Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stepping back from public life! 08:30 - Jan 9 with 9488 viewsRangersDave

yeah thats right, we are going to pay for them to have a quiet life, split between the UK and USA.

to quote 'Nat King Cole... 'there may be trouble ahead'!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Stepping back from public life! on 14:57 - Jan 9 with 1576 viewsTacticalR

Stepping back from public life! on 12:33 - Jan 9 by easthertsr

Is it only me that thinks we ,as a supposed democracy, in the year 2020, choose our head of state by the system of being the eldest child of the last person to do the job? That is when you think about it quite ridiculous!

I thought that when The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, this signified by divine providence who was to be monarch. Or isn't that how it works?

Air hostess clique

Stepping back from public life! on 15:16 - Jan 9 with 1531 viewsClive_Anderson

Stepping back from public life! on 14:57 - Jan 9 by TacticalR

I thought that when The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, this signified by divine providence who was to be monarch. Or isn't that how it works?

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Stepping back from public life! on 15:34 - Jan 9 with 1472 views2Thomas2Bowles

Stepping back from public life! on 14:57 - Jan 9 by TacticalR

Those cold nipples......

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Stepping back from public life! on 15:40 - Jan 9 with 1476 viewsDannytheR

Stepping back from public life! on 15:34 - Jan 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Those cold nipples......

Put another jumper on then.
Stepping back from public life! on 17:10 - Jan 9 with 1386 viewsCliff

Stepping back from public life! on 12:09 - Jan 9 by Konk

They did say they intended to become financially independent, so I guess that's what they meant.

I think I'll try telling my boss I'm withdrawing from my job and that I'll let him know when as soon as I can when I can do without the wages
Stepping back from public life! on 17:17 - Jan 9 with 1376 viewsWesty75

Stepping back from public life! on 12:30 - Jan 9 by Clive_Anderson

So you think they're going to disappear from the public eye and live a quiet and private life.

I think it will be the opposite and think they'll be all over social media, TV shows and possible reality TV. Probably set up a high profile "foundation" similar to the Clinton Foundation.

We'll have to wait and see I guess.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 12:30]

No, probably just use their positions to try to do a bit of good in the world, as they have been clearly trying to since they got together, and without having to justify their actions to the Sun and Daily fvcking Mail. Good luck to them.

To paraphrase Sid Vicious “I’ve met the man on the street and he’s a cvnt” - couldn’t have put it better myself based on some of you lot.
Stepping back from public life! on 17:25 - Jan 9 with 1357 viewsCiderwithRsie

Stepping back from public life! on 15:16 - Jan 9 by Clive_Anderson

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away.
Stepping back from public life! on 17:32 - Jan 9 with 1342 viewsNortholt_Rs

Stepping back from public life! on 10:42 - Jan 9 by Konk

I'm a Republican, but they both seem alright to me. I wouldn't be a member of the Royal Family for all the tea in China, so if he gets the chance to fu ck-off to Canada or something and lead a slightly more "normal" life then good luck to him. Not like he's heir to the throne or anything.

Fantastic to see people who presumably have never met either of them commenting on their intelligence, motives and integrity. No wonder they want out of it.

Do you mean “normal” like having £2.4m of taxpayers money spent renovating your freebie “cottage” in Windsor? So, if they aren’t going to be here for at least 50% of the time will the “cottage” stay empty or be given over to house some of our homeless? Btw what kind of cottage needs a £2.4m renovation? It is a písstake.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 17:33]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Stepping back from public life! on 17:33 - Jan 9 with 1336 viewsdaveB

Why will them leaving the Royal Family make the press stop reporting on them? It's just going to make them publish even more about them, i think it's a bad move for them
Stepping back from public life! on 17:40 - Jan 9 with 1318 viewsNortholt_Rs

Stepping back from public life! on 17:17 - Jan 9 by Westy75

No, probably just use their positions to try to do a bit of good in the world, as they have been clearly trying to since they got together, and without having to justify their actions to the Sun and Daily fvcking Mail. Good luck to them.

To paraphrase Sid Vicious “I’ve met the man on the street and he’s a cvnt” - couldn’t have put it better myself based on some of you lot.

Fair enough.....but if you are living a highly privileged lifestyle it is probably best not to spout off about the great unwashed cutting back on emissions whilst you jet around the world in private planes or first class.... boils my píss. The Russians had the right idea. The Republic cannot come soon enough for me. Hopefully these entitled morons and the fat nonce make it happen sooner rather than later.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 17:42]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Stepping back from public life! on 18:00 - Jan 9 with 1297 viewsCiderwithRsie

Princess Anne is the one who's got it right - does a bit of public work but not often in the papers, married an ordinary bloke, got divorced without a lot of kerfuffle and married another ordinary bloke, never had a title for either of her blokes or for her kids; no scandals except for a bit of speeding when she was young; seems to have a pretty nice life out of it.

Don't know why the younger royals didn't take a leaf out of her book, she's the only one of the Queen's children who haven't pretty much screwed up - maybe she doesn't hang around with the rest much?
Stepping back from public life! on 18:20 - Jan 9 with 1272 viewsHitch

think his Mrs would like a normal life again
Stepping back from public life! on 18:30 - Jan 9 with 1244 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Stepping back from public life! on 19:01 - Jan 9 with 1228 viewsthame_hoops

Stepping back from public life! on 11:28 - Jan 9 by Konk

So, without ever being given an alternative, in exchange for luxury, you have to spend your life in the public spotlight, surrounded by security, following other's expectations, hammered if you fail to live up to them, being judged by the public who've never even met you, never mind known you. Yeah, sounds fantastic. I'd take a holiday in Yarmouth with my family over a weeks skiing in Klosters being followed by the press. And a night down the pub with my mates where I can be an idiot and have fun, over a state dinner where I have to put on a performance and act the part. I get to live my life the way I want to live it and I can walk down the street without a load of paparazzi bothering me, and talentless cun ts writing cun tish articles about me and my family in the press. It might be a gilded cage, but they're still prisoners to all that bollo cks, so fair play for him deciding he wants something different. The fact they have better bed linen and a nicer house doesn't make the huge downsides any more attractive to me. As for your 40 hour week - I wouldn't be stunned if they do similar if not more when it comes to official duties and charity work. He's also done a stint in the Army.

I wasn't privy to their wedding planning conversations - I don't know whether that was what they ideally wanted or something the Royal family expected of them, so I can't comment either way. Not sure them having a hush-hush do at Islington Town Hall with £500 behind the bar and a bit of a spread in the pub would have gone down to well with sections of the press, though, and nor would a more normal ceremony in the States (imagine how that would have gone down). Look at all the fuss that was made when they didn't invite the whole world to gawp at their newly born, first child.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 11:29]

Love it 😂🤣😂
Stepping back from public life! on 19:15 - Jan 9 with 1209 viewsconnell10

Who cares, Up The Republic!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stepping back from public life! on 19:33 - Jan 9 with 1191 viewsQPR_John

Stepping back from public life! on 19:15 - Jan 9 by connell10

Who cares, Up The Republic!!

So many call for a republic without going into the logistics of what it entails.
Stepping back from public life! on 20:23 - Jan 9 with 1128 viewsnumptydumpty

To be honest a lot of posts on this thread assume that harry has had a much easier life than all of us average joes.

He was forced by the royal institution to walk behind his mothers coffin aged 12 and the "show" was braodcast live all around the world and the death of his mother was sudden anhaving to trek d unexplained.

If that isnt going to cause anyone any kind of mental health issues then I think a lot of people on here are not exactly thinking that straight themselves

I feel Harry is one of the more genuine members of the royal family - yes money wise he has always been in an incredibly privliged position and he has tried hard - seen active service in Iraq - and done a lot as a mental health amassador

Everyone else always believes the grass is always greener - tbf having to public speak in many differing environments due to being born in a certain family and your every move filmed documented and commented on by all and sundry if I had that life - I would be running a million miles

If they can part work for the royals but earn their own way and I feel they will head up a lot of charities then as far as me concerned that is a great deal better than running a man off the road because you pig ignorantly drive at 97 or allegedly dont sweat or despute hanging around seedier characters of life - you yourself are lily white....

I think Harry is a good guy myself - he comes across as decent fella - the press love a gossip and such crap is written day after day - they are still human beings at the end of the day - and as said compared to some royals they have certainly done their bit but it seems disillusionment with an outdated set up - wheres the trouble !!!!!!

if it was me I would let them get on with it - good on them - its more the press and media and social media superstars that I woud be against !!!!!!!!

Maybe they could use their royal patronage to endorse and subsidise such important and existing institutions as "QUEENS park rangers"

We live in hope - give them a break I would say

Green eyed monsters are not always correct !!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Stepping back from public life! on 21:10 - Jan 9 with 1081 viewsderbyhoop

Stepping back from public life! on 10:45 - Jan 9 by Watford_Ranger

She’s been painted as the devil in the right wing press for years now. Can’t think why.

A dual heritage, Catholic, American.
I can't think of a reason, either.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Stepping back from public life! on 21:45 - Jan 9 with 1045 viewsdistortR

Stepping back from public life! on 12:09 - Jan 9 by Konk

They did say they intended to become financially independent, so I guess that's what they meant.

He inherited millions, she earned millions but they're going to work towards being financially independent? sheesh.
I understand they are going to stop receiving their sovereign grant funding, about 5% of the income they receive as part of the royal family plc. There was wild applause down at the food bank where their subjects form an orderly queue.
I might tell my boss I'm quitting work tomorrow and hope to be financially independent at some point, but in the mean time he should really keep paying me.
Entitled knobs.

edit - just noticed Cliff got there before me. Entitled knob
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 21:50]
Stepping back from public life! on 00:33 - Jan 10 with 976 viewszizoustainrod

Stepping back from public life! on 11:34 - Jan 9 by Clive_Anderson

"Fantastic to see people who presumably have never met either of them commenting on their intelligence, motives and integrity."

Lolz yeah sure we'd never see you do that about someone like Boris or Trump.

Yeah but Boris and Trump? Really?! What the fūck were you guys thinking?
Stepping back from public life! on 01:40 - Jan 10 with 963 viewsLoftgirl

Stepping back from public life! on 09:41 - Jan 9 by CamberleyR

She's his Yoko Ono.

Without the singing, hopefully.
Stepping back from public life! on 02:25 - Jan 10 with 950 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Never been a royalist, but I’ve always had a degree of sympathy for Harry.

When his mum was being buried I was in a bar in central Vietnam at the time. It was packed and I was with a couple of German girls as the only ones not watching it on the TV. Until I caught a bit out of the corner of my eye , when all I could say was, WTF are they doing?

Seeing the young sons follow their mother’s coffin in full glare was one of the most hideous things I’ve seen. Immediately the three of us were drawn to the lost little boy made to parade and forced to put on a stiff upper lip. The baying public cretins wanting the sons to help them with their grief for someone they didn’t know was pathetic, and how events from 1997 have affected him is anyone’s guess.

30 years later, his wife is reliving the whole thing again. No wonder he wants out as much for his wife, son, but probably more for his own peace of mind. Indeed the parallels between his life and that of the main character in ‘The Truman Show’ are so uncanny, it’s comical.

Make the break fella, and good luck to him (he’ll need it because the media and public cretins will seek to drive a wedge between them or worse!)...but the freebies do stop however!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 5:47]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Stepping back from public life! on 03:38 - Jan 10 with 925 viewsMatch82

Stepping back from public life! on 21:45 - Jan 9 by distortR

He inherited millions, she earned millions but they're going to work towards being financially independent? sheesh.
I understand they are going to stop receiving their sovereign grant funding, about 5% of the income they receive as part of the royal family plc. There was wild applause down at the food bank where their subjects form an orderly queue.
I might tell my boss I'm quitting work tomorrow and hope to be financially independent at some point, but in the mean time he should really keep paying me.
Entitled knobs.

edit - just noticed Cliff got there before me. Entitled knob
[Post edited 9 Jan 2020 21:50]

Not sure why people are so up in arms about the work to become financially independent bit.
If they had said we are already financially independent then you'd have people saying "oh they're just lording it over us"
If they hadn't said anything then people would have said "we'll still have to pay for you"

I just read it as trying to put people's minds at rest about the fact they'd be covering their own security costs etc and wouldn't burden the taxpayer.
Stepping back from public life! on 04:32 - Jan 10 with 909 viewsHooparoo

Stepping back from public life! on 17:25 - Jan 9 by CiderwithRsie

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away.

We need to form a narco-syndicalist commune and take turns being an executive officer for the week.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Stepping back from public life! on 05:57 - Jan 10 with 876 viewsHayesender

I guess Harry's DNA results weren't quite what he was expecting

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024