Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cultural Differences 23:24 - Jan 16 with 4522 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chatting to a new girl at work from Colombia today about football traditions in Latin America and UK respectively.

She mentioned a quaint Columbian football tradition of eating Empanadas at a match. I mentioned a quaint English custom of singing about tickling arses with Celery.

She doesn't make eye contact with me any more.

Cultural Differences on 22:32 - Jan 17 with 962 viewskensalriser

A very tasty and nutritious snack, the sunflower seed. Like the peanut, much better toasted than raw.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Cultural Differences on 22:40 - Jan 17 with 948 viewsMrSheen

Cultural Differences on 22:32 - Jan 17 by kensalriser

A very tasty and nutritious snack, the sunflower seed. Like the peanut, much better toasted than raw.

I went to the cinema in Belgrade on a school exchange in the 70s and people ate sunflower seeds all night. You had to wade through the shells on the way out.
Cultural Differences on 23:23 - Jan 17 with 924 viewsBoston

Cultural Differences on 22:32 - Jan 17 by kensalriser

I eat them occasionally, widely available in the USofA, they’re ok.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cultural Differences on 02:13 - Jan 18 with 884 viewsPlanetHonneywood

1. Best halftime snack (by a mile) - roast pork legs that were sliced off the joint by a huge woman wielding a massive sword in La Paz, Bolivia. Straight into a roll with either homemade red or green chilli sauce. Any queue jumpers saw the woman stop slicing and pointing the sword at the miscreant and then to the back of the line.

2. Weirdest pre- during and post-game snack: deep fried tarantulas at games in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Four years there, couldn’t look at a local chowing down on one, much less order one!

3. Most politically (in)sensitive act: River Plate and pre-game parade of fans with a huge banner declaring ‘Malvinas con Argentina!’ Tended to lignite the locals somewhat. In fact, I seem to recall this happening at other games in Argentina. And HK7’s where for some reason everyone boos the French from start to finish!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Cultural Differences on 05:57 - Jan 18 with 829 viewsLoftgirl

Cultural Differences on 02:13 - Jan 18 by PlanetHonneywood

1. Best halftime snack (by a mile) - roast pork legs that were sliced off the joint by a huge woman wielding a massive sword in La Paz, Bolivia. Straight into a roll with either homemade red or green chilli sauce. Any queue jumpers saw the woman stop slicing and pointing the sword at the miscreant and then to the back of the line.

2. Weirdest pre- during and post-game snack: deep fried tarantulas at games in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Four years there, couldn’t look at a local chowing down on one, much less order one!

3. Most politically (in)sensitive act: River Plate and pre-game parade of fans with a huge banner declaring ‘Malvinas con Argentina!’ Tended to lignite the locals somewhat. In fact, I seem to recall this happening at other games in Argentina. And HK7’s where for some reason everyone boos the French from start to finish!

No reasons needed to boo the French.
Cultural Differences on 10:56 - Jan 18 with 729 viewsA40Bosh

Cultural Differences on 08:30 - Jan 17 by Metallica_Hoop

I took a half Colombian/half Venezuelan girl to St Albans for non-league day.

She loved the giant, tasteless, white van grease burger. I had one it was...special I'll give it that. It certainly wasn't meat, It made McD's look like a gourmet burger.

I took her to the beer festival at Olympia years ago and she said that many Venezuelan males in a room would result in a fight.

You could take that as a cultural difference of a drinking kind.

Is that a lost verse from Pulp’s Common People ?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Cultural Differences on 11:22 - Jan 18 with 713 viewsToast_R

Sparta Prague served a sausage on a paper plate with a teaspoon's worth of dijon mustard and a slice of brown bread. Naturally I bought one, it was like a sausage dabbed in mustard with a slice of brown bread. Not what an American would call a Beans on Toast moment. They also had a Licenced McDonalds vendor selling only Cheeseburgers from a bin type container.
Cultural Differences on 15:19 - Jan 18 with 692 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cultural Differences on 10:56 - Jan 18 by A40Bosh

Is that a lost verse from Pulp’s Common People ?

I'm now singing that new verse in my head.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Cultural Differences on 11:13 - Jan 19 with 638 viewsericgen34

Vendanger - meaning harvesting grapes - is a french football expression meaning wasting chances in a very crap way

It was nicely demonstrated by Bamford yesterday
Cultural Differences on 11:19 - Jan 19 with 633 viewsPommyhoop

The Ozzie Pukka Pie.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024