Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playoffs still a realistic aim? 07:40 - Jan 3 with 1832 viewsHooparoo

Personally, I reckon if we did go up it would be at least a year too early. We need to keep consolidating. That said, another Zamora moment would be bloody lovely wouldn’t it?

#dreamsarefree 🤓

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 08:06 - Jan 3 with 1790 viewsGloucs_R

No. To 10 is though.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 08:40 - Jan 3 with 1734 viewsdodge_stoke_r

At this stage. With prety much a whole half a season to go, anything is possible. And although it's all ifs and maybes, but IF we had had the Christmas that we had hoped for ie, beating Charlton and Hull. We would be sitting 7th. With so many games to go it's all tight margins and with a little more belief and a lot more consistency, who knows. As for it being a year to early. If we was to go on a run and make it, so be it.So long as we don't didn't go on a ridiculous spending were again and just bank the Premiership money, come down, regroup and go again stonger
Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 08:46 - Jan 3 with 1724 viewskingsburyR

It would be a disaster if we went up this year I reckon. (I cant see us finishing in the top 8!)

Young squad who are way to inconsistent and would get rimmed regularly by the big boys.

Given that and also being in the Prem is pure shite for us fans.

Happy for a solid season and we go again next year!

Random P.S. - cant believe Smithies is being kept out of the team by the other lad! I'd have him back tomorrow and give Lumley some more time to develop.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 08:50 - Jan 3 with 1718 viewsRs_Holy

we really are not far off having a team that can can challenge in this division.

Warbs knows the biggest weakness is central defense and I think (as he has sort of mentioned) we will be trying get a loaner in the Jan window.

If we could get a Prem quality defender for the rest of the season anything is poss!
Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 08:56 - Jan 3 with 1706 viewskingsburyR

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 08:50 - Jan 3 by Rs_Holy

we really are not far off having a team that can can challenge in this division.

Warbs knows the biggest weakness is central defense and I think (as he has sort of mentioned) we will be trying get a loaner in the Jan window.

If we could get a Prem quality defender for the rest of the season anything is poss!

But Monday Night football, Super Duper Sunday, Spectacular Saturday Evening Footie, Funky Friday extravaganza.....

The Prem is a complete ball ache!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 09:16 - Jan 3 with 1665 viewsRs_Holy

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 08:56 - Jan 3 by kingsburyR

But Monday Night football, Super Duper Sunday, Spectacular Saturday Evening Footie, Funky Friday extravaganza.....

The Prem is a complete ball ache!

Know exactly what you mean... the circus that is the Prem, saturation coverage, over analysis and bloody VAR... having to listen the bleed'n Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher all the time, arriving at Loftus Road knowing QPR will definitely lose, Its horrible isn't it!

Plus the Championship is almost perfect right now. Plenty of London derbies/other teams we genuinely have a proper rivalry with. & the added bonus of no plastic fans.

But ....that day out at Wemberley, winning in injury time (the worlds longest goal celebration), seeing my team lifting a trophy. God I'd love that again... gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!
Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 09:23 - Jan 3 with 1652 viewsstevec

Would be a nice change trying to finish best of the bottom half of the Prem rather than best of the bottom half of the Championship.

Manchester City or Reading under the lights? Hmm.
Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 09:25 - Jan 3 with 1649 viewskernowhoop

Teams play football matches to win them. If we win enough we could be in the frame for promotion. It is difficult enough managing any team, but, managing one without the objective of promotion or the play-offs is a recipe for sliding down to the other end of the table. So, we should always go for it. If, by some miracle, an amazing run of victories and a Zamora moment puts us in the Premier League, then we should have to manage that - just like other clubs have done.
Login to get fewer ads

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 09:33 - Jan 3 with 1628 viewsfrancisbowles

Six point gap after last night to the playoff zone. Tall order but not impossible.
If we keep our best players and strengthen the squad a little, we can have a go but about 12 teams, outside the top six at present, will be thinking the same. It is a mediocre division and teams will be taking points off each other, so a little run would make a huge difference.

That day out would be great and if we could pull it off, we wouldn't have to sell our best players, yet. Yes the next season would be a pain but the crock of gold would mean a chance to put the club on a much sounder financial footing.
Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 09:36 - Jan 3 with 1619 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm an optimist - but no chance we'll make the play-offs. Literally one game ago some people said we were in a relegation battle.

Bare bones.

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 09:39 - Jan 3 with 1613 viewsTacticalR

We just need to score 6 goals every game.

Air hostess clique

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 09:56 - Jan 3 with 1573 viewsNorthernr

Brentford A, Leeds H, Blackburn A. Never mind the play-offs, we're about a fortnight away from the annual "we're getting sucked into the relegation battle" thread starting on here, with all of its "must win games". The twitter wanted warnock to replace Warburton three days ago and will again in about 10 days time.
Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 10:10 - Jan 3 with 1543 viewsHooparoo

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 09:56 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Brentford A, Leeds H, Blackburn A. Never mind the play-offs, we're about a fortnight away from the annual "we're getting sucked into the relegation battle" thread starting on here, with all of its "must win games". The twitter wanted warnock to replace Warburton three days ago and will again in about 10 days time.

Ooh, come on Clive, let us dream for a while.

Mind you, you’re probably dead right though.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 10:27 - Jan 3 with 1497 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wouldn't want it for the world.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 10:30 - Jan 3 with 1487 viewswelwynranger

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 09:16 - Jan 3 by Rs_Holy

Know exactly what you mean... the circus that is the Prem, saturation coverage, over analysis and bloody VAR... having to listen the bleed'n Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher all the time, arriving at Loftus Road knowing QPR will definitely lose, Its horrible isn't it!

Plus the Championship is almost perfect right now. Plenty of London derbies/other teams we genuinely have a proper rivalry with. & the added bonus of no plastic fans.

But ....that day out at Wemberley, winning in injury time (the worlds longest goal celebration), seeing my team lifting a trophy. God I'd love that again... gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

That goal was 89mins and 40secs, not injury time. Just perfect time.

The goosebumps and a tear in the eye are there everytime I think of it . Like now.

Oh Bobby Zamora.
Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 10:53 - Jan 3 with 1432 viewsJuzzie

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 10:30 - Jan 3 by welwynranger

That goal was 89mins and 40secs, not injury time. Just perfect time.

The goosebumps and a tear in the eye are there everytime I think of it . Like now.

Oh Bobby Zamora.

I know it shouldn't but it annoys me that the commentary when Zamora scored went "....from the very brink of elimination....".

No we weren't, had it stayed 0-0 it would have been 30 mins extra time and then penalties if still all square.
Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 10:56 - Jan 3 with 1421 viewsjoe90

Playoffs still a realistic aim? Absolutely not. We won one game, that's it. It was good victory, don't get me wrong, but we need to aim for a top half finish which would be an improvement on last season.
Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 10:58 - Jan 3 with 1412 viewsgazza1

We could get there by accident......it’s a pretty below average championship this season.
Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 11:08 - Jan 3 with 1393 viewsWatfordR

Playoffs still a realistic aim? on 10:58 - Jan 3 by gazza1

We could get there by accident......it’s a pretty below average championship this season.

Whether going up would be good or bad is up for argument. Personally anything that allowed us to keep the likes of Eze, Chair, BOS, Manning et al would be great in my view. As to whether playoffs are possible, I’d point to Millwall being in the top six after the New Years Day games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024