Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stepping back from public life! 08:30 - Jan 9 with 9447 viewsRangersDave

yeah thats right, we are going to pay for them to have a quiet life, split between the UK and USA.

to quote 'Nat King Cole... 'there may be trouble ahead'!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Stepping back from public life! on 07:01 - Jan 10 with 1581 viewsdistortR

Stepping back from public life! on 03:38 - Jan 10 by Match82

Not sure why people are so up in arms about the work to become financially independent bit.
If they had said we are already financially independent then you'd have people saying "oh they're just lording it over us"
If they hadn't said anything then people would have said "we'll still have to pay for you"

I just read it as trying to put people's minds at rest about the fact they'd be covering their own security costs etc and wouldn't burden the taxpayer.

because, while a lot of people are really struggling to stay afloat financially, we have a couple of multi-millionaires telling us that they will keep taking from the public purse until they are financially independent. Which is, quite frankly, galling.

Timed after the publicly have funded the renovations of their presumably rent free house, to the tune of millions.

If they had said 'we're lucky enough to be financially independent, we have no need of state aid and we're quitting the awful glare of the media to live as normal a life as possible', i think a lot more people would have a lot more sympathy.

Do you think they are going to step away from the media glare they find so abhorrent?
Stepping back from public life! on 08:22 - Jan 10 with 1523 viewsozexile

Stepping back from public life! on 07:01 - Jan 10 by distortR

because, while a lot of people are really struggling to stay afloat financially, we have a couple of multi-millionaires telling us that they will keep taking from the public purse until they are financially independent. Which is, quite frankly, galling.

Timed after the publicly have funded the renovations of their presumably rent free house, to the tune of millions.

If they had said 'we're lucky enough to be financially independent, we have no need of state aid and we're quitting the awful glare of the media to live as normal a life as possible', i think a lot more people would have a lot more sympathy.

Do you think they are going to step away from the media glare they find so abhorrent?

I think we'd have to ge a bit naive as well to think they won't still receive public money whatever we're told by the palace.
Stepping back from public life! on 08:40 - Jan 10 with 1512 viewsgazza1

If Harry, along with his wife, wants to stop his duties then so be it.

What I would say is that the way he and his wife have gone about informing the public is nothing short of disgraceful behaviour. He has let the family down very badly, he has let himself down and shown a total disrespectful for our Queen and his 90 plus year old Grandmother . I would go as far to say that he has let the country down as well.

Harry is big enough to have known the protocols.

I believe that there is a lot more in his decision than we know and maybe we will never know.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 8:48]
Stepping back from public life! on 09:36 - Jan 10 with 1448 viewsjonno

It’s not Harry that wants to pack in the royal duties - I it’s his wife.
Stepping back from public life! on 09:54 - Jan 10 with 1411 views2Thomas2Bowles

I remember an interview they did after getting engaged, she did all the talking while he was just looking at her all puppy-love-eyed.

It said to me that she is in charge of this relationship, nothing I've seen since has changed that view.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Stepping back from public life! on 10:00 - Jan 10 with 1409 viewsTheChef

Stepping back from public life! on 17:33 - Jan 9 by daveB

Why will them leaving the Royal Family make the press stop reporting on them? It's just going to make them publish even more about them, i think it's a bad move for them

Er, I think that's the idea. Just to keep generating more page filler media BS.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Stepping back from public life! on 10:29 - Jan 10 with 1390 viewsfrancisbowles

Stepping back from public life! on 11:37 - Jan 9 by TheChef

Does anyone under the age of 50 really give a fvck about the royal family?

Can't believe in this day and age the media still shovel this sh1t.

Yes, just look at the popularity of that Netflix show.
Stepping back from public life! on 10:50 - Jan 10 with 1371 viewsTacticalR

It's a bit silly and nobody wants to do it anymore.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Stepping back from public life! on 11:03 - Jan 10 with 1350 viewsDannytheR

This whole thread reads like my nan's been brought back to life and cloned.
Stepping back from public life! on 12:00 - Jan 10 with 1302 viewsTacticalR

Stepping back from public life! on 11:03 - Jan 10 by DannytheR

There are a helluva lot of threads like that.

Air hostess clique

Stepping back from public life! on 12:21 - Jan 10 with 1277 viewspaulparker

I thought the bashing of 2 rich over privileged aristocrats who leech off the tax payer would be up your street

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Stepping back from public life! on 12:31 - Jan 10 with 1251 viewsTacticalR

Stepping back from public life! on 12:21 - Jan 10 by paulparker

I thought the bashing of 2 rich over privileged aristocrats who leech off the tax payer would be up your street

Yeah, but they're being bashed for not being aristocratic enough.

Air hostess clique

Stepping back from public life! on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 1233 viewspaulparker

Stepping back from public life! on 12:31 - Jan 10 by TacticalR

Yeah, but they're being bashed for not being aristocratic enough.

Yeah true

I think the whole royal family thing is dead now , sad in a way when you think of the millions of young lads who bought into the king & country thing during both wars this and the Prince Andrew thing should really be the end of this lot
Abolish the lot of them once the Queen goes and make Buckingham palace etc museums

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Stepping back from public life! on 13:00 - Jan 10 with 1195 viewsNortholt_Rs

Stepping back from public life! on 12:41 - Jan 10 by paulparker

Yeah true

I think the whole royal family thing is dead now , sad in a way when you think of the millions of young lads who bought into the king & country thing during both wars this and the Prince Andrew thing should really be the end of this lot
Abolish the lot of them once the Queen goes and make Buckingham palace etc museums

Amen.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Stepping back from public life! on 15:08 - Jan 10 with 1134 viewsDrewster

This escaping the media glare doesn’t wash with me.
She probably wants to go back into acting and restart her instagram page, of which they already have a joint one anyway.
They’ll end up doing countless talk shows and will continually be in the media glare, possibly even more now.
Being financially independent means they can do the odd Hello spread for millions will help.

I give it a couple of years max and it’ll be over, Harry comes back to England with his tail between his legs and she is made for life with payouts and silence money from the royal family.
Stepping back from public life! on 15:47 - Jan 10 with 1100 viewsShotKneesHoop

I really don't give a Flying Burrito Brothers about this pair.

What have they got to do with the price of a packet of Percy Daltons - or Mark Lazarus's torn shorts?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 19:03]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Stepping back from public life! on 15:52 - Jan 10 with 1094 viewsCliff

Stepping back from public life! on 19:33 - Jan 9 by QPR_John

So many call for a republic without going into the logistics of what it entails.

Like we did with Brexit perhaps?
Stepping back from public life! on 17:25 - Jan 10 with 1028 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The producers of ‘The Crown’ must be rubbing their hands; episode 4 of series 7 has just landed on their laps!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Stepping back from public life! on 17:45 - Jan 10 with 1007 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Stepping back from public life! on 17:25 - Jan 10 by PlanetHonneywood

The producers of ‘The Crown’ must be rubbing their hands; episode 4 of series 7 has just landed on their laps!

She should play herself!
Stepping back from public life! on 23:30 - Jan 10 with 898 viewsMiss_Terraces

I don't like her one little bit but she's still my favourite royal

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Stepping back from public life! on 23:56 - Jan 10 with 875 viewstraininvain

Yep. Can’t believe people actually give a fcuk.
Stepping back from public life! on 03:10 - Jan 11 with 848 viewsPunteR

Good move by them. Get it in early. Bit of flak in the press then laters. Dont blame them. As for he rest of the royals then they might as well cart out madame tussauds waxworks for functions.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stepping back from public life! on 04:09 - Jan 11 with 842 viewsSharpy36

Stepping back from public life! on 23:56 - Jan 10 by traininvain

Yep. Can’t believe people actually give a fcuk.

What a strange concept that some people think differently than you. What a mad free thinking world we live in

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Stepping back from public life! on 12:19 - Jan 19 with 706 viewsDrewster

So they’re off.
Less HRH titles, less 2.5m for the cottage and what seems to be a clip round the ear from the Queen.
How long now before it comes out he is related to the tank commander?
Stepping back from public life! on 12:43 - Jan 19 with 663 viewsElHoop

Stepping back from public life! on 12:19 - Jan 19 by Drewster

So they’re off.
Less HRH titles, less 2.5m for the cottage and what seems to be a clip round the ear from the Queen.
How long now before it comes out he is related to the tank commander?

There's more likelihood of there being Loch Ness Monster than there is of Hewitt being his dad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024