Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? 16:34 - Jan 5 with 2947 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Definitely had something when he first started getting a game or two but no signs of what a player he might become. Then all of a sudden becoming a force of nature where he just became unplayable.

Not saying Bright is anywhere near that yet, but showing his game is developing fast, very fast.
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:44 - Jan 5 with 1984 viewsMedwayR

BOS always had potential but lacked end product. He's producing that now and his confidence is through the roof at the moment, the scary thing is that he can still get so much better.

Poll: Who’s better?

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:47 - Jan 5 with 1951 viewsDejR_vu

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:44 - Jan 5 by MedwayR

BOS always had potential but lacked end product. He's producing that now and his confidence is through the roof at the moment, the scary thing is that he can still get so much better.

Given what he’s producing at the moment I think MW deserves a lot of credit for the way he’s managed him and his game time. He looks pretty much unplayable at the moment.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:50 - Jan 5 with 1922 viewsDWQPR

Have said it for a good while now that playing up front with his pace he would destroy centre backs with his pace, the finishing is now coming and just needs to learn how to head a ball.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:51 - Jan 5 with 1905 views00calben

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:47 - Jan 5 by DejR_vu

Given what he’s producing at the moment I think MW deserves a lot of credit for the way he’s managed him and his game time. He looks pretty much unplayable at the moment.

Correct. This is down to the coaching staff who deserve immense credit.

Hopefully the moronic element of our fan base realise things like this, the next time we lose a couple of games
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:56 - Jan 5 with 1874 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My stats on BOS today:-

1 Goal
1 Assist (for his own goal)
2 key passes
3 runs
1 shot saved
1 wide
1 penalty appeal rejected
2 turnovers

Not the worst.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:56 - Jan 5 with 1873 viewsNov77

The improvement is definite but I never understand why fans have to exaggerate to make a point.
Les was playing top flight against the very best in the business, he also went on to play for England.
So far BOS has had a few good games against bog standard championship sides.

Long, long way to go but so far encouraging evidence of improvement.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 17:02]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:00 - Jan 5 with 1849 viewsT_Block

Yes Samuel really reminds me of Ferdinand.Totally agree.
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:08 - Jan 5 with 1806 viewsrunningman75

I remember Blackpool fans going on about him when he was on loan there. He has potential and good that he is scoring goals now.
Login to get fewer ads

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:19 - Jan 5 with 1743 viewsconnell10

I think this boy like Eze will be playing premier league football in the next few years.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:24 - Jan 5 with 1714 viewsLazyFan

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:08 - Jan 5 by runningman75

I remember Blackpool fans going on about him when he was on loan there. He has potential and good that he is scoring goals now.

He was not on loan at Blackpool.
He started there and we bought him under Holloway.

Warbs has said he has never had a football academy education hence he is great but still needs help to learn a few things more.

He is more like Andy Sinton for me, except Sinton could do it with both feet and was faster. And an amazing crosser of the ball. But BOS is getting there. If he keeps going he will be a Prem player for sure.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:35 - Jan 5 with 1675 viewsHAYESBOY

BOS reminds me of Tricky running at players.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:36 - Jan 5 with 1675 viewssmegma

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:56 - Jan 5 by BrianMcCarthy

1 Goal
2 key passes
3 runs
1 shot saved
1 wide
2 turnovers

Not the worst.

But apart from that WHAT did he do today eh ??
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:39 - Jan 5 with 1652 viewsAntti_Heinola

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:56 - Jan 5 by BrianMcCarthy

1 Goal
2 key passes
3 runs
1 shot saved
1 wide
2 turnovers

Not the worst.

No end product again then?

Bare bones.

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:42 - Jan 5 with 1644 viewsMatch82

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:24 - Jan 5 by LazyFan

He was not on loan at Blackpool.
He started there and we bought him under Holloway.

Warbs has said he has never had a football academy education hence he is great but still needs help to learn a few things more.

He is more like Andy Sinton for me, except Sinton could do it with both feet and was faster. And an amazing crosser of the ball. But BOS is getting there. If he keeps going he will be a Prem player for sure.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Can't remember the last time I saw a winger just bully fullbacks consistently with that much strength. Add that to the speed and it's just a brutal combination
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:44 - Jan 5 with 1633 viewspaulparker

Great comparison from the OP as it took Les around four years to get going, BOS is a lot like impey imo but with a better end product, I actually think we will do well to keep hold of him this month
People can and have slagged off Holloway but him and penrice did us a right turn in signing BOS & Freeman

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:45 - Jan 5 with 1631 viewssmegma

To answer the original question, Les wasn't that good at this stage of his career. So the world is his oyster in regards to his future.
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 18:00 - Jan 5 with 1584 viewsBostonR

Walked away from the ground with my mates and we all agreed that the club could easily get a combined £60M fee for Eze, Chair and BOS over the next 12 months. Chair and BOS were unplayable at times today.
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 18:02 - Jan 5 with 1577 viewsDylanP

No. Doesn't remind me of Sir Les at all. Very different sort of player, really. Both are great and both score goals. That is where the comparison ends. BOS is an attacking winger. Sir Les was an out-and-out striker. Just very different. Also, when Sir Les became a QPR regular he already had a lot of football under his belt. BOS started getting games for us very early in his football career. So different style of play and different career development.

Sir Les is one of my favourite player all time. BOS is one of my favourtie player in the squad at the moment. So, there is that similarity.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 18:06 - Jan 5 with 1548 viewsBoston

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:19 - Jan 5 by connell10

I think this boy like Eze will be playing premier league football in the next few years.

There's Connell going all cheery on us predicting promotion

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 18:23 - Jan 5 with 1507 viewsGroveR

The scorching he gave to Colin for his goal away at Birmingham was unreal but I felt mitigated by Colin not wanting to get a second yellow and maybe a bit of a one-off.

Only he's doing it now consistently against every player he's going up against. Must be terrifying for full-backs trying to work out how to stop him legally. He's got the build that suggests he can throw a right-hander like Impey too.
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 18:37 - Jan 5 with 1444 viewskernowhoop

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:45 - Jan 5 by smegma

To answer the original question, Les wasn't that good at this stage of his career. So the world is his oyster in regards to his future.

Smegma, you might be right. I took a Liverpool-supporting friend to see QPR v Liverpool before Les was established in the first team. 'Who's that chap? He looks really good' asked my friend. 'It's Les Ferdinand. He could be really good if he were not so laid back' I replied.
I think that Gerry Francis sorted Sir Les out and it looks like Mark Warburton has done a great job with BOS.
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 19:05 - Jan 5 with 1329 viewsGroveR

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 18:37 - Jan 5 by kernowhoop

Smegma, you might be right. I took a Liverpool-supporting friend to see QPR v Liverpool before Les was established in the first team. 'Who's that chap? He looks really good' asked my friend. 'It's Les Ferdinand. He could be really good if he were not so laid back' I replied.
I think that Gerry Francis sorted Sir Les out and it looks like Mark Warburton has done a great job with BOS.

I'd say Ray Wilkins probably had as much effect on Les's career as Gerry, if not more.
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 19:08 - Jan 5 with 1317 viewsplasmahoop

BOS was fantastic again today, as we're many others. I was a bit sad he went off, but shodipo was good too. Would be good if he can get some game time soon.
Overall a smashing day. Few pints at the con Ingham, great game, some more at the crown and sceptre, and back to work tomorrow sadly. But a great day
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 19:20 - Jan 5 with 1289 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 16:50 - Jan 5 by DWQPR

Have said it for a good while now that playing up front with his pace he would destroy centre backs with his pace, the finishing is now coming and just needs to learn how to head a ball.

I've never seen BOS head a football. Sir Les was breathtaking in the air. Breathtaking. I've never seen anything like it.

Where I've seen similarities between the two is the runs along the opposition defence line and then bursting forwards into space.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 19:22 - Jan 5 with 1277 viewsloftboy

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 19:05 - Jan 5 by GroveR

I'd say Ray Wilkins probably had as much effect on Les's career as Gerry, if not more.

It was Don Howe that got Les going, scored a brace again the the scum and kicked on from there.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024