Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wage bill 14:36 - Jan 11 with 4207 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Very, very dissapointing but I would be interested to see their wage bill in comparison to ours. Pontus Jansen signed from the mighty Leeds. How much would he be on. Does anyone know if it is a big difference?
Wage bill on 14:42 - Jan 11 with 3434 viewsconnell10

Yep but Brentford have built up their cash flow the right way by buying cheap and selling high, hence they can well afford to pay high wages! It's what Rangers should have done but oh no we had uncle Tony at the helm who has set tis club back years!! Good luck to Brentford I say!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wage bill on 14:46 - Jan 11 with 3382 viewsHunterhoop

Commentators said around ko that we had the 5th lowest wage bill in the league. Brentford’s is obviously larger given the fees they’ve paid for players.
Wage bill on 14:47 - Jan 11 with 3373 viewsThe_Seer

If they have better players and pay better wages then good luck to them. Brentford make a profit year in, year out from sales of players. They never get shafted like we do.

If only we had an owner like Matthew Benham.
Wage bill on 14:48 - Jan 11 with 3371 viewsconnell10

Wage bill on 14:47 - Jan 11 by The_Seer

If they have better players and pay better wages then good luck to them. Brentford make a profit year in, year out from sales of players. They never get shafted like we do.

Nail hit firmly on head. We are a basket case just starting to sort ourselves out.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wage bill on 14:57 - Jan 11 with 3322 viewsRangersw12

Wage bill on 14:47 - Jan 11 by The_Seer

Shouldn't you be celebrating your cup final win ?
Wage bill on 15:01 - Jan 11 with 3289 viewsRANGERS4EVER

They have structured themselves well enough to have a better team with better wages and it shows

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Wage bill on 15:15 - Jan 11 with 3209 viewsBenny_the_Ball

As I said on another thread Brentford are now the blueprint for QPR. In the time we've faffed around with Warren Farm, Old Oak and the Linford Christie stadium they've acquired prime land in Kew and built a stadium. No fuss, no drama, they just got on with it. For me having one owner with the club at heart has much to do it. I've never been a fan of consortiums and lamented the day Mittal failed to take over QPR lock, stock and barrel.

On the pitch, Brentford introduced their strategy of statistical analysis coupled with solid scouting and recruitment. They polish up raw diamonds and sell them on for big profit whilst identifying talented replacements that improve the team. Meanwhile Tony et al played billy big bollocks and threw money around like confetti at washed up premier league prima donnas. Given the amount of money they wasted on salaries it's churlish of anyone connected with QPR to now question Brentford's wage bill.
Wage bill on 15:15 - Jan 11 with 3208 viewsLowerloftLad

We are more than heading in the right direction in terms of how our own club is run it takes time but we are getting there

We have young players getting good reviews in lower leagues we have moved players on to prem sides that have made us profit

We have youngsters within our team who will all be sold for large profits

Was not that long ago we had to pay players just to leave
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 15:18]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Wage bill on 15:24 - Jan 11 with 3163 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Wage bill on 15:15 - Jan 11 by LowerloftLad

We are more than heading in the right direction in terms of how our own club is run it takes time but we are getting there

We have young players getting good reviews in lower leagues we have moved players on to prem sides that have made us profit

I'd say that we have only just started moving in the right direction. We now need to lay solid foundations (in particular training ground and effective scouting) to continue the cycle.
Wage bill on 15:30 - Jan 11 with 3118 viewsThe_Seer

Wage bill on 14:57 - Jan 11 by Rangersw12

Shouldn't you be celebrating your cup final win ?

Credit where credit is due. They deserve it.
Wage bill on 15:34 - Jan 11 with 3093 viewsThe_Seer

We haven't sold a player for a huge fee yet nor is there so much as a spade in the ground at Warren Farm.

I don't want promises, I want it done.
Wage bill on 15:44 - Jan 11 with 3058 viewssuperhoopdownunder

We'll see the latest accounts next month.
I am very confident QPR is not the 5th lowest wage bill in the Championship
Wage bill on 17:03 - Jan 11 with 2815 viewsHunterhoop

Wage bill on 15:44 - Jan 11 by superhoopdownunder

We'll see the latest accounts next month.
I am very confident QPR is not the 5th lowest wage bill in the Championship

Next month’s accounts will reflect last season’s wage bill, not this current one. Since then we’ve shifted a lot of higher earners. So, you are wrong; we won’t see in a month.

Also, i’m only relaying what the commentators said; I don’t know where it came from, but I think it’s believable, for this season, which we’ll find out about in about 13 months.
Wage bill on 17:05 - Jan 11 with 2813 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Wage bill on 15:15 - Jan 11 by Benny_the_Ball

As I said on another thread Brentford are now the blueprint for QPR. In the time we've faffed around with Warren Farm, Old Oak and the Linford Christie stadium they've acquired prime land in Kew and built a stadium. No fuss, no drama, they just got on with it. For me having one owner with the club at heart has much to do it. I've never been a fan of consortiums and lamented the day Mittal failed to take over QPR lock, stock and barrel.

On the pitch, Brentford introduced their strategy of statistical analysis coupled with solid scouting and recruitment. They polish up raw diamonds and sell them on for big profit whilst identifying talented replacements that improve the team. Meanwhile Tony et al played billy big bollocks and threw money around like confetti at washed up premier league prima donnas. Given the amount of money they wasted on salaries it's churlish of anyone connected with QPR to now question Brentford's wage bill.

I am questioning it because I believe it plays a part in why they are better than us. I would be interested in knowing the difference. I am not criticising Brentford and as many on here have said they have a clear long term strategy that we are hopefully moving towards.
Wage bill on 17:21 - Jan 11 with 2739 viewsswitchingcode

Wage bill on 17:05 - Jan 11 by oldmeadoniansR

I am questioning it because I believe it plays a part in why they are better than us. I would be interested in knowing the difference. I am not criticising Brentford and as many on here have said they have a clear long term strategy that we are hopefully moving towards.

I suggest you check back a few years when we were still beating you before ffp caught up with you.
Little reminder you took Bidwell off us and trebled his wages
Wage bill on 17:21 - Jan 11 with 2739 viewsflynnbo

If we do have the 5th lowest budget and I have heard that before today then I suppose it would be Barnsley, Preston, Luton and Charlton?
Wage bill on 17:24 - Jan 11 with 2724 viewsnix

Wage bill on 17:21 - Jan 11 by switchingcode

I suggest you check back a few years when we were still beating you before ffp caught up with you.

We're a pretty welcoming message board for fans of other clubs, Konk our resident Fulham fan is a well respected and valued member, for instance. But it's really poor form to come in someone else's forum to wind up their fans, especially after you've just won.
Wage bill on 17:32 - Jan 11 with 2698 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I suggest I don't. Because actually I was praising Brentford for being a well run club. I am more concerned about what we do and that is one of the reasons why I don't read Brentford fans Forums. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Wage bill on 17:34 - Jan 11 with 2676 viewsWilloW4

Wage bill on 17:24 - Jan 11 by nix

We're a pretty welcoming message board for fans of other clubs, Konk our resident Fulham fan is a well respected and valued member, for instance. But it's really poor form to come in someone else's forum to wind up their fans, especially after you've just won.

I don't think that's a wind up message.. Stating a true fact and underlining how stupid our board was in the recent past.
Wage bill on 17:35 - Jan 11 with 2668 viewsThe_Seer

and he was rubbish..
Wage bill on 17:39 - Jan 11 with 2643 viewsNed_Kennedys

Wage bill on 17:35 - Jan 11 by The_Seer

and he was rubbish..

No he wasn't: he was mediocre.
Wage bill on 18:02 - Jan 11 with 2579 viewsswitchingcode

Wage bill on 17:24 - Jan 11 by nix

Haven’t been on any other threads eg match thread to wind up about today wS just commenting on the subject.If you check me out I’ve never done the gloating stuff on here
Wage bill on 18:14 - Jan 11 with 2547 viewsWatford_Ranger

Wage bill on 17:21 - Jan 11 by flynnbo

If we do have the 5th lowest budget and I have heard that before today then I suppose it would be Barnsley, Preston, Luton and Charlton?

Millwall can’t have many high earners.
Wage bill on 18:20 - Jan 11 with 2512 viewssmegma

A pedant writes 'we have moved players on to premier sides that have made us profit' ???

So how come our recent losses broke FFP rules ?? Care to enlighten us ???
Wage bill on 18:46 - Jan 11 with 2446 viewsnix

Wage bill on 17:34 - Jan 11 by WilloW4

I don't think that's a wind up message.. Stating a true fact and underlining how stupid our board was in the recent past.

Maybe it just wound me up then. I think we all know how stupid our board was and I don't think we need fans of other clubs telling us. And I think we're trying to change it so I'm not sure where all the hand wringing of the past is getting us. Shouldn't we be looking forward? And the poster at whom the remark was directed was actually praising Brentford for their strategy, so 🤷🏽‍♀️
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024