Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS 09:05 - Dec 31 with 8495 viewsNorthantsHoop

I hope we do not lose BOS in the January window, if the rumours are true he's not inclined to sign an extension. It might all be a negotiating tactic etc.. I really rate BOS he has been exceptional this season and at last his potential coming to fruition. Starting to tear sides apart down the wings. The end product is improving as well.
BOS on 09:27 - Dec 31 with 4760 viewsjonno

No doubt, his "agent" will be telling him not to sign anything, while the agent tries to get some sort of a deal with another club on more money.
BOS on 09:31 - Dec 31 with 4758 viewsbosh67

Both BOS and Manning have rejected extension deals so far. It's not unusual at this stage. I suspect once we are safe this season it may well change. I also think they may be waiting to make sure that Warburton stays.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BOS on 10:11 - Dec 31 with 4663 viewsstainrods_elbow

BOS on 09:31 - Dec 31 by bosh67

Both BOS and Manning have rejected extension deals so far. It's not unusual at this stage. I suspect once we are safe this season it may well change. I also think they may be waiting to make sure that Warburton stays.

Possibly, but that's no more than speculation, surely?

QPR has been good for both Manning and Bright, and they are players who should be looking to kick on with us this season and next imo. If they're dragging their heels contractually, that's not good for the club, and while I'd feel disappointed to see either of them leave, Hoos makes it clear on a daily basis that our purse strings are not going to be loosened any time soon (and if that means selling a goalkeeper who didn't want to leave to ensure we surrender many more points during the season, so be it), so I guess that leaves little wriggle room on either side.

That said, if we sold two or more of Eze, Manning and Bright in January, especially given our craven negotiating history, I'd say that would be a signal from the club that they're prepared to tolerate a relegation battle. In that event, if I were Warburton, I'd be considering my position. Let's hope we don't and he won't be! It's abundantly clear, as I was saying months ago (and told by some I was some kind of hysteric), that we need a new spine - a goalkeeper, a centre back, a midfield Derry II and a poacher-striker - so I hope Les pulls his finger out, and supports the manager.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

BOS on 11:29 - Dec 31 with 4527 viewsbosh67

BOS on 10:11 - Dec 31 by stainrods_elbow

QPR has been good for both Manning and Bright, and they are players who should be looking to kick on with us this season and next imo. If they're dragging their heels contractually, that's not good for the club, and while I'd feel disappointed to see either of them leave, Hoos makes it clear on a daily basis that our purse strings are not going to be loosened any time soon (and if that means selling a goalkeeper who didn't want to leave to ensure we surrender many more points during the season, so be it), so I guess that leaves little wriggle room on either side.

That said, if we sold two or more of Eze, Manning and Bright in January, especially given our craven negotiating history, I'd say that would be a signal from the club that they're prepared to tolerate a relegation battle. In that event, if I were Warburton, I'd be considering my position. Let's hope we don't and he won't be! It's abundantly clear, as I was saying months ago (and told by some I was some kind of hysteric), that we need a new spine - a goalkeeper, a centre back, a midfield Derry II and a poacher-striker - so I hope Les pulls his finger out, and supports the manager.

Good post. The spine does need to be right for Warburton to really have a long term chance here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BOS on 11:58 - Dec 31 with 4474 viewsdaveB

The club have an option to extend for another year so if he doesn't sign we can just extend it anyway. In all likelihood he will sign for another year eventually as will Manning
BOS on 12:13 - Dec 31 with 4431 viewsrsonist

We've only been good for Manning this season and it's just starting to come together for BOS now (though he still gets dropped occasionally). That's not because of years of steady cultivation either, just that the right manager has happened come through the revolving door. As they're both effectively contracted until 2021 I'd say they were perfectly entitled to consider their options for a while longer yet.

Otherwise every player has their price and the only thing accepting the right bid would be a signal of is that we're not prepared to tank the club again on an all-out promotion bid. In the deeply unlikely event we get absolute top dollar bids for all our assets in one window, so be it. Warburton is well aware of that, and nor is he yet to have anything other than full support from Les and co.
BOS on 13:28 - Dec 31 with 4310 viewsstainrods_elbow

BOS on 12:13 - Dec 31 by rsonist

We've only been good for Manning this season and it's just starting to come together for BOS now (though he still gets dropped occasionally). That's not because of years of steady cultivation either, just that the right manager has happened come through the revolving door. As they're both effectively contracted until 2021 I'd say they were perfectly entitled to consider their options for a while longer yet.

Otherwise every player has their price and the only thing accepting the right bid would be a signal of is that we're not prepared to tank the club again on an all-out promotion bid. In the deeply unlikely event we get absolute top dollar bids for all our assets in one window, so be it. Warburton is well aware of that, and nor is he yet to have anything other than full support from Les and co.

Some will agree, I wearily suppose, but why do I feel your post reads more like that of a company accountant rather than a fan? If you think asset stripping the club in one fell swoop in January is the way forward, I feel sorry for you - you sound like Richard Thompson! Unfortunately, neoliberalism is a pernicious flower, and these days it gives some people licence to tout this kind of tosh as if it were footballing fate.

More soberly, it depends on what we all mean by 'supporting the manager'. For me, even if this has to be sprinkled by a degree of fiscal realism in the current FFP/self-inflicted QPR climate, it means helping him cultivate a squad that gives him a chance to succeed, rather than pulling the rug from under his feet at every opportunity. Between 'tanking the club' and the no alternative mantra of 'every player has his price' austerity (to the point where Hoos has more or less said he loves the idea of us being known as a 'selling club', because it means we're liquidating assets), there are many interstices. For example, a number of posters (myself included) argue that, if we still had Smithies between the sticks, we would likely be pushing strongly now for a playoff position going into 2020, with all the knock-on benefits that carries from supporter lift, giving younger supporters players to identify with, and retaining your assets/attracting players to come and play for you. That's how you crete virtuous circles in any form of business - surround yourself with passion, talent and vision, cultivate it, and work from there. It's also very easy to create vicious circles if you're a fiscal philistine and don't understand football clubs, only football numbers. As I say, if we lost Eze, Bright and Manning in this window, or even just one/two of them, I'd say this season would instantly become a lot more about staying up.

Unfortunately, some people think of football as a business first and a passion/ entertainment second. They don't understand fans, don't understand football, and are necesary evils at best - to be tolerated (to a point), but not loved.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 13:35]

BOS on 13:30 - Dec 31 with 4302 viewssmegma

I never listen to rumours.
Login to get fewer ads

BOS on 13:51 - Dec 31 with 4267 viewsenfieldargh

BOS on 13:30 - Dec 31 by smegma

I never listen to rumours.

you should , its one of the best albums ever made

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

BOS on 14:18 - Dec 31 with 4214 viewsMatch82

This is impressive levels of paranoia. You have managed to imply that we might sell Osayi Samuel, Manning, and Eze, on the cheap, then the manager will leave, then we could be at risk of relegation. All in two paragraphs. Then thrown an "I told you so" in there as well. Top work.
BOS on 15:07 - Dec 31 with 4138 viewsrsonist

BOS on 13:28 - Dec 31 by stainrods_elbow

Some will agree, I wearily suppose, but why do I feel your post reads more like that of a company accountant rather than a fan? If you think asset stripping the club in one fell swoop in January is the way forward, I feel sorry for you - you sound like Richard Thompson! Unfortunately, neoliberalism is a pernicious flower, and these days it gives some people licence to tout this kind of tosh as if it were footballing fate.

More soberly, it depends on what we all mean by 'supporting the manager'. For me, even if this has to be sprinkled by a degree of fiscal realism in the current FFP/self-inflicted QPR climate, it means helping him cultivate a squad that gives him a chance to succeed, rather than pulling the rug from under his feet at every opportunity. Between 'tanking the club' and the no alternative mantra of 'every player has his price' austerity (to the point where Hoos has more or less said he loves the idea of us being known as a 'selling club', because it means we're liquidating assets), there are many interstices. For example, a number of posters (myself included) argue that, if we still had Smithies between the sticks, we would likely be pushing strongly now for a playoff position going into 2020, with all the knock-on benefits that carries from supporter lift, giving younger supporters players to identify with, and retaining your assets/attracting players to come and play for you. That's how you crete virtuous circles in any form of business - surround yourself with passion, talent and vision, cultivate it, and work from there. It's also very easy to create vicious circles if you're a fiscal philistine and don't understand football clubs, only football numbers. As I say, if we lost Eze, Bright and Manning in this window, or even just one/two of them, I'd say this season would instantly become a lot more about staying up.

Unfortunately, some people think of football as a business first and a passion/ entertainment second. They don't understand fans, don't understand football, and are necesary evils at best - to be tolerated (to a point), but not loved.

Usual straw-manning bloviation from you. Wheeling and dealing within and with a view to increasing our means is neither asset-stripping nor necessarily acquiescing to being uncompetitive, providing we're set up to repeat the trick. Flounce all you like but accruing debt and holding players hostage is a growth strategy a child would baulk at.
BOS on 15:22 - Dec 31 with 4095 viewskensalriser

"If we hadn't sold Smithies..."

Yeah, and if we hadn't sold Charlie Austin and Luke Freeman and Darnell Furlong and fck knows who else we'd probably be top. What exactly is the point here?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BOS on 15:32 - Dec 31 with 4073 viewsTheChef

BOS on 15:22 - Dec 31 by kensalriser

"If we hadn't sold Smithies..."

Yeah, and if we hadn't sold Charlie Austin and Luke Freeman and Darnell Furlong and fck knows who else we'd probably be top. What exactly is the point here?

We're gonna need a bigger IF.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

BOS on 15:39 - Dec 31 with 4059 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-duo-reject-initial-offers-but-look-likel

According to Dave Mc both BOS and Manning "look likely to eventually sign new deals".
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 15:41]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS on 15:42 - Dec 31 with 4039 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If we had kept Smithies we'd have failed FFP by now.

BOS on 16:12 - Dec 31 with 3974 viewsNorthantsHoop

BOS on 13:51 - Dec 31 by enfieldargh

you should , its one of the best albums ever made

A cracking album. Hopefully all this BOS transfer stuff is "Second Hand News" and send it down the bog by pulling " The Chain" on it.
BOS on 19:05 - Dec 31 with 3791 viewsGroveR

BOS on 16:12 - Dec 31 by NorthantsHoop

A cracking album. Hopefully all this BOS transfer stuff is "Second Hand News" and send it down the bog by pulling " The Chain" on it.

I'd say it's all Little Lies.
BOS on 19:13 - Dec 31 with 3777 viewsdaveB

BOS on 15:42 - Dec 31 by BrianMcCarthy

If we had kept him he'd have left on a free a year later, same with Austin
BOS on 19:21 - Dec 31 with 3766 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS on 19:13 - Dec 31 by daveB

If we had kept him he'd have left on a free a year later, same with Austin

That, too.

BOS on 19:51 - Dec 31 with 3716 viewsstainrods_elbow

BOS on 15:07 - Dec 31 by rsonist

Usual straw-manning bloviation from you. Wheeling and dealing within and with a view to increasing our means is neither asset-stripping nor necessarily acquiescing to being uncompetitive, providing we're set up to repeat the trick. Flounce all you like but accruing debt and holding players hostage is a growth strategy a child would baulk at.

O try reading my post properly, rather than straw-manning me, you imbecile! Then wake me up when you've managed it.

Next . . .

BOS on 20:39 - Dec 31 with 3641 viewsdanehoop

BOS on 19:51 - Dec 31 by stainrods_elbow

O try reading my post properly, rather than straw-manning me, you imbecile! Then wake me up when you've managed it.

Next . . .

Sorry, I agree with the person that you called an imbecile for exposing the weakness of your argument.

Never knowingly understood

BOS on 22:06 - Dec 31 with 3546 viewsThe_Seer

If they don't want to extend their contracts then cash in. We can't risk losing saleable assets on a free.
BOS on 10:28 - Jan 1 with 3289 viewsDavieQPR

Still think at the moment BOS is just an athlete with boots on. End product is still terrible. If he moved it would be sideways or as a bench warmer somewhere.
BOS on 11:05 - Jan 1 with 3238 views18StoneOfHoop

BOS on 13:28 - Dec 31 by stainrods_elbow

I love a mixed metaphore I does
~ let's try piranhas and Doc Martins this time ~ and
amongst the feeding frenzy booting carnage you've brought on your head
from our dear fellow posters and THE VOICE OF REASON ~ (C) DAVE BARTON
I agree with some of your arguments stainrod's_elbow
~ you're more cavalier than roundhead ~
However I'm more interested in your style rather than your content
'interstices' if you please,indeed?!!
Is this The Sorbonne or Loftus Road?
Which uni did you go to and wot was your degree in? Sociology?
There will be some 'outliers' along in a minute if this sort of thing carries on.
'Crete vicious circles'? Nice reference to the Minotaur and the labyrinth maze.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 11:33]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

BOS on 11:48 - Jan 1 with 3155 viewsdistortR

BOS on 15:42 - Dec 31 by BrianMcCarthy

the difficulty in failing ffp is that there appears to be no guidelines as to what punishment you will receive, in order for clubs to work out the risks of non-compliance.

will it be the ffp punishment imposed on blackburn, effectively relegating them?
will it be the ffp punishment imposed on QPR, financially hindering us for a decade?
will it be the slap on the wrist imposed on Birmingham?
will it be the 'turn the other cheek' allowing derby to, well, theoretically at least, thrive?

maybe we could take a leaf out of derbys book re: the rooney deal, and get a wholesome industry to sponsor smithie's return?

the tobacco industry? smoking smithies
the saudi tourist industry? smithie's at a stoning? Alas, aj got there before us.

fck it.

happy new year!!!!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 15:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024