Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaffer on today's win against Cardiff 18:21 - Jan 1 with 1099 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-delighted-with-showing-against

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on today's win against Cardiff on 19:30 - Jan 1 with 920 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Always good to listen to.

Thanks, Bosh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gaffer on today's win against Cardiff on 19:43 - Jan 1 with 851 viewsqueensparker

Mad to think that a draw at Reading and wins against Hull and Charlton - results we really should have got based on the games - and we’d be clear in sixth. Credit to the boss for getting us anywhere near that.

I hope we don’t look back at this year as a missed opportunity once this team breaks up. It’s a crazy league and still all to play for bar the top three.
Gaffer on today's win against Cardiff on 19:53 - Jan 1 with 789 viewsnix

Gaffer on today's win against Cardiff on 19:43 - Jan 1 by queensparker

Mad to think that a draw at Reading and wins against Hull and Charlton - results we really should have got based on the games - and we’d be clear in sixth. Credit to the boss for getting us anywhere near that.

I hope we don’t look back at this year as a missed opportunity once this team breaks up. It’s a crazy league and still all to play for bar the top three.

I don't think I'll consider it a missed opportunity. We're no way ready for the Prem. But we're watching some of our best football in years. Okay it's patchy and sometimes we're dire. When it all clicks, it's just fantastic.

Surely we can all see we're in a much better position as a club than three seasons ago. A better balanced squad, a better youth programme, a better manager, more entertaining football... I just wanted to see us continuing our policy of developing players and improving things off the field too. What we've done with Amos (and Eze and BOS) should mean that bigger clubs will be happy to loan us their better young prospects.

Brentford have been doing this for longer than us and Leicester City and Southampton before them. It's a longer term strategy but pays off in the end and is the only way that smaller clubs like us can progress under FFP.
Gaffer on today's win against Cardiff on 20:06 - Jan 1 with 737 viewsqueensparker

Gaffer on today's win against Cardiff on 19:53 - Jan 1 by nix

I don't think I'll consider it a missed opportunity. We're no way ready for the Prem. But we're watching some of our best football in years. Okay it's patchy and sometimes we're dire. When it all clicks, it's just fantastic.

Surely we can all see we're in a much better position as a club than three seasons ago. A better balanced squad, a better youth programme, a better manager, more entertaining football... I just wanted to see us continuing our policy of developing players and improving things off the field too. What we've done with Amos (and Eze and BOS) should mean that bigger clubs will be happy to loan us their better young prospects.

Brentford have been doing this for longer than us and Leicester City and Southampton before them. It's a longer term strategy but pays off in the end and is the only way that smaller clubs like us can progress under FFP.

Yeah, agree with all that. This squad is in no way ready for the Prem in any way, exactly like the last two times we went up, and we know what happened then.

But I still think we’re going to be waiting a long long time to see an attacking midfield like Eze, Bright and Chair again. Warbuton’s definitely lucked into having those three land in his lap, and they won’t be easy to replace.
Gaffer on today's win against Cardiff on 21:19 - Jan 1 with 617 viewsbosh67

Gaffer on today's win against Cardiff on 20:06 - Jan 1 by queensparker

Yeah, agree with all that. This squad is in no way ready for the Prem in any way, exactly like the last two times we went up, and we know what happened then.

But I still think we’re going to be waiting a long long time to see an attacking midfield like Eze, Bright and Chair again. Warbuton’s definitely lucked into having those three land in his lap, and they won’t be easy to replace.

We have Smyth and Owens at Wycombe this season and Shadipo to come through. All 3 are only 22 at the moment. Alfa is 20 and showing some very good signs. Eze's brother Chuma is a striker in the U18s and is only 17 this year.

There will be a lot coming through.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024