Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Kelly 21:00 - Jan 11 with 2353 viewsNed_Kennedys

It seems some fans have decided Liam Kelly is no better than Lumley and couldn't possibly be our main keeper and that we have to buy another one.

Kelly has played just 6 league matches and 3 cup matches for us. We've shipped plenty of goals in some of those games but I cannot remember many major mistakes by Kelly at all. So I wonder why some are so quick to write him off so quickly: surely its not because he's not the tallest? Seems odd to me.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 21:19]
Liam Kelly on 21:18 - Jan 11 with 2288 viewsessextaxiboy

Scottish ...there have only been one or maybe two half decent ones and they have spent their whole career in England ...IMO
Liam Kelly on 21:31 - Jan 11 with 2236 viewscolinallcars

Liam Kelly on 21:18 - Jan 11 by essextaxiboy

Scottish ...there have only been one or maybe two half decent ones and they have spent their whole career in England ...IMO

Scotland has given us great entertainers, doctors, soldiers, scientists, inventors and engineers. Plus ships, coal, steel, whisky, fish and oil.

You can't expect them to give us great goalkeepers as well !
Liam Kelly on 10:44 - Jan 12 with 1901 viewsfrancisbowles

Agree with the op
Liam Kelly on 10:52 - Jan 12 with 1881 viewsGloucs_R

He needs 10 games on the before anyone can judge him.

Stejskal took time to settle in and he was quality.

If I was Mark Warburton I would be whispering into Kelly's are saying youre my number one now son show me what you've got

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Liam Kelly on 14:38 - Jan 16 with 1620 viewsoakskull

Anyone but Lumley. Just check the stats - lets in every second shot, worst of the division.
Liam Kelly on 14:43 - Jan 16 with 1608 viewsRblockPrior

Lumley is no where as bad as some make out, he has however made some silly mistakes most of which are due to playing out and he is not put his foot through clearances

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Liam Kelly on 15:04 - Jan 16 with 1537 viewsWestonsuperR

Completely agree. Time to give Kelly a run in the side and make more long-term decision in the Summer when he has been given a run of games. Certainly seems to have better ‘feet’ than Lumley, plenty of experience also.
Liam Kelly on 17:40 - Jan 16 with 1404 viewsA40Bosh

It is correct that Kelly has not had many games yet but I have not been impressed enough with what I have seen so far to say that he could be any better than Lumley.

I believe he made two mistakes that cost us two goals in consecutive games but they were different to the Lumley poor clearance mistakes and perhaps less obvious. His starting position towards the edge of the box whilst we are in possession has meant that on two occasions a counter attack (at least I think it was counter attacks) has occurred and he has had to stay routed where he was because he can’t get back closer to his goal in time nor close down the attacker because he will quickly be out of the area and can’t use his hands. That has allowed the attacker to get the shot off early and score from distance as the goal was empty.

Ingram was thrown under the bus, then Lumley, next will be Kelly and everyone will be calling for Dieng to be recalled because he is a brilliant keeper getting rave reviews in the lower leagues. Then once Dieng has been given five minutes people will want to know why Barnes is not being given a chance.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

Liam Kelly on 19:10 - Jan 16 with 1276 viewsWoog

Liam Kelly on 21:18 - Jan 11 by essextaxiboy

Of course.

There's Craig Gordon, described by Gianliugi Buffon as a great, and winner of the best English Premier League save ever - who started his career at Hearts.
Or Jim Leighton, who Alex Ferguson rated, after Schmeichel, as the best goalie he had ever had - who started with Aberdeen.

Half decent, indeed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024