Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who should partner Masterson at CB? 11:10 - Jan 19 with 867 viewsHastings_Hoops

When fully fit, who should be Masterson’s CB partner?

Hall?
Leistner?
Barbet?
Who should partner Masterson at CB? on 11:17 - Jan 19 with 834 viewsWatford_Ranger

Think people are getting a bit over-excited as the defence has generally been so awful this season. Great if he can play a part for the rest of the season but he doesn’t suddenly become first name on the team sheet. Expect at least one of those three to go in the Summer so it’s vital he’s ready for a bigger role next season.
Who should partner Masterson at CB? on 11:17 - Jan 19 with 834 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We have to be careful with this lad.

He looks immense, but as soon as the piss and vinegar adrenaline rush subsides he may have a bad game now and again in which we need to support him and not get on his back like we have with others.

Exciting times, and in answer to the OP’s question, Leistner for me. An angry German up your arse for 90 minutes will keep you on your toes. My mate in Düsseldorf prison told me that.
Who should partner Masterson at CB? on 11:27 - Jan 19 with 783 viewsfrancisbowles

Who should partner Masterson at CB? on 11:17 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

We have to be careful with this lad.

He looks immense, but as soon as the piss and vinegar adrenaline rush subsides he may have a bad game now and again in which we need to support him and not get on his back like we have with others.

Exciting times, and in answer to the OP’s question, Leistner for me. An angry German up your arse for 90 minutes will keep you on your toes. My mate in Düsseldorf prison told me that.

Agree with that Baz, Warburton has a real conundrum now he really needs games, will he get them here? If he does and his form drops, as it surely will, will the reaction set the player back? Can we manage without him and send him out on loan to a top league one club who will guarantee him games?

What I found particularly impressive is that on his full league debut, he played on what would to be his weaker side of the middle as he seems right footed.
Who should partner Masterson at CB? on 11:37 - Jan 19 with 750 viewsHastings_Hoops

Who should partner Masterson at CB? on 11:17 - Jan 19 by Watford_Ranger

Think people are getting a bit over-excited as the defence has generally been so awful this season. Great if he can play a part for the rest of the season but he doesn’t suddenly become first name on the team sheet. Expect at least one of those three to go in the Summer so it’s vital he’s ready for a bigger role next season.

Not suggesting he’s the first name on the sheet at all but, as for the reasons you state (the defence has been so awful) he certainly should be the first name at CB - which is quite a different statement/question.
Who should partner Masterson at CB? on 11:40 - Jan 19 with 737 viewsDejR_vu

Who should partner Masterson at CB? on 11:37 - Jan 19 by Hastings_Hoops

Not suggesting he’s the first name on the sheet at all but, as for the reasons you state (the defence has been so awful) he certainly should be the first name at CB - which is quite a different statement/question.

I think Leistner has to play whichever of the others play. He’s the only real hard-nut we’ve got. Without him I think we’re leaving ourselves open to being bullied. He has his deficiencies but I think he’s a better player than he’s often given credit for.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Who should partner Masterson at CB? on 11:46 - Jan 19 with 718 viewsrsonist

JFC why can't people just be normal.
Who should partner Masterson at CB? on 13:27 - Jan 19 with 570 viewsderbyhoop

Completely OTT.
He's had 2.5 senior games.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024