Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today 19:40 - Dec 29 with 3005 viewsJuzzie

Parked up, popped into the Conny to use the toilets, didnt recognise anyone in the pub from when I used to go.

Walked down South Africa Road, saw some old faces which was nice.

Then around to the Lower Loft to take up our seats.

He was very excited and was very attentive the first half. The expected “I’m bored” after 10 minutes never materialised. He clapped when everyone else clapped. He watched the ball, his favourite player was Eze, he was so happy when we scored.

2nd half as it got colder and darker and longer then he started to wain, much like the team! He didn’t see the winning goal as he was watching videos on my phone by then.

On the way back to the car he was having fun chasing my shadows from the street lights. Popped into a shop for water and some sweets and when we got home he wanted to keep his QPR replica top on.

You can keep your FIFA playing, acca/Ladbrokes lads, round your mates with beer & pizza to watch the next Champions League match day 3 on the tele, mock shock, tweeting like you know everything, shouting for the managers head every game, 21st century fan.

Today, for me, is what football is about.

[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 21:16]
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 20:18 - Dec 29 with 2853 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sadly they don't stay 5 forever. Enjoy them whilst they're little.
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 21:27 - Dec 29 with 2678 viewsdigswellhoop

as a qpr fan i appologise for qpr KEEP THE BELIEF
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 21:35 - Dec 29 with 2644 viewsPunteR

Great stuff. 100% agree its what football and QPR are about. No apologies from me about the result. My 11 year old lad has never seen us lose yet in a live game. Can he even call himself a QPR fan yet?..lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 21:40 - Dec 29 with 2621 viewsGloucs_R

Took my 6 year old today, that's now two 2-1 losses and a 1-1. Only so much they can take at that age.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 21:46 - Dec 29 with 2595 viewsPunteR

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 21:40 - Dec 29 by Gloucs_R

Took my 6 year old today, that's now two 2-1 losses and a 1-1. Only so much they can take at that age.

Stick with it. They'll thankyou/hate you for it but its worth it in the long run. What other team are they going to support?

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 21:52 - Dec 29 with 2581 viewswelwynranger

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 21:40 - Dec 29 by Gloucs_R

Dont tell him that thing will get better.
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 21:54 - Dec 29 with 2578 viewsMyGFrancis

I think that's lovely. It is what it's all about.

My youngest waited 13 games for his first win, hated it and was derided in the playground for it, but now, at 14, wears it as a badge of honour. We and this are so much more. COYRS!
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 22:06 - Dec 29 with 2524 viewsPunteR

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 21:54 - Dec 29 by MyGFrancis

I think that's lovely. It is what it's all about.

My youngest waited 13 games for his first win, hated it and was derided in the playground for it, but now, at 14, wears it as a badge of honour. We and this are so much more. COYRS!

Yeh boii!!. Love it mate.

Login to get fewer ads

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 22:08 - Dec 29 with 2515 viewsqueensparker

Love it.

My kids are 5 and 3 won’t be long til I’m dragging them along... can’t wait
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 22:12 - Dec 29 with 2496 viewsGloucs_R

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 21:46 - Dec 29 by PunteR

Stick with it. They'll thankyou/hate you for it but its worth it in the long run. What other team are they going to support?

My 10 year old is fine with it

My 6 year old classmates all support Liverpool or Chelsea 😞

Poll: Are we staying up?

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 22:14 - Dec 29 with 2489 viewsstowmarketrange

It probably helped that we kicked towards the loft in the 1st half.I personally hate it when it happens as we can sometimes build up some momentum kicking towards the loft in the 2nd half.
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 22:19 - Dec 29 with 2471 viewsthame_hoops

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 22:14 - Dec 29 by stowmarketrange

It probably helped that we kicked towards the loft in the 1st half.I personally hate it when it happens as we can sometimes build up some momentum kicking towards the loft in the 2nd half.

Hopefully he’ll stick around, I always remember at 8 years old walking up from the steps in Ellerslie seeing the blue and white hoops on a green Astro turf field and was transfixed.

Kids watching tv on phone screens out and about Is my pet hate, I’ve seen some strollers with built in phone holders that drop down so the kid can watch tv on an iPhone
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 22:39 - Dec 29 with 2417 viewshorshamHoop

Took my 19 year old boy today, he goes to around 4 games a season with me and always a festive game.
Today was very difficult as to lose having been one nil up and clearly the better side is very hard to take.
But he was with me when we got hammered at Brighton and our support at the end sang "let's pretend we scored a goal"
And when we played the Huddersfield at home under Jimmy Floyd when most of the players strolled around and clearly did not give a f-------------uck! (Nakhi was playing for them that day)
On the upside..........................
We were recently at Derby on the coldest of days and the atmosphere in the away end was so good

It is the hope that kills you but the hope here is that we did and have played some lovely football at times this season and once the disappointment of today subsides, I am happier with this set up than I have been for some time. Lots of players had a good game today and there is no way we will go down.

That is why we keep coming back and a quick mention to the Hull Player who came off in tears with what looked like a bad injury - puts it all in perspective

Happy New year - everyone!
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 2381 viewssmegma

We spoke outside the main entrance. I didn't know you but I was with Dawn and Paul, when you walked off I was told you were Juzzie who used to post online a few years ago.
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 23:29 - Dec 29 with 2324 viewsJuzzie

Oh wow! Great to meet you, as it were.

Yeah, i think I was more active on the old official message board back then. I read a lot on here but post now and then, not as often as I used to. My two little ‘uns keep me busy!

Gutted about the result of course but it was all about the day, nothing can take that away.

He wants to come again but it’s not easy as so many things have to fall in place due to my partners weekend work commitments and other things that get done on a Saturday but I think this could be the start of something, we’ll see :)
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 23:34]
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 10:28 - Dec 31 with 1921 viewsJuzzie

He wants to go again so it looks like we’ll go tomorrow as we can do that one.

It looks like an R is born.
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 10:39 - Dec 31 with 1902 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 10:28 - Dec 31 by Juzzie

He wants to go again so it looks like we’ll go tomorrow as we can do that one.

It looks like an R is born.

Great news.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 11:30 - Dec 31 with 1852 viewsfrancisbowles

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 10:39 - Dec 31 by BrianMcCarthy

Great news.

Yeah, we are just waiting for the three kings to turn up bearing gifts.
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 16:12 - Dec 31 with 1744 viewsSouthamptonsuperhoop

My eldest's first game was a friendly v Celtic 2002 (lost 3-7) and then didn't see us win for over three seasons (maybe i chose the wrong games?!), he's been going over 15 years now and loves every minute win,lose or draw. Often asks why I inflicted QPR on him though :)
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 18:03 - Dec 31 with 1672 viewsJuzzie

Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 11:30 - Dec 31 by francisbowles

Yeah, we are just waiting for the three kings to turn up bearing gifts.

I’ll just be happy with three points turning up!

[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 18:13]
Took my 5 year old boy to his first game today on 18:19 - Jan 1 with 1391 viewsJuzzie

We both went again today. Missed the first goal as he had to go to the toilet but what a treat thereafter. He watched the whole 90 mins and really got into it the more the game went on. Scoring six goals helps though now I have to explain that doesn’t happen every game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024