Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? 16:34 - Jan 5 with 2987 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Definitely had something when he first started getting a game or two but no signs of what a player he might become. Then all of a sudden becoming a force of nature where he just became unplayable.

Not saying Bright is anywhere near that yet, but showing his game is developing fast, very fast.
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 19:32 - Jan 5 with 923 viewsbosh67

Although he plays a slightly different position his pace, power and now goal scoring prowess reminds me a bit of when Fernando Torres played for Liverpool.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 19:37 - Jan 5 with 902 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 17:39 - Jan 5 by Antti_Heinola

No end product again then?

I think he has a long way to go, to be honest.

He played well today but he still wasted possession quite a few times.

I would think that he's at least a year behind Eze and Chair in terms of development. Whether he reaches their level or not is far from a given. Naturally, we all hope he does but it's important that he's given space to breathe too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 19:41 - Jan 5 with 888 viewsCamberleyR

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 18:37 - Jan 5 by kernowhoop

Smegma, you might be right. I took a Liverpool-supporting friend to see QPR v Liverpool before Les was established in the first team. 'Who's that chap? He looks really good' asked my friend. 'It's Les Ferdinand. He could be really good if he were not so laid back' I replied.
I think that Gerry Francis sorted Sir Les out and it looks like Mark Warburton has done a great job with BOS.

I'm not so sure Gerry fancied Les as a player much when he first took over. He started that first season with Les up front but quite soon Garry Thompson was lumbering about up front for a good while. He didn't really get a consistent starting place again until the last dozen games or so where he then started to regularly find the net and the rest was history.

I think Don Howe the previous season deserves credit for being the first to really show faith in him and giving him a regular run in the team especially in the second half of that season. I also agree that Ray Wilkins had a massive influence on Les's development as a player.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 22:28]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 21:02 - Jan 5 with 803 viewsGroveR

Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 19:22 - Jan 5 by loftboy

It was Don Howe that got Les going, scored a brace again the the scum and kicked on from there.

Yeah, he got him involved and saw the potential, but Ray nurtured it on the pitch. Read any Interview by either Les or Ray and it's as clear as day - one in particular is on this site where Ray says (and I'm paraphrasing) "there's a time you'd say 'unlucky Les' until you start saying 'that's a bad miss Les'..."

I'd crawl a mile over hot coals and wànk over a picture of John Terry in front of the Loft to have a player like Ray Wilkins involved at Rangers again.
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 12:26 - Jan 7 with 671 viewsrsonist

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-star-says-he-would-love-to-stay-and-prai

“When I get into dangerous areas it’s that composure. I feel like before I didn’t have that composure and was rushing things, but now I feel more calm and relaxed.”
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 12:56 - Jan 7 with 654 viewsqueensparker

It's a good comparison in terms of upper body strength - BOS seems like Les in that recently he can now hold up a ball and fend off two defenders every time in some really tight situations. Add that to the ability to turn and run like the clappers, that's very Les too.

But Les could also jump and head the ball like nobody else I've ever seen play in my life. That's not an exaggeration - he was absolutely phenomenal in the air. He also had a thundering shot from distance.

My memories of Les' transformation was he was an early example of a loan really sorting him out. When he left for Turkey for a year nobody was that bothered if he came back and we all kind of forgot about him.

When he came back he was an absolute f--king beast.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 13:00]
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 12:59 - Jan 7 with 647 viewsrsonist

Pretty sure at no point did the OP intend to compare BOS and Les directly in terms of the way they play.
Does BOS's development remind anyone else of Sir Les? on 13:10 - Jan 7 with 623 viewsdaveB

He reminds me a lot of Andrew Impey similar as well in taking time to develop and get the end product, I think he can go on and be a better player than Impey if he keeps this up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024