Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Oak plans changed 15:31 - Jan 13 with 4829 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Planners have gone back to the drawing board. Car Giant land is no longer the target, focus is being shifted to developing Park Royal and regenerating Willesden Junction.

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/old-oak-and-park-royal-regeneration-reset-1-
Old Oak plans changed on 15:38 - Jan 13 with 4769 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Here we go again!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Old Oak plans changed on 15:39 - Jan 13 with 4755 viewsMick_S

Yeah - have that Brentford.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Old Oak plans changed on 15:47 - Jan 13 with 4707 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wasn't there a thread with this news a few weeks back?
Old Oak plans changed on 15:54 - Jan 13 with 4666 viewsBoston

Old Oak plans changed on 15:39 - Jan 13 by Mick_S

Yeah - have that Brentford.

Yeah baby, so they’re short walk from Kew Bridge Station, we could have an international rail hub under the stadium. Stick that in yer pipe Gilham.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Old Oak plans changed on 18:01 - Jan 13 with 4413 viewsThe_Seer

Mr Car Giant is just too smart for them..

To think that at one point Bungle and Co thought they could get their hands on his land.
Old Oak plans changed on 18:06 - Jan 13 with 4408 viewskingo

Old Oak plans changed on 18:01 - Jan 13 by The_Seer

To think that at one point Bungle and Co thought they could get their hands on his land.

I think it is the opposite. Mr Car Giant has blown his chance of big bucks by the development plans being moved away from his land. Now he can’t use it for housing, only business.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Old Oak plans changed on 18:08 - Jan 13 with 4370 viewsThe_Seer

We should have been looking at Park Royal in the first place.
Old Oak plans changed on 18:17 - Jan 13 with 4338 viewsBoston

Old Oak plans changed on 18:08 - Jan 13 by The_Seer

We should have been looking at Park Royal in the first place.

I’m reliably informed there are no Brentford s/t holders in Park Royal....there’s also a distinct lack of licensed establishments.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Old Oak plans changed on 18:25 - Jan 13 with 4295 viewsPunteR

Does this have any bearing on QPR still?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Old Oak plans changed on 18:32 - Jan 13 with 4257 viewsThe_Seer

Old Oak plans changed on 18:17 - Jan 13 by Boston

I’m reliably informed there are no Brentford s/t holders in Park Royal....there’s also a distinct lack of licensed establishments.

With a new stadium you get infrastructure, the area won't stay the same. There will be drinking establishments. Travelling fans always say that White City is a dump.
Old Oak plans changed on 19:26 - Jan 13 with 4090 viewscolinallcars

Old Oak plans changed on 18:17 - Jan 13 by Boston

Indeed. With the closure of the Plumes, the Leamington, the Park Royal hotel, the Nuffield and that one by the hospital, there remains only the Junction and the Castle.
Old Oak plans changed on 19:54 - Jan 13 with 3966 viewsThe_Seer

Old Oak plans changed on 19:26 - Jan 13 by colinallcars

Indeed. With the closure of the Plumes, the Leamington, the Park Royal hotel, the Nuffield and that one by the hospital, there remains only the Junction and the Castle.

Yes let's not entertain the idea of a new stadium in Park Royal because at the moment there aren't many boozers.

Let's stay in White City shall we after all its such a delightful area..
Old Oak plans changed on 19:55 - Jan 13 with 3975 viewsflynnbo

Old Oak plans changed on 19:54 - Jan 13 by The_Seer

Yes let's not entertain the idea of a new stadium in Park Royal because at the moment there aren't many boozers.

Let's stay in White City shall we after all its such a delightful area..

Time for tea and then bed; you've got school tomorrow.
Old Oak plans changed on 20:39 - Jan 13 with 3851 viewsThe_Seer

Old Oak plans changed on 18:06 - Jan 13 by kingo

I think it is the opposite. Mr Car Giant has blown his chance of big bucks by the development plans being moved away from his land. Now he can’t use it for housing, only business.

I think you will find that Mr Car Giant is a very wealthy individual with a successful, thriving business, he doesn't need charity from the Government. How can you put a CPO on a piece of land which houses a large company that employs so many people and contributes to the local economy. He was prepared to buy the land and build a successful business on it when others wouldn't.

The land is not going anywhere and will just keep increasing in value. He makes millions in profit every year.

He was absolutely right to give the finger to our owners when they had the nerve to announce that QPR would be building a stadium on his land. I remember going to an open day held by the club in Kensal Green. Flashy pictures everywhere and a model of our so called new stadium. When I asked the consultants in suits how QPR were going to obtain the land which was owned by Car Giant, no one had an answer.

It was just for show, that's the day I realised our owners who controlled the club were muppets. No wonder Mittal sold most of his shares.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 20:41]
Old Oak plans changed on 21:26 - Jan 13 with 3750 viewsNortholt_Rs

Old Oak plans changed on 18:01 - Jan 13 by The_Seer

Brentfart troll alert.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Old Oak plans changed on 21:43 - Jan 13 with 3710 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Old Oak plans changed on 21:26 - Jan 13 by Northolt_Rs

Brentfart troll alert.

Why is he still on here?

Who are they playing next?
Old Oak plans changed on 01:55 - Jan 14 with 3441 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Old Oak plans changed on 15:47 - Jan 13 by CroydonCaptJack

Wasn't there a thread with this news a few weeks back?

Sorry if there was, I never saw it. The article I linked in was only published a few days ago.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 2:18]
Old Oak plans changed on 02:16 - Jan 14 with 3427 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Old Oak plans changed on 18:25 - Jan 13 by PunteR

Does this have any bearing on QPR still?

A few things really:

(1) Are the proposals for Linford Christie stadium out of scope of these plans?

(2) Are the ODPC still open to the possibility of a stadium and, if so, would QPR consider Park Royal as an option?

(3) Assuming the answer to question 2 is 'Yes', how would the fans feel about moving to Park Royal?

Park Royal has always struck me as having more potential than White City. The land will be cheaper, it's easy to get to and in moving there the club would still be in West London.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 2:19]
Old Oak plans changed on 09:07 - Jan 14 with 3246 viewsMick_S

Old Oak plans changed on 18:32 - Jan 13 by The_Seer

With a new stadium you get infrastructure, the area won't stay the same. There will be drinking establishments. Travelling fans always say that White City is a dump.

A down arrow?

Justice for The Seer.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Old Oak plans changed on 11:05 - Jan 14 with 3095 viewsBostonR

Old Oak plans changed on 02:16 - Jan 14 by Benny_the_Ball

A few things really:

(1) Are the proposals for Linford Christie stadium out of scope of these plans?

(2) Are the ODPC still open to the possibility of a stadium and, if so, would QPR consider Park Royal as an option?

(3) Assuming the answer to question 2 is 'Yes', how would the fans feel about moving to Park Royal?

Park Royal has always struck me as having more potential than White City. The land will be cheaper, it's easy to get to and in moving there the club would still be in West London.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 2:19]

Well if I were the Board I would welcome this news - if true. Unless I am mistaken, Park Royal is in the Borough of Brent and if I were a member of the Hammersmith Council Committee I would be engaging with the club pretty quickly.
They will not want to lose a community asset to another Borough especially one with money. The LCS proposal good gain some very quick traction in my view. The club may of just strengthened their hand.
Old Oak plans changed on 11:23 - Jan 14 with 3040 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Old Oak plans changed on 01:55 - Jan 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry if there was, I never saw it. The article I linked in was only published a few days ago.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 2:18]

Fair enough, I just thought I had seen it somewhere.
Old Oak plans changed on 21:02 - Jan 15 with 2522 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Old Oak plans changed on 18:06 - Jan 13 by kingo

Not sure that's quite true as there was a Compulsory Purchase Order on Car Giant Land. At best the owner could claim the value of the land as well as the costs involved in acquiring and moving to a new property.
Old Oak plans changed on 22:23 - Jan 15 with 2393 viewskingo

Old Oak plans changed on 21:02 - Jan 15 by Benny_the_Ball

Not sure that's quite true as there was a Compulsory Purchase Order on Car Giant Land. At best the owner could claim the value of the land as well as the costs involved in acquiring and moving to a new property.

That is what he was fighting. He put forward his own plans and wanted to develop on his own. He won his case but they then advised that they were going to move the development plan away and as such he could only develop his land as business.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 22:31]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024