Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton 18:12 - Jan 18 with 3437 viewsBobbi66

Great credit to you today,team selection was spot on today.Good performance all round worked out socks off ,back four solid. Masterson looks good can't loan him out now
Warburton on 08:58 - Jan 19 with 2523 viewsNorthantsHoop

Totally agree, he got the set up just right and the subs were used well. For me Masterson is the new jewel in that defence. He has had a couple of tough introductions at Brentford 2nd half and yesterday and come through with flying colours.
Warburton on 09:35 - Jan 19 with 2439 viewsBlackCrowe

He went ballistic with a supporter in the East paddock who shouted out criticism of our playing out from the back and not hoofing, and then immediately after that we played it out again and had a very good attack. The poor supporter (who's actually decent bloke) looked majorly sheepish, and MB continued to give him his best Paddington Bear stare.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Warburton on 09:37 - Jan 19 with 2429 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I was sceptical about Warburton, mainly because I was sick of the sacking go round.

Now I’m looking at Rangers and wondering what they did to fck things up with him.

I’m convinced he’ll take us up one day.
Warburton on 11:00 - Jan 19 with 2297 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton on 09:37 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

I was sceptical about Warburton, mainly because I was sick of the sacking go round.

Now I’m looking at Rangers and wondering what they did to fck things up with him.

I’m convinced he’ll take us up one day.

I think we’ll look back and say it was one of those ‘right place, right time’ moments for both him and the club. He just seems a perfect fit for everything we’re trying to do.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton on 11:05 - Jan 19 with 2285 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warburton on 11:00 - Jan 19 by DejR_vu

I think we’ll look back and say it was one of those ‘right place, right time’ moments for both him and the club. He just seems a perfect fit for everything we’re trying to do.

He’s the first City banker I’ve been in favour of that’s for sure.
Warburton on 12:44 - Jan 19 with 2188 viewsDavieQPR

Warburton on 11:05 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

He’s the first City banker I’ve been in favour of that’s for sure.

Yeah. Most of our ex Managers have been 'Merchant Bankers'.
Warburton on 13:11 - Jan 19 with 2115 viewsdaveB

Full credit to him for playing Masterson yesterday, he has stuck all season with players who if they earn the shirt they stay in he side, he did it with manning and now Masterson when the easier decision was just bring back leinster.

The playing out from the back was really good yesterday but fans are still getting on players backs when they do it, utterly bizarre.

Aim for rest of the season now must be to get a top 10 finish and look to build on that next season
Warburton on 14:17 - Jan 19 with 2050 viewsnix

Warburton on 13:11 - Jan 19 by daveB

Full credit to him for playing Masterson yesterday, he has stuck all season with players who if they earn the shirt they stay in he side, he did it with manning and now Masterson when the easier decision was just bring back leinster.

The playing out from the back was really good yesterday but fans are still getting on players backs when they do it, utterly bizarre.

Aim for rest of the season now must be to get a top 10 finish and look to build on that next season

It would be pointless to hoof it up with our forward line, without Hughill to hold the ball up. Otherwise our forwards are tiny and Leeds backline is huge.

There may be times when they play it around a bit too much. But some fans get on their back immediately shouting at them to move it forward when they've only just got the ball. I can't think it's helpful and actually a bit off putting.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton on 14:22 - Jan 19 with 2030 viewsHantsR

My mate was telling me the other day that he and MW went to the same school. Other alumni included Dame Eieen Atkins, Bruce Forsyth and Johnny Haynes.

Thought you might like a nice non sequitur on this sunny day.
Warburton on 14:42 - Jan 19 with 1986 viewsNed_Kennedys

Warburton on 14:17 - Jan 19 by nix

It would be pointless to hoof it up with our forward line, without Hughill to hold the ball up. Otherwise our forwards are tiny and Leeds backline is huge.

There may be times when they play it around a bit too much. But some fans get on their back immediately shouting at them to move it forward when they've only just got the ball. I can't think it's helpful and actually a bit off putting.

If professional footballers get put off by fans shouting out bollox from the stands they are in the wrong job.
Warburton on 14:43 - Jan 19 with 1985 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warburton on 14:17 - Jan 19 by nix

I find the grommishing of the crowd quite funny when we get in a tight spot passing out from the back.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warburton on 15:00 - Jan 19 with 1931 viewsWatfordR

Warburton on 14:42 - Jan 19 by Ned_Kennedys

If professional footballers get put off by fans shouting out bollox from the stands they are in the wrong job.

Similarly, if fans think that by shouting bollix at players they are supposed to be supporting helps their team, they’re in the wrong state of mind.
Warburton on 15:12 - Jan 19 with 1885 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Totally agree, yesterday he played the side he should have started with in that barstard Hounslow hovel. The defence and keeper were great and I enjoy the playing from the back as it invariably though not always leads to one of your young attackers doing something positive on the ball. I’m really enjoying this season, the club ethos and the. Buzz of the place, I see Warby Warbs as a long term appointment bringing on lots of home grown talent and playing entertaining football. Fcuk the premiership for now let’s watch some decent football, players and even a cup run??
Cheers Mark, Les and Lee, my team is on the up!!
Cmon you Rs
Warburton on 15:33 - Jan 19 with 1839 viewsHantsR

Warburton on 14:43 - Jan 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

I find the grommishing of the crowd quite funny when we get in a tight spot passing out from the back.

Grommishing is always funny
Warburton on 15:48 - Jan 19 with 1790 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warburton on 14:42 - Jan 19 by Ned_Kennedys

People who shout bollix at players are sad acts.
Warburton on 15:50 - Jan 19 with 1777 viewsNed_Kennedys

Warburton on 15:48 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

People who shout bollix at players are sad acts.

As are those who do it at politicians.
Warburton on 15:56 - Jan 19 with 1759 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warburton on 15:50 - Jan 19 by Ned_Kennedys

As are those who do it at politicians.

Agreed. Glad to see you out supporting the lovely Diane.

Warburton on 16:40 - Jan 19 with 1664 viewsnix

Warburton on 14:43 - Jan 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

What's grommishing? 🤷🏽‍♀️
Warburton on 16:48 - Jan 19 with 1640 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warburton on 16:40 - Jan 19 by nix

What's grommishing? 🤷🏽‍♀️

Great word that, new to me but I'll steal that one!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton on 16:56 - Jan 19 with 1614 viewsPunteR

Warburton on 09:35 - Jan 19 by BlackCrowe

He went ballistic with a supporter in the East paddock who shouted out criticism of our playing out from the back and not hoofing, and then immediately after that we played it out again and had a very good attack. The poor supporter (who's actually decent bloke) looked majorly sheepish, and MB continued to give him his best Paddington Bear stare.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warburton on 17:01 - Jan 19 with 1591 viewsHantsR

Warburton on 15:33 - Jan 19 by HantsR

Grommishing is always funny

I think I probably talk too much during matches so in future I'm only going to grommish. I think it's general crowd murmurs, as used in stage or film dramas. Assuming so, I guess it's the same as crowd extras murmuring 'rhubarb rhubarb' in days gone by.

I was going to go on to describe a fantastic murmuration I watched last week, but I'll stick to grommishing for the time being.

Returning to topic, I like MW and shook his hand on appreciation a couple of weeks ago.
Warburton on 18:16 - Jan 19 with 1501 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warburton on 15:56 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agreed. Glad to see you out supporting the lovely Diane.

Yet another irrelevant graph (rolls eyes up to the sky a la the lovely Diane).
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 18:20]
Warburton on 18:19 - Jan 19 with 1491 viewsBenny_the_Ball

MW clearly learned lessons from the Brentford debacle and got the team selection and tactics just about right yesterday.
Warburton on 18:43 - Jan 19 with 1462 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warburton on 18:16 - Jan 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Yet another irrelevant graph (rolls eyes up to the sky a la the lovely Diane).
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 18:20]

🎣
Warburton on 19:01 - Jan 19 with 1431 viewsT_Block

All I can add is if all you can do is off and blind at our players, yes you are a sad act and should not bother going.The club has NO money all we can do is support what are either very young to young men in a high pressure job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024