Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Clarke 14:51 - Jan 13 with 17427 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Well respected Spuds source on Twitter saying we have beaten off opposition to get him on loan for the rest of the season.

Does beg two questions though.

1. He couldn't get enough game time at Leeds
2. A winger?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 14:56]
Jack Clarke on 14:56 - Jan 13 with 5654 viewssdm19994

3. Eze off the other way?
Jack Clarke on 14:58 - Jan 13 with 5636 viewsLongsufferingR

Not sure lack of game time at Leeds is an issue for us. Maybe he's being thought of as a wing-back rather than an out and out winger.
Jack Clarke on 15:02 - Jan 13 with 5603 viewsJigsore

1. we've already got one fair haired 50kg lad on loan from a big club, why would we need another

2. Unless Mourinho is buying him just to bully him why would Spurs want Eze

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Jack Clarke on 15:04 - Jan 13 with 5589 viewsNorthernr

Very strange signing. We've got more players who can play his position than anything else.
Jack Clarke on 15:07 - Jan 13 with 5561 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ideally, I think we do need a winger on the left to balance BOS on the right. How we would then fits in Eze and Chair in the centre is another question, though. Clarke is right-footed, though?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jack Clarke on 15:08 - Jan 13 with 5547 viewsrsonist

Jack Clarke on 14:58 - Jan 13 by LongsufferingR

Not sure lack of game time at Leeds is an issue for us. Maybe he's being thought of as a wing-back rather than an out and out winger.

Not his position at all.

Tidy inside forward type, all about movement and combination play. Lightweight, lacks stamina.

Looked a very nice player in the making this time last year (before he suffered a concussion and mysteriously wasn't the same after if I recall). But given what we've already got on the books I couldn't really be rolling my eyes harder right now.
Jack Clarke on 15:09 - Jan 13 with 5543 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Seems a strange one, especially with what we already have in that position. Possibly just for cover if some of our young lads go on loan themselves. Can't imagine he comes cheap though.
Maybe it's all just for the inside track before the Leeds game....
Jack Clarke on 15:09 - Jan 13 with 5537 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jack Clarke on 15:08 - Jan 13 by rsonist

Not his position at all.

Tidy inside forward type, all about movement and combination play. Lightweight, lacks stamina.

Looked a very nice player in the making this time last year (before he suffered a concussion and mysteriously wasn't the same after if I recall). But given what we've already got on the books I couldn't really be rolling my eyes harder right now.

yep, literally almost the exact opposite of what we really need.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Clarke on 15:11 - Jan 13 with 5516 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jack Clarke on 15:08 - Jan 13 by rsonist

Not his position at all.

Ya, I don't get it.

Jack Clarke on 15:12 - Jan 13 with 5501 viewsMytch_QPR

Wasn't it reported on WLS that Warburton predicted one signing and that would be a central defender?

If there's any truth to this rumour it suggests that someone is being offloaded.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Jack Clarke on 15:14 - Jan 13 with 5485 viewskensalriser

Has it been confirmed by the club yet? If not then I'm going back to sleep.

If there's one thing I like to get extremely curmudgeonly about it's endless fckin transfer speculation. I actually still don't believe Richard Langley ever went to Cardiff. Mind you, I don't think he does either.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jack Clarke on 15:14 - Jan 13 with 5481 viewsNorthernr

Jack Clarke on 15:07 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Ideally, I think we do need a winger on the left to balance BOS on the right. How we would then fits in Eze and Chair in the centre is another question, though. Clarke is right-footed, though?

He can only really be one of the three behind the striker, and that's when we play a three, sometimes we sacrifice one of them or the midfielder so we can get Hugill and Wells on there together.
So it's basically another one to put in the queue for those four or five attacking positions along with Hugill, Wells, Mlakar, Smith, Eze, BOS, Pugh, Chair, Shodipo etc. Two of those are probably going back this January precisely because we don't need players for those positions and haven't used them.
Odd all round. Maybe a loan for Shodipo?
Jack Clarke on 15:15 - Jan 13 with 5476 viewsrsonist

Jack Clarke on 15:07 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I think he's more comfortable on the right yeah, or at least is more comfortable doing conventionally wingery things there.

Nothing wrong with wanting to stretch play while the opposition focus on Eze but I would have thought we're better off with Shodipo for raw pace, or better still coming up with a strategy for Manning not being exposed so he can bomb on.

Unfortunately the more I think about it the more some kind of Eze exchange seems the only plausible theory. Or maybe it's just squad filler for the sake of it.
Jack Clarke on 15:18 - Jan 13 with 5450 viewswhittocksRs

Beyond this somehow being tied to an Eze transfer, I cannot see any logic in signing a youth player in the one position we have absolutely tons of options... unless, and this is a stretch and very questionable management if the case, Warburton et al see him as a centre forward.
Jack Clarke on 15:18 - Jan 13 with 5447 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jack Clarke on 15:14 - Jan 13 by Northernr

He can only really be one of the three behind the striker, and that's when we play a three, sometimes we sacrifice one of them or the midfielder so we can get Hugill and Wells on there together.
So it's basically another one to put in the queue for those four or five attacking positions along with Hugill, Wells, Mlakar, Smith, Eze, BOS, Pugh, Chair, Shodipo etc. Two of those are probably going back this January precisely because we don't need players for those positions and haven't used them.
Odd all round. Maybe a loan for Shodipo?

Ya, that was my first thought, too. I think Shodipo needs games.

Jack Clarke on 15:22 - Jan 13 with 5408 viewsrsonist

Jack Clarke on 15:14 - Jan 13 by kensalriser

Has it been confirmed by the club yet? If not then I'm going back to sleep.

If there's one thing I like to get extremely curmudgeonly about it's endless fckin transfer speculation. I actually still don't believe Richard Langley ever went to Cardiff. Mind you, I don't think he does either.

Wouldn't be a transfer without someone posting this.

Phil Hay and other well placed sources are reporting it. As ever the media's still fine enough when you learn the ropes.
Jack Clarke on 15:27 - Jan 13 with 5363 viewsrsonist

Jack Clarke on 15:18 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, that was my first thought, too. I think Shodipo needs games.

Even with Shodipo out on loan it's a struggle to make clear sense of. Clarke is probably closest to Chair in the squad, and we still have Pugh so...

The cynic in me might also point out Spurs generally like Warbs a lot, unlike that Bielsa lad who won't behave. But then again Smith didn't get games here so perhaps that's unfair.
Jack Clarke on 15:28 - Jan 13 with 5352 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Given that QPR are operating on a tight budget, I can't see the logic. His position is one that doesn't require strengthening and, as a loan signing, he would not be makeweight for any potential transfer in the opposite direction.
Jack Clarke on 15:29 - Jan 13 with 5346 viewsMatch82

Seems odd given the number of players we have in that position.

However...remember the absolute uproar when we signed Kelly about how ridiculous that was because we already had too many keepers? Might be something else going on here.
Jack Clarke on 15:50 - Jan 13 with 5219 viewsPinnerPaul

Jack Clarke on 15:22 - Jan 13 by rsonist

Wouldn't be a transfer without someone posting this.

Phil Hay and other well placed sources are reporting it. As ever the media's still fine enough when you learn the ropes.

The same well placed sources who said we were getting Amos, Walker Peters and a shed load of cash for Eze?

Since - I've seen Walker Peters linked elsewhere, Spurs linked today well with midfielder Fenandes of Barcelona and Eze has been linked with practically everyone bar Spurs.

Half the transfer stories are about moves that won't happen and 90% of the stories about actual moves don't happen either!, agree with poster above - transfer 'speculation' is 100% b***x!
Jack Clarke on 16:53 - Jan 13 with 5077 viewsbosh67

Apparently being confirmed as a loan until the end of the season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jack Clarke on 16:59 - Jan 13 with 5019 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Eze has to be going. Only reason I would understand this, then push Chair into the middle.

If not it would mean BOS, Pugh, Chair, Clarke all fighting for a position, with Shodipo in reserves and Smyth out on loan.

Very strange

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Jack Clarke on 17:02 - Jan 13 with 4996 viewsrsonist

Jack Clarke on 15:50 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

The same well placed sources who said we were getting Amos, Walker Peters and a shed load of cash for Eze?

Since - I've seen Walker Peters linked elsewhere, Spurs linked today well with midfielder Fenandes of Barcelona and Eze has been linked with practically everyone bar Spurs.

Half the transfer stories are about moves that won't happen and 90% of the stories about actual moves don't happen either!, agree with poster above - transfer 'speculation' is 100% b***x!

No. If I say well placed sources I mean I can name the journos (as with Hay) and have a reasonable idea as to their track record. Can you say the same of whatever you're reading? If you can't then that's why the nonsense gets published.
Jack Clarke on 17:22 - Jan 13 with 4890 viewsBklynRanger

Maybe he's positively itching to play centre back?
Jack Clarke on 17:44 - Jan 13 with 4791 viewsenfieldargh

Chair could play central mid in the Brentford Ryan Woods mold (not the Stoke version)

Can tackle, keeps hold of the ball, efficient passing.

If MW is unable to secure the defenders he needs then we have to outscore the opposition!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024