Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread 14:01 - Jan 1 with 23716 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:02 - Jan 1 with 3960 viewsNov77

Cameron right back, Wallace left back and Lumley keeps his place.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:03 - Jan 1 with 3948 viewsAntti_Heinola

No way Cameron is right back. Think Dom Ball will be playing there.

Bare bones.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:04 - Jan 1 with 3929 viewsdavman

Blimey. Joe keeps his place, Ball at right back with Kane on the Bench. Manning dropped.

Strange one really. Feels a bit of a tombola...

I feel a shoe in coming on...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:06 - Jan 1 with 3896 viewsWatfordR

Lumley owes his manager - and the rest of us - a big performance
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:08 - Jan 1 with 3854 viewsNov77

So is warburton blaming manning for not preventing that cross rather than Lumley who dropped it?

Strange one.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:09 - Jan 1 with 3854 viewsstevec

Christ on a bike
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:11 - Jan 1 with 3813 viewsJAPRANGERS

Think most people expected to see Kelly back. Lumley has 9 lives it seems.
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:15 - Jan 1 with 3792 viewsHastings_Hoops

I think we could deduce from this that manning is leaving.
Login to get fewer ads

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:16 - Jan 1 with 3775 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:15 - Jan 1 by Hastings_Hoops

I think we could deduce from this that manning is leaving.

Not really. Manning has played pretty much every minute of every game this season - it was inevitable he'd be rested at some point over Christmas. The bigger surprise is that Eze hasn't been rested - but he will undoubtedly miss the cup game next week i suppose.

Bare bones.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:16 - Jan 1 with 3773 viewsactonman

Manning is no way the same player that started the season. Caught out of position constantly and his crossing rarely beats the first man .
Maybe I’m being harsh but he needs to up his game as he was excellent for the first part of the season
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:17 - Jan 1 with 3771 viewsstainrods_elbow

Defensively, that little line-up doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. But then, would any permutation of our porous backline manage that right now?

Lumley, for one, need to do some of that anger-channelling Warbs has been on about of late, ram the criticism down our throats, and show us there's a defiant keeper in there who's fit for purpose. Another game-changing howler or two from him this afternoon, and he has to be taken out (I don't mean assassinated). With the run we're been on, and the run they have, a terse 0-0 would be a result for us today in our book. (We don't do 0-0s, of course.)

4-2 to the Bluebirds it is then, with Hoilett as MoM and MW's increasingly mournful post-match demeanour to plumb new depths of repetitive melancholy!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:18 - Jan 1 with 3762 viewsMatch82

Seems to me like a team determined not to lose. Love Manning, think we are a better team overall with him in, he's been one of our best players this year, but he's been a liability at times at the back. As with Kane.

This feels a bit like going for the nil nil and hoping Eze or Chair can spark something from nothing to sneak a win
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:19 - Jan 1 with 3738 viewsMelakaRanger

I can't believe that Lumley has kept his place.

I really hope that Lumley is without a single error & the defence works today. Plus the strike force needs to score a few.

But on recent form we will need to score at least 3 to win, maybe more

Another defeat as I can see a number of fans calling for blood.
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:20 - Jan 1 with 3728 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:18 - Jan 1 by Match82

Seems to me like a team determined not to lose. Love Manning, think we are a better team overall with him in, he's been one of our best players this year, but he's been a liability at times at the back. As with Kane.

This feels a bit like going for the nil nil and hoping Eze or Chair can spark something from nothing to sneak a win

A remarkable day when playing Eze, BOS, Chair and Wells in the same side is 'going for a 0-0'.

Bare bones.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:21 - Jan 1 with 3716 viewsJAPRANGERS

0-2
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:24 - Jan 1 with 3692 viewsMatch82

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:20 - Jan 1 by Antti_Heinola

A remarkable day when playing Eze, BOS, Chair and Wells in the same side is 'going for a 0-0'.

You've got 5 defense first players in there plus the keeper. That's more than we have had in any game this season. Maybe I should have phrased as "making clean sheet a priority"
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:25 - Jan 1 with 3685 viewsjonno

Agree. Kane is alarmingly slow for a fullback and Manning doesn't appear to know how to close down a cross. I would take 0-0 now.
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:27 - Jan 1 with 3660 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:25 - Jan 1 by jonno

Agree. Kane is alarmingly slow for a fullback and Manning doesn't appear to know how to close down a cross. I would take 0-0 now.

Unfortunately, we have to play the game first! ;-)

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:27 - Jan 1 with 3659 viewsRs_Holy

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:21 - Jan 1 by JAPRANGERS

0-2

That’s a bit pessimistic mate!... I’ll go for 1-2 again
Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:30 - Jan 1 with 3623 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:24 - Jan 1 by Match82

You've got 5 defense first players in there plus the keeper. That's more than we have had in any game this season. Maybe I should have phrased as "making clean sheet a priority"

We've played 4 at the back with Cameron in front of them loads of times this season mate? This is pretty much the sort of team we've been playing every week for a while isn't it?

Bare bones.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:31 - Jan 1 with 3612 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:20 - Jan 1 by Antti_Heinola

That's a winger, a playmaker/no. 10/midfielder, another midfielder, and a single (out of form) striker by my reckoning. It's not negative, I grant you, but hardly gung-ho.

I still don't understand why, when so many of our goals conceded come through individual errors and/or failures to mark oppo players or track runners etc. that Warbs keeps talking about teamwork and 'working harder'. Am I missing something here, or does he just not do specifics?

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:32 - Jan 1 with 3612 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:25 - Jan 1 by jonno

Odd one this Jonno - I've not been hugely impressed with Kane, but the one single thing I would credit him with is having pace - he's quite quick - it's his positioning that gets him into trouble. His bursts down the wings rely heavily on him being quicker than most full backs in the division.

Bare bones.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:35 - Jan 1 with 3574 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, this could be interesting....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:38 - Jan 1 with 3550 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:31 - Jan 1 by stainrods_elbow

That's a winger, a playmaker/no. 10/midfielder, another midfielder, and a single (out of form) striker by my reckoning. It's not negative, I grant you, but hardly gung-ho.

I still don't understand why, when so many of our goals conceded come through individual errors and/or failures to mark oppo players or track runners etc. that Warbs keeps talking about teamwork and 'working harder'. Am I missing something here, or does he just not do specifics?

'That's a winger, a playmaker/no. 10/midfielder, another midfielder, and a single (out of form) striker by my reckoning. It's not negative, I grant you, but hardly gung-ho.'

Thanks, that's what I was saying. Not sure where I said it was gung-ho, or where anyone said we should be gung-ho - although MW's instinct is attack first.

Bare bones.

Yaki Da - it’s the Cardiff match thread on 14:45 - Jan 1 with 3479 viewsplasmahoop

3 1 win today. Its gonna click
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024