Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back-to-back hammerings? 20:58 - Jan 5 with 3344 viewsloftus77

Unless I'm forgetting something obvious, I can't think of a time we dished out 2 tonkings in a row like this?

Off the top of my head, I recall us following a 4-0 at home to Rotherham with a 5-1 hammering of Charlton at LR in the promotion season 1982-83.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:02 - Jan 5 with 3316 viewsDWQPR

The ‘Magilton Month’ when we were considering changing our name to Queens Park Rangers Four?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:07 - Jan 5 with 3296 viewsloftus77

Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:02 - Jan 5 by DWQPR

The ‘Magilton Month’ when we were considering changing our name to Queens Park Rangers Four?

Ah yes - good shout. Lets hope for '3 in a row' this time round....
Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:11 - Jan 5 with 3258 viewssmegma

As per the excellent QPRretro face book page, in May 82 we beat Bolton 7-1 at home followed by Newcastle 4-0 away. There's no record of fans complaining about conceding a goal. In fact I'll swear no one did as back then fans only thought positively.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:13 - Jan 5 with 3242 viewsDWQPR

Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:11 - Jan 5 by smegma

As per the excellent QPRretro face book page, in May 82 we beat Bolton 7-1 at home followed by Newcastle 4-0 away. There's no record of fans complaining about conceding a goal. In fact I'll swear no one did as back then fans only thought positively.

That’s because there was no inter web and the team were on the verge of being the second best team in our history.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:33 - Jan 5 with 3157 viewssmegma

Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:13 - Jan 5 by DWQPR

That’s because there was no inter web and the team were on the verge of being the second best team in our history.

If we won the Champions League we'd have lemons on here complaining
Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:43 - Jan 5 with 3096 viewsTonto

QPR 11 - Wales 2

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:46 - Jan 5 with 3074 viewsGloryHunter

My first season, 1967-68. We beat Rotherham 6-0 and then Plymouth 4-0 (I think - might have been 4-1) in consecutive home games. That's why I've been coming ever since.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 22:03 - Jan 5 with 2999 viewsPeterHucker

That 4-0 v Rotherham was my first ever match at Loftus Road.
Login to get fewer ads

Back-to-back hammerings? on 22:24 - Jan 5 with 2908 viewsCamberleyR

It's the first time since 1962 we've scored 5+ goals in consecutive games in all competitions.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Back-to-back hammerings? on 22:42 - Jan 5 with 2846 viewsGloryHunter

Back-to-back hammerings? on 22:03 - Jan 5 by PeterHucker

That 4-0 v Rotherham was my first ever match at Loftus Road.

Apologies, it was 4-1 against Plymouth on 30th December 1967 and then 6-0 against Rotherham on 6th January 1968 (thank you Mr Google). Next game was 2-0 home against Preston (might have been some bad weather postponements in between). Heady days.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 22:44 - Jan 5 with 2836 viewskensalriser

Back-to-back hammerings? on 22:24 - Jan 5 by CamberleyR

It's the first time since 1962 we've scored 5+ goals in consecutive games in all competitions.

Slightly tangentially, there was a documentary on the Fast Show on the other night (an old one going on how relatively youthful they all looked) in which Paul Whitehouse named Alec Stock as the inspiration for Ron Manager.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Back-to-back hammerings? on 04:17 - Jan 6 with 2636 viewsstowmarketrange

Didn’t we score consecutive hat tricks against forest and Everton one Easter in the early 90’s?
And those eastern Sw6 scum conceded 10 goals to nil over Easter in 1986.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 04:51 - Jan 6 with 2613 viewsflynnbo

Back-to-back hammerings? on 22:42 - Jan 5 by GloryHunter

Apologies, it was 4-1 against Plymouth on 30th December 1967 and then 6-0 against Rotherham on 6th January 1968 (thank you Mr Google). Next game was 2-0 home against Preston (might have been some bad weather postponements in between). Heady days.

The Rotherham 6-0 was my first ever game; got the programme off eBay a couple of years ago.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 07:59 - Jan 6 with 2486 views1MoreBrightonR

Back-to-back hammerings? on 04:17 - Jan 6 by stowmarketrange

Didn’t we score consecutive hat tricks against forest and Everton one Easter in the early 90’s?
And those eastern Sw6 scum conceded 10 goals to nil over Easter in 1986.

Was thinking the same..... Sir les had a run of hat tricks but think we 'only' got 4 in one of those games, not 5.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 08:47 - Jan 6 with 2402 viewsClive_Anderson

I think we stuffed Man City 4-0 on the Saturday and then top of the league Leeds 4-1 on the Wednesday in 1992.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 08:49 - Jan 6 with 2400 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Back-to-back hammerings? on 22:44 - Jan 5 by kensalriser

Slightly tangentially, there was a documentary on the Fast Show on the other night (an old one going on how relatively youthful they all looked) in which Paul Whitehouse named Alec Stock as the inspiration for Ron Manager.

I saw that. So funny.
The real life Rowley Birkin was hilarious.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 08:57 - Jan 6 with 2366 viewsstowmarketrange

Back-to-back hammerings? on 07:59 - Jan 6 by 1MoreBrightonR

Was thinking the same..... Sir les had a run of hat tricks but think we 'only' got 4 in one of those games, not 5.

5-3 v forest and 4-3 away at Everton.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 09:10 - Jan 6 with 2340 viewsShotKneesHoop

I remember consecutive home games in 1965 /66 season where I saw for 3 bob entry to Loftus Road

7 - 2 vs York City

Followed by :-

6 -2 against Swansea

Later on that year, I am sure that a 6-1 drubbing of Millwall also featured.

"Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end".... They've just come back!!!!
[Post edited 6 Jan 2020 9:11]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Back-to-back hammerings? on 09:24 - Jan 6 with 2302 viewsCamberleyR

Back-to-back hammerings? on 08:57 - Jan 6 by stowmarketrange

5-3 v forest and 4-3 away at Everton.

The other way round. 4-3 at home to Forest on Easter Saturday, 5-3 away to Everton on Easter Monday. Impey and Bardsley got the other two at Goodison, Willo got a pen in the Forest game.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Back-to-back hammerings? on 09:29 - Jan 6 with 2286 viewsenfieldargh

Back-to-back hammerings? on 09:24 - Jan 6 by CamberleyR

The other way round. 4-3 at home to Forest on Easter Saturday, 5-3 away to Everton on Easter Monday. Impey and Bardsley got the other two at Goodison, Willo got a pen in the Forest game.

rubbish, no clean sheets!!!

That Plymouth game was my first game too

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Back-to-back hammerings? on 09:43 - Jan 6 with 2248 viewsHantsR

Back-to-back hammerings? on 22:42 - Jan 5 by GloryHunter

I took my Dad to that game v Plymouth, it was his first visit and it was a mixed experience for him as his Dad had been a Director of Plymouth Argyle
Back-to-back hammerings? on 11:22 - Jan 6 with 2154 viewsJuzzie

Back-to-back hammerings? on 21:11 - Jan 5 by smegma

I'm amazed no one complained about us conceding a goal yesterday. I know Lumley needs to improve but part of me thinks it's just become a witch hunt.

If Lumley could/should have saved the shots people say he should have saved then why aren't they saying Kelly "could have been better positioned" "should have anticipated" etc etc. You know, all the usual clap-trap from people who have never played Championship football themselves or weren't even at the game.
Back-to-back hammerings? on 13:45 - Jan 6 with 2024 viewsMatch82

Back-to-back hammerings? on 11:22 - Jan 6 by Juzzie

I'm amazed no one complained about us conceding a goal yesterday. I know Lumley needs to improve but part of me thinks it's just become a witch hunt.

If Lumley could/should have saved the shots people say he should have saved then why aren't they saying Kelly "could have been better positioned" "should have anticipated" etc etc. You know, all the usual clap-trap from people who have never played Championship football themselves or weren't even at the game.

Less to do with Kelly and more to do with situation I guess. Bit different conceding a goal in the 91st minute to deny a clean sheet in a season when the lack of them is a known concern.

That and Lumley got a hand to it which gives the impression it was preventable (which it was IMO)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024