Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" 13:06 - Dec 26 with 17985 viewsdavman

It's a right laugh this Champo. Absolutely no idea whether we will turn up or they will play as well as they did at HQ.

Sit on the fence. 2-2 seems popular...

See you all there; I hear the rain may stop.

Merry Xmas!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 00:11 - Dec 27 with 1905 viewsBoston

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:03 - Dec 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

As well as Swift struck his goal, to take a touch and shot without anyone getting within two metres of you is unforgivable.

I think we are kidding ourselves if we think we were hard done by. Lumley class in our end too.

EDIT: TWO touches.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 22:09]

Shadduuup.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 00:23 - Dec 27 with 1881 viewsnix

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 23:27 - Dec 26 by MedwayR

When Barbet is back it might be worth playing Hall in the defensive CM role instead of Cameron, he did well there under Holloway.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 23:27]

I'd like to see Hall in defensive mid too. And then slotting back into defence when necessary to help them. I also think Amos has been much better in recent matches and looked to get into some
good positions in the penalty area but the ball didn't fall for him or they didn't pass to him.

We looked good towards the end but it was just one of those matches where we looked like we'd never score as the ball just didn't run for us. It happens. Joe has looked much better in the last few matches; much more decisive and he'd made some good saves too. Good to see him get some confidence back.

I bet Reading are secretly quite relieved tI come away with all three points.

Just wish Ebs had been luckier with that roulette and shot that was saved by a defender on the line. It would have been an outrageous goal.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 01:02 - Dec 27 with 1807 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 00:11 - Dec 27 by Boston

Shadduuup.

...your face
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 01:23 - Dec 27 with 1797 viewsnix

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 21:44 - Dec 26 by Antti_Heinola

If I were you, I'd not watch his post match interview if it annoys you that much. Why put yourself through it mate? I've blocked about 9 posters on here now and my God, it makes this place a nicer place to be. Ignoring unimportant stuff that shouldn't annoy you but does is a great Resolution for you.

I'm up to 21. Although some of them have changed incarnation several times I think, so it's the same person banned 3x. Others have probably been banned/left the site. As for the remainder, I agree it's v peaceful and much less negative not having to read the same old moany stuff every week.

I appreciate what Warburton says. If he dug individual players out, he'd be criticised for that. If he was too specific about what was going wrong, he'd be handing ammunition to future opponents. If he was too passionate, he'd be slagged off for being out of control, like Ollie. If you can't please everyone all of the time, just please yourself.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 02:39 - Dec 27 with 1761 viewsMatch82

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:28 - Dec 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

'Marc Poo'

2/10 not your best.

Yeah can I just drop this before it starts please. Never understood the point of giving derogatory nicknames to players, what exactly is it achieving. Particularly with someone like Pugh who by all accounts has been 100% professional his entire career, moved here for first team football and has not said a word since despite not being granted that. Regardless of what you think of his ability, he deserves better.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 08:15 - Dec 27 with 1586 viewsBoston

12,495...I should coco!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 08:33 - Dec 27 with 1553 viewsDWQPR

For my tuppence worth that was the best we have played for a couple of months, actually looked solid at the back, apart from a god awful headed ‘clearance’ by Kane that led to their goal, and going forward looked more than threatening and given a fair wind could easily have got three or four goals. Eze was for me the best player on the pitch by a mile and I don’t care what the song called pundits said, that was a nailed on penalty in the first half when Eze took on half their team, he’d pushed the ball past the defender and the defender took him out.

Chair looks ready for another run in the team and I liked the look of Smith when he came on, he looked to drive the team forward from the back and could pick a pass. The team by the end of the game had a good balance about them.

Now compare the same game back at LR a couple of months ago and Reading for me were far the more dangerous side. Tonight with a bit of luck on our side it would have been a comfortable win for us.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 08:33 - Dec 27 with 1551 viewsDWQPR

For my tuppence worth that was the best we have played for a couple of months, actually looked solid at the back, apart from a god awful headed ‘clearance’ by Kane that led to their goal, and going forward looked more than threatening and given a fair wind could easily have got three or four goals. Eze was for me the best player on the pitch by a mile and I don’t care what the song called pundits said, that was a nailed on penalty in the first half when Eze took on half their team, he’d pushed the ball past the defender and the defender took him out.

Chair looks ready for another run in the team and I liked the look of Smith when he came on, he looked to drive the team forward from the back and could pick a pass. The team by the end of the game had a good balance about them.

Now compare the same game back at LR a couple of months ago and Reading for me were far the more dangerous side. Tonight with a bit of luck on our side it would have been a comfortable win for us.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 08:56 - Dec 27 with 1498 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 02:39 - Dec 27 by Match82

Yeah can I just drop this before it starts please. Never understood the point of giving derogatory nicknames to players, what exactly is it achieving. Particularly with someone like Pugh who by all accounts has been 100% professional his entire career, moved here for first team football and has not said a word since despite not being granted that. Regardless of what you think of his ability, he deserves better.

To be clear that was a sarcastic comment on a series of nicknames from LBLock.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 09:35 - Dec 27 with 1431 viewsToast_R

I'd just like to say from the comfort of my own living room, what a terrible atmosphere that stadium seems to have. Looked like a reserve match going on. Awful, just awful. What were Sky thinking putting this on at 19:30 on Boxing day evening?
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 09:42 - Dec 27 with 1403 viewsWatford_Ranger

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 09:35 - Dec 27 by Toast_R

I'd just like to say from the comfort of my own living room, what a terrible atmosphere that stadium seems to have. Looked like a reserve match going on. Awful, just awful. What were Sky thinking putting this on at 19:30 on Boxing day evening?

Easy for them to get to from Isleworth.

Agreed though it’s a horrible soulless bowl with nothing to distinguish it much from a dozen other grounds. They’ve attracted a slightly middle class and not very convincing “yoof” element to the left of the away fans which is a plus compared to the grounds where you’re a million miles from anyone.

Had a drink in the “fan zone” which had a big screen showing the Leeds game. Was very pleasant with some different food options. Very rugby/cricket but in a good way this time.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 09:45 - Dec 27 with 1399 viewsTacticalR

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 09:35 - Dec 27 by Toast_R

The pitch didn't look that great either - quite cut up and some muddy patches.

Air hostess clique

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 10:10 - Dec 27 with 1337 viewsAntti_Heinola

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 08:33 - Dec 27 by DWQPR

Interesting. I thought we weren't close enough to the Preston performance, which was just solid throughout. But I don't get the anger on here about this performance from some posters. We started very slowly, but got ourselves back into it. Reading, at home, with some undeniably good players, had their spells, but scored with a worldy - which, yes, we should've closed down quicker, but it was still a phenomenal strike - could not have been more in the corner. And as I said earlier, when you hit the underside of the bar, have a shot cleared off the line and have a third effort which hits the keeper's head and goes out, you can count yourself unlucky not to score. Three things like that to happen in one game - in one half, actually - is extremely unusual.

Bare bones.

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 10:19 - Dec 27 with 1306 viewsLblock

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 08:56 - Dec 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

To be clear that was a sarcastic comment on a series of nicknames from LBLock.

I’ll drop the sarcastic nicknames when you stop turning every other thread into a political broadcast for communism and posting heavily edited and biased Momentum graphs, pie charts and polls

As you were then......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 10:24 - Dec 27 with 1295 viewsHooparoo

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 10:10 - Dec 27 by Antti_Heinola

Interesting. I thought we weren't close enough to the Preston performance, which was just solid throughout. But I don't get the anger on here about this performance from some posters. We started very slowly, but got ourselves back into it. Reading, at home, with some undeniably good players, had their spells, but scored with a worldy - which, yes, we should've closed down quicker, but it was still a phenomenal strike - could not have been more in the corner. And as I said earlier, when you hit the underside of the bar, have a shot cleared off the line and have a third effort which hits the keeper's head and goes out, you can count yourself unlucky not to score. Three things like that to happen in one game - in one half, actually - is extremely unusual.

On another day, Hugill would have got a hat trick, Eze and Chair would have been contenders for goal of the month and we would have won 5-0. That’s football 🙄

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 10:32 - Dec 27 with 1272 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 10:19 - Dec 27 by Lblock

I’ll drop the sarcastic nicknames when you stop turning every other thread into a political broadcast for communism and posting heavily edited and biased Momentum graphs, pie charts and polls

As you were then......

No need to throw your toys out the pram young man! Was just a comment.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 10:41 - Dec 27 with 1246 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We’ve had problems being clinical all season.

Thought the Luton game could have been our breakthrough moment, but it turned into a bit of a nail biter in the end.

If we give someone a stress free tonking I think we’ll really kick on for a bit. We have two experienced and quality strikers so it’s a confidence thing rather than a quality thing.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 11:02 - Dec 27 with 1166 viewsTacticalR

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 10:32 - Dec 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

No need to throw your toys out the pram young man! Was just a comment.

Lblock can't handle pie charts.

Air hostess clique

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 11:13 - Dec 27 with 1139 viewsfrancisbowles

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 22:42 - Dec 26 by traininvain

Looks like I’m on my own thinking that Amos is improving with every game! Played a couple of lovely passes tonight.

No......

I was saying that Amos often plays a lovely pass around the player.

Can't understand the negativity on here during the game but some more sensible and realistic posters after full time. It wasn't a classic but it was an entertaining nail biter. We might have closed Swift down a bit quicker but I don't think it would have stopped him and we almost scored with a better goal, a Pele, George Best, Stan, Adel type moment.

Most of the team played ok and Smith and Chair off the bench were a plus too.

Hugill has his limitations but he puts in a great shift and he was very unlucky tonight, the offside when he scored was marginal and the one that hit the keeper's head was a good strike and he didn't do anything wrong there.

Reading played well, they passed the ball around nicely at times and have some talent and some good pros.

What the hell is Warburton supposed to say. Again it is missed chances that have cost us.
He knows it, they know it, trying to put it right but largely a difficult skill to do if it is not natural.

Shameful is a ridiculous word to use about our performance either individually or as a team.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 11:28 - Dec 27 with 1116 viewsthemodfather

qpr played well, deserved a draw at least , reading had a good chance early on and lumley saved well, we had one ruled off, wasted free kicks and their goalie knew nothing of the one hitting his face or the bar! lee hendrie as commentator was awful, his brummie droning irritated me! well done to those who went, poor crowd, half empty stadium sums it up. we finished feeling robbed.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 18:36 - Jan 5 with 811 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 10:41 - Dec 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

We’ve had problems being clinical all season.

Thought the Luton game could have been our breakthrough moment, but it turned into a bit of a nail biter in the end.

If we give someone a stress free tonking I think we’ll really kick on for a bit. We have two experienced and quality strikers so it’s a confidence thing rather than a quality thing.

BUMP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024