Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masterson 08:44 - Jan 16 with 9189 viewskingo

There are obviously a few articles and interviews with MW floating around. One saying he is going out on loan and another saying we won’t be signing a cb. I wonder if the timings of these could mean that Masterson won’t now be going on loan, therefore we don’t need another cb as MW thinks he can now see game time for young Masterson.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Masterson on 15:00 - Jan 18 with 2768 viewsMedwayR

His performance today reminded me of peak Richard Dunne. Got his head to every corner or cross into the box, decent on the ball, played with his head as well as his heart. Only one small error which could've cost us but let's not dwell on that.

Poll: Who’s better?

Masterson on 15:06 - Jan 18 with 2730 viewsBklynRanger

Colossal performance, or at least colossal enough. Bramford has to be a confidence builder for any aspiring young CB.

He seems to be well up for it too - dropped to his knees at the whistle, fist pumping at the end with the supporters. All good stuff.

Total speculation but I wonder if Amit, Tony etc have been pushing to have MW play him rather than send out on loan? Seems to fit with some of the talk from Amit in his interview about how bringing in another player might keep one of our young prospects out of the team.
Masterson on 15:06 - Jan 18 with 2727 viewsDorse

Masterson: clearly Beckenbauer and Baresi's lovechild

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Masterson on 15:10 - Jan 18 with 2697 viewshubble

I might be getting carried away, but I see a future Alan McDonald in young Conor.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Masterson on 15:14 - Jan 18 with 2663 viewsnumptydumpty

Fine performance from yourself Conor

Good lad

Strong most definitely but also very conifdent display and great to see a young defender not only playing well but actually a commanding presence and barking out instructions also - please stay for rest of season - on this performance deserves a starting berth

Almost forgot Barbet was here but I guess we have a few options - hoping Hall stays injury free but I fear that is unlikely.

Great performance today though - well played my son !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Masterson on 15:22 - Jan 18 with 2609 viewsNed_Kennedys

He played with a confidence that belied his lack of first team football, summed up when he broke out of defence and kept running forward rather than look to offload straight away.
Great performance and didn't look out of place at all.
Masterson on 15:42 - Jan 18 with 2524 viewsLongsufferingR

So calm and so confident. Nothing seems to worry him and I loved his reaction on the final whistle. On his knees, fists clenched as though we had won the league. Tremendous.
Masterson on 16:26 - Jan 18 with 2401 viewsrsonist

Really good, couldn't fault him. And big credit to Warburton for picking him when Leistner was fit - especially after urging caution so long - a huge call paid off handsomely.
Login to get fewer ads

Masterson on 16:31 - Jan 18 with 2371 viewsPinnerPaul

Thought it improved Hall as well, who was my MOTM.
Masterson on 17:33 - Jan 18 with 2279 viewsterryb

The first time I've seen him & I was very impressed.

He is mature & not afraid to talk. IMO he pushed Hall all the way for man of the match.
Masterson on 17:39 - Jan 18 with 2232 viewsHunterhoop

Masterson on 17:33 - Jan 18 by terryb

The first time I've seen him & I was very impressed.

He is mature & not afraid to talk. IMO he pushed Hall all the way for man of the match.

In my view, he was far better than Hall.

It was Masterson heading everything clear in the second half, and Hall bollocksed up several clearances in the first half, and played Kane into trouble twice. Conor made one error getting rolled by Bamford.

Obviously both played well - not taking anything away from Hall - but Masterson looked the better centre half to me.
Masterson on 17:42 - Jan 18 with 2203 viewsLblock

Future Captain

Not lightning quick but he’ll learn to read the game and give himself a yard.
One or two errors today but a great find and I like the cut of him from what I’ve seen.

Could he be saving the club £2mill which could be used to secure Wells???

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Masterson on 18:42 - Jan 18 with 2080 viewsBeckenhamhoop

When Masterson drove forward into the opposition half in the second half with the ball at his feet it reminded of what Leistner does and what Onouha used to do. Except that Masterson didn’t get easily dispossessed, leaving us prone to a quick counterattack. He showed maturity beyond his years and bought a cheap free kick by getting himself fouled. A small but significant difference.

I predict, if fit, he’ll start the remainder of fixtures at CB.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 18:51]
Masterson on 19:18 - Jan 18 with 1969 viewsGloucs_R

Just a reminder... Liverpool paid £900k for him at the age of 16.....

Sterling, Eze, Masterson.....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Masterson on 19:28 - Jan 18 with 1913 viewsThe_Seer

He signed a 2 year deal in July 19. We need to sort out a new contract asap.
Masterson on 19:39 - Jan 18 with 1888 viewsGloucs_R

Masterson on 19:28 - Jan 18 by The_Seer

He signed a 2 year deal in July 19. We need to sort out a new contract asap.

We will almost certainly have another year option on top of that

Poll: Are we staying up?

Masterson on 13:27 - Jan 19 with 1579 viewsfrancisbowles

Masterson on 15:10 - Jan 18 by hubble

I might be getting carried away, but I see a future Alan McDonald in young Conor.

The club legend Alan McDonald who had to go on loan to Charlton as we had Fenwick, Wicks, Hazell and Roeder.

We have BFG, Barbet, Hall and others who can cover. A loan might still be best for him and us long term. Still got about 10 days and two fixtures to decide.
Masterson on 13:36 - Jan 19 with 1556 viewsCamberleyR

Gaffer's view:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-ready-to-scrap-transfer-plans-after

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Masterson on 13:47 - Jan 19 with 1528 viewskensalriser

Masterson on 13:36 - Jan 19 by CamberleyR

Gaffer's view:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-ready-to-scrap-transfer-plans-after

Encouraging.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Masterson on 14:33 - Jan 19 with 1491 viewsderbyhoop

I can't believe he was being kept out of the Liverpool side by Virgil Van Dijk!!!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Masterson on 18:26 - Jan 19 with 1361 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Early days but on the evidence so far looks a real find. Has all the basic attributes (height, athleticism, composure, communication and positioning). With games and careful guidance he could be some player.
Masterson on 18:44 - Jan 19 with 1326 viewsWrightUp5hit___

To me it's Conor's attitude that has made MW reconsider. He now knows that mentally the lad has the right character to succeed

“You saw Conor’s response. He was excellent. The most pleasing thing for me was that he thoroughly enjoyed it. He loved it.

“He loved playing, he loved the competition and the challenge. All credit to him.”

Add to that the relationship he seems to have rapidly built up with the crowd and the fist pumping and You R's.

He's got the job
Masterson on 21:23 - Jan 19 with 1223 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Masterson on 18:44 - Jan 19 by WrightUp5hit___

To me it's Conor's attitude that has made MW reconsider. He now knows that mentally the lad has the right character to succeed

“You saw Conor’s response. He was excellent. The most pleasing thing for me was that he thoroughly enjoyed it. He loved it.

“He loved playing, he loved the competition and the challenge. All credit to him.”

Add to that the relationship he seems to have rapidly built up with the crowd and the fist pumping and You R's.

He's got the job

Good points.

However, a word of caution, maybe - both Lumley and Manning were praised quite rightly for their confidence and maturity when they broke through but have since had spells of indecision. I would allow the same latitude for Masterson. The road to success is never a straight line.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Masterson on 21:27 - Jan 19 with 1210 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Masterson on 21:23 - Jan 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Good points.

However, a word of caution, maybe - both Lumley and Manning were praised quite rightly for their confidence and maturity when they broke through but have since had spells of indecision. I would allow the same latitude for Masterson. The road to success is never a straight line.

Very true and an excellent point to remember downstream when Masterson suffers an inevitable blip. However I would add that this latitude has remained with Manning despite recent performances but the nature and frequency of Lumley's errors this season has exhausted any credit he had in the bank.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:31]
Masterson on 00:20 - Jan 20 with 1135 viewsnumptydumpty

Masterson on 21:27 - Jan 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Very true and an excellent point to remember downstream when Masterson suffers an inevitable blip. However I would add that this latitude has remained with Manning despite recent performances but the nature and frequency of Lumley's errors this season has exhausted any credit he had in the bank.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:31]

Manning though been played out of position in all reality the boy is a midfielder as shown by his stats as a left back in that his attacking senses are far better than his defensive qualities. Lumley has had his confidence shot but certain posters on various websites and social media have surely fuelled the flames as well.

lets hope when the inevitable bad spell happens fans in general are supportive and hopeful as to divisive and cruel - its almost certainly a high contributing factor to lumleys troubles - never understand this type of support from fans - like its going to help !!!!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024