Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speed Cameras on motorways 13:33 - Jan 14 with 4067 viewsGloucs_R

The M4 has miles of average speed cameras now, as they build the new managed motorways. Are these Cameras switched on? I see people going through the roadworks doing 60 or 70.... Are they thick or do they know something I don't?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Speed Cameras on motorways on 01:30 - Jan 15 with 1214 viewskarl

Speed Cameras on motorways on 00:55 - Jan 15 by LythamR

The average speed cameras on the A9 made me cry when they were introduced and still do, they have absolutely screwed that road in the summer as not enough cars can get past the lorries on the duel carriageway sections because the lead cars dont boot it past the lorries like they used to for fear of tripping the cameras particularly those that dont know the road well.

The smart motorway section between stoke and Knutsford on the M6 has improved it significantly but as others have said i wouldnt fancy having a major breakdown and not being able to reach an emergency bay

What really gets my goat are people passing me doing 60 through roadworks and then passing them them doing 73 in the middle lane further up on a clear stretch of road.

Absolutely true about the overtaking, what too few seem to realise is that the dual carriageway bits are not in the average camera scope, it's only the single carriageway 60mph bits that are picked, they can hammer on at 90mph so long as no police about!
I'll contradict myself a bit here though and say that day time driving in the summer has got a little quicker imo as your standard slower driver seems to have upped their game and do cruise nearer to 60 than before, perhaps they're more aware what they're doing now all the chat is about averaging 60?
Winter at night totally different as there's nobody on the road!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 1:33]
Speed Cameras on motorways on 08:09 - Jan 15 with 1139 viewsTheChef

Speed Cameras on motorways on 14:20 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Managed/smart motorways one of the biggest cons going.

Very interesting piece in the Sunday Times this week about how many people have been killed on the hard shoulder since they started opening it up to "smart/managed" traffic.

Yeah, not so smart unfortunately.

These days anything with the word 'smart' added means just another method for THEM to control you.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Speed Cameras on motorways on 08:27 - Jan 15 with 1127 viewsenfieldargh

Speed Cameras on motorways on 14:25 - Jan 14 by LongsufferingR

Yes, friend of mine got done for avg speed of 58 in a 50 mph roadworks section. They rely on people not knowing which ones are actually switched on, so sticking to the limit all the way through.

so they are not average speed cameras, its just an isolated speed camera amongst many. So if you are doing over the speed limit for that live camera then its not an average its just a regular sp30

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Speed Cameras on motorways on 11:17 - Jan 15 with 1055 viewsLongsufferingR

Speed Cameras on motorways on 08:27 - Jan 15 by enfieldargh

so they are not average speed cameras, its just an isolated speed camera amongst many. So if you are doing over the speed limit for that live camera then its not an average its just a regular sp30

Yes they are. His speed was registered as 58mph average between camera 1 and camera 2. You never know which ones are operational though, so the two clocking your average speed may be the 3rd and 6th cameras you pass, or the 1st and 2nd etc etc
Speed Cameras on motorways on 05:11 - Jan 17 with 925 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Speed Cameras on motorways on 08:09 - Jan 15 by TheChef

These days anything with the word 'smart' added means just another method for THEM to control you.

Yep,
Smart Motorway
Smart Meter
Smart Arse
Speed Cameras on motorways on 17:48 - Jan 17 with 836 viewsR_from_afar

Donkeys years ago, back in the 80s in fact, a university friend's elderly relative drove over to see him. There were no smart motorways then, naturellement...

He asked them how the drive was and the relative replied: "Oh, very smooth. We stuck to the inside of the four lanes all the way and there wasn't a thing in it". True story

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Speed Cameras on motorways on 18:53 - Jan 17 with 818 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Speed Cameras on motorways on 08:09 - Jan 15 by TheChef

Speed Cameras on motorways on 19:23 - Jan 17 with 791 viewsenfieldargh

so is Alexa a smart way of

monitoring your likes
listening to your private conversations
watching you
I wont have one although I'm wondering if they get all this from my iphone

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Speed Cameras on motorways on 01:36 - Jan 27 with 683 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Speed Cameras on motorways on 14:20 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Managed/smart motorways one of the biggest cons going.

Very interesting piece in the Sunday Times this week about how many people have been killed on the hard shoulder since they started opening it up to "smart/managed" traffic.

Information obtained by Panorama highlights just how much more dangerous smart motorways are compared to traditional motorways with hard shoulders.

On the M25 the number of near misses has increased 20-fold. 38 killed on smart motorways already.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51236375

The article contains a chilling audio of a man and his family being struck by a lorry after breaking down on a smart section of the M6. It also includes the tragic tale of a young boy who was killed on the smart M6 on his way home from visiting his critically ill brother. The boy was taken to the same hospital as his brother.

It beggars belief that politicians continue to overlook the startlingly obvious; shutting down hard shoulders makes breakdowns on smart motorways extremely dangerous.
Speed Cameras on motorways on 02:02 - Jan 27 with 678 viewsBoston

The use of a hard shoulder as an additional lane during the ‘Rush Hours’ is a common practice in Massachusetts. Don’t hear any negative comments, maybe drivers have just become familiar with this.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Speed Cameras on motorways on 08:54 - Jan 27 with 603 viewswestberksr

Speed Cameras on motorways on 14:22 - Jan 14 by Ned_Kennedys

Would be interesting to know if anyone on here knows of anyone who has ever been done by average speed check cameras.

Mate of mine on M4

Assumed they weren't switched on and gradually went through quicker, eventually the envelope arrived; not sure how far over the 50 he was going though.

I'm on the M4 all the time and generally set cruise at 56 (54 real speed on satnav), and have been fine.
Speed Cameras on motorways on 09:11 - Jan 27 with 591 viewsflynnbo

Speed Cameras on motorways on 08:54 - Jan 27 by westberksr

Mate of mine on M4

Assumed they weren't switched on and gradually went through quicker, eventually the envelope arrived; not sure how far over the 50 he was going though.

I'm on the M4 all the time and generally set cruise at 56 (54 real speed on satnav), and have been fine.

Assume you didn’t mean to drop the “d” after “fine “😉
Speed Cameras on motorways on 10:46 - Jan 27 with 539 viewsRangersDave

Speed Cameras on motorways on 19:23 - Jan 17 by enfieldargh

so is Alexa a smart way of

monitoring your likes
listening to your private conversations
watching you
I wont have one although I'm wondering if they get all this from my iphone

certainly any thing 'smart' is monitoring you.
We know from recent reports that
alexa has recoded and sent voice files of you and whoever is with you chatting, having sex etc

This is, like a club card at tesco a way of monitoring you.

Right now i wont touch anything smart apart from my phone and i-pad, and my laptop has the mike hole and camera hole covered with a plaster. my lap top is shut down every night, but still starts up and i hear the hard drive whirl all by itself.

Sky does the same.

They know everything...tesco knows how often you shop, and for what.....that data gets used by them, and sold to others, who then collate with other shops and sell the compete data.
The motorways monitor you now..... the police have ANPR cameras everywhere so although they are looking for 'bad uns' who's to say that within the organisation they arent collating all number plates and someone isnt collating your journeys, times you out of the house.

Anything that used blue tooth to talk to something is possibly collecting info..... your ring doorbell..... face recognition?

Its all big brother that we have all walked into , eyes open, on the premiss that this all makes our lives easier. Bollocks, its leads us further down the up and coming Chinese system of knowing everything about you and monitoring your every move with their face recognition and their rewards and fines' for good/bad behaviour linked to it.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024