 - Dec 24 by rrrspricey

Yep, 71st Echo the sentiment though, growing up watching the man was a pleasure and an honour, a happy birthday Sir Stanley

I looked on wiki which STILL says 70. I should've looked on his DOB details I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Bowles
Happy 70th birthday........ on 10:06 - Dec 24 with 2316 viewsPommyhoop

Happy Birthday, Stan. Thank Christ I was lucky enough to see you play regularly.
Spoiled me rotten

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Happy 70th birthday........ on 10:22 - Dec 24 with 2258 viewsenfieldargh

Happy 70th birthday........ on 09:41 - Dec 24 by ted_hendrix

He was what is loosely called 'untouchable' he also done it on pitches that sometimes were nowhere near the standard of nowadays.
You posters who never saw him play in the flesh so to speak can Youtube most of it, but believe me actually being there when the daft sod was on the pitch was a bloody privilege.
They don't come around often, In Stans case they don't come around again.
Happy Birthday Stan, your personally signed and framed picture is still with me.
Have another pint on me...................................................

Would revel in todays game, he played with sublime skill and vision on pitches like building sites and defenders with an agenda of kick him as hard as you can.

Rarely saw him ever retaliate, Stan was clever, he let his skill do all the talking.

He lifted my spirits higher than any QPR player has and left me broken hearted everytime he handed in a transfer request.

Happy Birthday Stanley

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Happy 70th birthday........ on 10:45 - Dec 24 with 2206 views2Thomas2Bowles

Thank God/whoever, he was a maverick and no "big" clubs would touch him.

Doing the biz on mud-heaps and kicked from pillar to post.

He was a lot fitter than some thought and could be pretty quick to keep up with DT's lightning speed.

A team player.

The only player JG never wanted to sell and Stan knew it, asking for a transfer just a way of getting another pay rise.

Happy Birthday Stan a true legend.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 10:49]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Happy 70th birthday........ on 10:49 - Dec 24 with 2198 viewscolinallcars

Happy 70th birthday........ on 09:01 - Dec 24 by Boston

Like one or two myself, especially that Vorderman.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 9:02]

Coincidently, it's her birthday today as well.
Happy 70th birthday........ on 13:43 - Dec 24 with 1997 viewsBoston

Happy 70th birthday........ on 10:49 - Dec 24 by colinallcars

Coincidently, it's her birthday today as well.

Y’don’t say! Wonder does she need someone to help her celebrate, I am in the country at the moment...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Happy 70th birthday........ on 14:12 - Dec 24 with 1860 viewsStanisgod

Happy birthday Stan, my all time hero.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Happy 70th birthday........ on 15:04 - Dec 24 with 1724 viewsQPR_John

Happy Birthday Stan. As many have said he is what QPR is all about. Of all the greats I've had the pleasure to have watched in the hoops he stood out.
Happy 70th birthday........ on 15:47 - Dec 24 with 1655 viewsTripleR

By far and away the very best QPR player I've seen in nearly 60 years of watching the Hoops.
He was a fantastic team player, supreme skills and a great reader of the game.

To put it into context with modern players, he did this week in, week out and against the very best in the country at that time on pitches that were like building sites.

Fond memories of him taking penalties at half time about 20/25 years ago, even then after many years of retirement he could still caress the ball into the net making the goalies look foolish.
A cultured left foot.

We used to sit in the paddocks then and my son got his autograph. Happy days indeed.
Happy 70th birthday........ on 20:20 - Dec 24 with 1315 viewsWren67

Happy birthday Stan. My favourite QPR Player. Saw him play lots. They broke the mould when Stan was made. Thanks Stan.
Happy 70th birthday........ on 22:54 - Dec 24 with 1126 viewsNoelmc

Many Happy Returns Stan. Thanks for all the great memories.

He will forever be my all-time footballing hero.
Happy 70th birthday........ on 04:07 - Dec 25 with 1000 viewsmylot50years

When people mention world class footballer's in the past and in present times, I feel privileged to have been able to witness your career at QPR.
Stan you were right up there with anything I've seen, and in today's football with the perfect pitches etc you would have been impossible to contain, and hence set the target for anyone wishing to be rated world class that they could feel they had rightfully earned that accolade by coming a distant second to you.
Have a great birthday Stan and all the best for 2020.
Happy 70th birthday........ on 06:31 - Dec 25 with 978 viewsLoftgirl

Happy 70th birthday........ on 08:47 - Dec 24 by stevec

Won’t ever see another player like Stan in the hoops, fantastic footballer.

Happy 71st.

If players with the attitude of Neymar are worth squillions, Stan would be how much in today's market?
Happy 70th birthday........ on 22:49 - Dec 26 with 774 viewsMiss_Terraces

I love you Stan, I was born in 78, I never got to see you play live. I'm so jealous of those that was. The sad thing is I appreciate you more, than so many that did. I respect that you played on football pitches rather than bowling greens. You was tested by the different pitches, that changed with the seasons. Even then the best pitches, wouldn't be allowed nowadays. You played at a time, when defenders weren't afraid to attack, let alone defend. Unlike the so called great players of now, who play with team mates, who are far superior to the opposition. You were tested by the terraces, the scum was intimidated by our all seater stadium under Warnock. You had many faults, as we all do but you allowed us to see who you was. Today's so called superstars, even with social media seem characterless.
I'm drunk and unhappy but you always make me smile x

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024