Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man of the match kelly 14:30 - Jan 18 with 14809 viewssouthbrookstreet

Well done kelly
Man of the match kelly on 10:31 - Jan 19 with 1727 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man of the match kelly on 10:23 - Jan 19 by paulparker

I don’t know this forum wasn’t around then
But when you went to games did you tell your mates how crap ready was and point out he was a mistake ready to happen

Of course.

But not after a win and for the 28th time.
Man of the match kelly on 10:42 - Jan 19 with 1696 viewspaulparker

Man of the match kelly on 10:31 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Of course.

But not after a win and for the 28th time.

Your not getting it Baz
I didn’t come out and say brilliant result oh and by the way lumley is Sh1t
I was talking as if I was like any other fan after in the pub in saying that if lumley had played I don’t think he would have saved the pen and we would have gone on to most likely lose
That’s an opinion on a football message board about the back up keeper
I’ve also come out and said lumley has cost us points and said he has been playing crap I don’t think what I’ve said has been OTT or not justified because he has been our worse player this season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Man of the match kelly on 10:48 - Jan 19 with 1680 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man of the match kelly on 10:42 - Jan 19 by paulparker

Your not getting it Baz
I didn’t come out and say brilliant result oh and by the way lumley is Sh1t
I was talking as if I was like any other fan after in the pub in saying that if lumley had played I don’t think he would have saved the pen and we would have gone on to most likely lose
That’s an opinion on a football message board about the back up keeper
I’ve also come out and said lumley has cost us points and said he has been playing crap I don’t think what I’ve said has been OTT or not justified because he has been our worse player this season

‘I didn’t come out and say brilliant result oh and by the way lumley is Sh1t’

That is exactly what you did in so many words! And again it’s not about criticism of Lumley or anyone else, it’s the continual slow torture of doing it over and over again in the hope that eventually everyone will come to be as angry about him as you are.

Take a look through your comments since that Bristol game in August and you’ll see how much time and effort you have spent.

Let’s leave it there because I’m starting to do the same thing.
Man of the match kelly on 10:51 - Jan 19 with 1675 viewsDejR_vu

In fairness Lumley has been struggling for a while and it’s only been in the last few weeks that patience has worn thin. Up until then there were a few grumbles but most were defending him. I think the dam burst after Cardiff and the chatter got louder, and then louder again when he kept his place. Having been replaced it’s only natural for a comparison to be made between the two. Given Kelly had a good game and did something first time that Lumley’s failed to do on about a dozen occasions, and something it could reasonably be argued won us points when the criticism of Lumley has been that he’s been costing us goals/points, I think it’s natural that the view on Kelly is going to be positive and consequently it’s not going to be great for Lumley. That doesn’t mean by expressing that view you’re hammering Lumley though.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Man of the match kelly on 11:26 - Jan 19 with 1646 viewsRalf85

Before the game, we saw the team choice. As soon as we saw Kelly's name on the sheet we relaxed and looked forward to the game. We knew that he could make intelligent decisions. He made several important saves. In addition he knew when to come off his goal line to assist his defence. Fingers crossed he remains in goal for us.
Man of the match kelly on 11:31 - Jan 19 with 1627 viewsfrancisbowles

Man of the match kelly on 11:26 - Jan 19 by Ralf85

Before the game, we saw the team choice. As soon as we saw Kelly's name on the sheet we relaxed and looked forward to the game. We knew that he could make intelligent decisions. He made several important saves. In addition he knew when to come off his goal line to assist his defence. Fingers crossed he remains in goal for us.

Did he? My one criticism of him would be the time he came out very far and left what should have been a very simple lob for Bamford.

He did play very well though and scored a good few points against his critics who had written off after hardly seeing him play.
Man of the match kelly on 11:37 - Jan 19 with 1615 viewspaulparker

Man of the match kelly on 10:48 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘I didn’t come out and say brilliant result oh and by the way lumley is Sh1t’

That is exactly what you did in so many words! And again it’s not about criticism of Lumley or anyone else, it’s the continual slow torture of doing it over and over again in the hope that eventually everyone will come to be as angry about him as you are.

Take a look through your comments since that Bristol game in August and you’ll see how much time and effort you have spent.

Let’s leave it there because I’m starting to do the same thing.

I’m not angry about him ,i just think he is crap and have joined in the conversation about him, anyway don’t you think it’s a bit rich talking about time and effort on threads you have hijacked pretty much most threads on this board ever since the election we can’t move for pie charts and “statistics “ your on a crusade to disagree with everyone so your right let’s leave it there
I’m off for a family walk and a couple of pints
Have a good day

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Man of the match kelly on 11:48 - Jan 19 with 1591 viewsNov77

Man of the match kelly on 11:31 - Jan 19 by francisbowles

Did he? My one criticism of him would be the time he came out very far and left what should have been a very simple lob for Bamford.

He did play very well though and scored a good few points against his critics who had written off after hardly seeing him play.

Was going to make the same point, if Bamford had finished that easy chance people would have been saying what the hell was he doing out there?

Also, gave the ref a decision to make by getting too close to Bamford and allowing him to DIVE and con the ref.

Made up for it though with an excellent save.

Not convinced he’s the answer long term but better than Lumley at the moment.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Man of the match kelly on 11:52 - Jan 19 with 1582 viewsdistortR

Man of the match kelly on 11:31 - Jan 19 by francisbowles

kelly coming so far off his line when Bamford was through - couldn't work out if it was dodgy keeping or a plan to rush a player out of form.
Man of the match kelly on 12:06 - Jan 19 with 1540 viewsMedwayR

Kelly has been quick off his line in his other games too, clearly a tactic to close the angle and rush the opposition. Works well most of the time but he’ll get caught out eventually.

Poll: Who’s better?

Man of the match kelly on 12:15 - Jan 19 with 1527 viewsjohncharles

Man of the match kelly on 10:51 - Jan 19 by DejR_vu

In fairness Lumley has been struggling for a while and it’s only been in the last few weeks that patience has worn thin. Up until then there were a few grumbles but most were defending him. I think the dam burst after Cardiff and the chatter got louder, and then louder again when he kept his place. Having been replaced it’s only natural for a comparison to be made between the two. Given Kelly had a good game and did something first time that Lumley’s failed to do on about a dozen occasions, and something it could reasonably be argued won us points when the criticism of Lumley has been that he’s been costing us goals/points, I think it’s natural that the view on Kelly is going to be positive and consequently it’s not going to be great for Lumley. That doesn’t mean by expressing that view you’re hammering Lumley though.

Far too reasonable and even handed for this thread

Strong and stable my arse.

Man of the match kelly on 12:18 - Jan 19 with 1518 viewsrsonist

Man of the match kelly on 11:48 - Jan 19 by Nov77

Was going to make the same point, if Bamford had finished that easy chance people would have been saying what the hell was he doing out there?

Also, gave the ref a decision to make by getting too close to Bamford and allowing him to DIVE and con the ref.

Spot on.
Man of the match kelly on 12:21 - Jan 19 with 1512 viewsjohncharles

Man of the match kelly on 12:06 - Jan 19 by MedwayR

Kelly has been quick off his line in his other games too, clearly a tactic to close the angle and rush the opposition. Works well most of the time but he’ll get caught out eventually.

Your every silver lining has a cloud 😢

Man of the match kelly on 12:30 - Jan 19 with 1491 viewsNed_Kennedys

Definitely better than staying rooted to the line most of the time like his predecessor though.
Man of the match kelly on 12:56 - Jan 19 with 1466 viewsterryb

Man of the match kelly on 10:11 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

I did laugh when I saw the "original" in the sixties.

It was St John who scored from the rebound then!
Man of the match kelly on 14:27 - Jan 19 with 1424 viewsderbyhoop

Devil's advocate.
Kelly wasn't MOM for me.
Yes, he saved a penalty. That he gave away.
The only other times I can recall was kicking one away with his feet from Bamford in the 1st half, and the long ranger from Phillips that he needed 2 grabs to hold.

The 2 CBs deserved it more. Masterson v sold and Hall immense - especially 2nd half.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Man of the match kelly on 14:56 - Jan 19 with 1391 viewsstevec

It was an absolute pleasure to see a goalkeeper of ours not only save a penalty but catch the ball, in his arms, and hold onto it.

What sorcery is this?
Man of the match kelly on 15:31 - Jan 19 with 1345 viewsOldPedro

Coming off his line quickly forces the striker to shoot early - if Bamford had managed to chip it into the goal, it would have been a good finish.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Man of the match kelly on 16:13 - Jan 19 with 1304 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Man of the match kelly on 14:27 - Jan 19 by derbyhoop

Devil's advocate.
Kelly wasn't MOM for me.
Yes, he saved a penalty. That he gave away.
The only other times I can recall was kicking one away with his feet from Bamford in the 1st half, and the long ranger from Phillips that he needed 2 grabs to hold.

The 2 CBs deserved it more. Masterson v sold and Hall immense - especially 2nd half.

I agree. Also thought he was too far out for the one Bamford tried to lob.

Then again, it was Bamford...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Man of the match kelly on 16:21 - Jan 19 with 1287 viewsterryb

I think it says a fair bit about our performance that at least four players have been nominated on this thread as MOM - Kelly, Hall, Masterson & BOS.

The others gave us 100% as well!
Man of the match kelly on 16:46 - Jan 19 with 1242 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man of the match kelly on 16:21 - Jan 19 by terryb

I think it says a fair bit about our performance that at least four players have been nominated on this thread as MOM - Kelly, Hall, Masterson & BOS.

The others gave us 100% as well!

All relatively young and homegrown too.

The system is working.
Man of the match kelly on 17:05 - Jan 19 with 1205 viewsjohncharles

Man of the match kelly on 16:13 - Jan 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree. Also thought he was too far out for the one Bamford tried to lob.

Then again, it was Bamford...

Kelly tipped the ball over the bar very early on in the game avoiding a disastrous start. Don’t think he was too far out for the Bamford “lob”. The alternative would have been to stay on his line and give Bambi a straightforward shooting chance. He forced Bamford into trying the lob.
Saved a penalty (which was a dive) and kept the first clean sheet in living memory.
Not saying he should be MOTM, there were other good contenders but happy enough for him to get it

Man of the match kelly on 17:26 - Jan 19 with 1183 viewsdistortR

Man of the match kelly on 17:05 - Jan 19 by johncharles

Kelly tipped the ball over the bar very early on in the game avoiding a disastrous start. Don’t think he was too far out for the Bamford “lob”. The alternative would have been to stay on his line and give Bambi a straightforward shooting chance. He forced Bamford into trying the lob.
Saved a penalty (which was a dive) and kept the first clean sheet in living memory.
Not saying he should be MOTM, there were other good contenders but happy enough for him to get it

for the penalty, if bamfords touch wasn't so bad kelly probably gets to the ball first. He guessed where bamford wanted to go, but didn't allow for quite how shit he is!!
Man of the match kelly on 18:12 - Jan 19 with 1135 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Man of the match kelly on 11:48 - Jan 19 by Nov77

And that's all the matters for now. It's nothing personal, just common sense use of your squad. In the same way that Wallace had to wait for his chance because Manning was playing well, Kelly deserves his opportunity because Lumley has been so poor. No, he's not the messiah but is better suited to MW's style. He exuded confidence and the defence appear to have more confidence in him.

Lest we forget, yesterday was only our third clean sheet of the season against a team that is flying high and enjoyed the bulk of possession. Despite the second half onslaught, at no point did I think QPR would buckle; Leeds would have to win the game on merit. This feeling of assurance was a far cry from the meek surrender at Brentford a mere 1 week ago.
Man of the match kelly on 18:23 - Jan 19 with 1123 viewskarl

Man of the match kelly on 17:26 - Jan 19 by distortR

for the penalty, if bamfords touch wasn't so bad kelly probably gets to the ball first. He guessed where bamford wanted to go, but didn't allow for quite how shit he is!!

I had a theory at the start of the season that there was a potential that Lumley was getting first pick in goals to have the opportunity of selling him later in the season or at the end of it. Kelly would then get promoted with Dieng recalled from loan to continue a little bit of conveyor belt on the goalkeepers but unfortunately Lumley losing form and his confidence has pretty much blown that since Lumley value will now probably be League 1 rather than top Championship or lower Prem understudy.
Shame as there is definitely good business sense in that and I'm sure both keepers were pretty equally backed by the support at the start of the season.
Anyway that's my theory as to how Lumley was so well supported by the manager
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024