Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amateur photography for wedding 11:48 - Jan 19 with 1952 viewsDrewster

Bear with me on this.
I’m getting married in September (second time for both of us) and we are looking for a photographer who isn’t going to charge the bloody earth but can at least get some decent snaps for us.
We are seeing quotes of 750-1000 upwards and this to me seems a little over the top.
Anyone out there able to help, or know anyone who would be interested? Marriage and reception is in Weybridge, i can cover local costs and provide food during the day.
Maybe someone has a son/daughter who is studying photography and would like to add this to their portfolio perhaps and get paid as well?
Drop me a PM if you can help.

Cheers
Drew
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 11:53]
Amateur photography for wedding on 11:59 - Jan 19 with 1920 viewsJuzzie

Before having kids I used to be well into photography (and football and motorbikes and......) and i used to go on a forum and when this type of question came up, which it often did, the overwhelming response was DON’T.

It’s a once in a lifetime day, hopefully, (twice in your cases!) and if they don’t get the pictures right you lost the moment forever. If the missus is banking on it being the day of her life she might not be very forgiving if the pictures are awful.

It’s not a case of sticking the camera on Auto and snapping away. There’s composition, framing, rule of thirds, angles etc etc. Its quite complex and not for the inexperienced. That’s why professionals can charge this amount. They usually have thousands of pound worth of camera & lenses.

A sub-£500 camera of any kind just wont cut it.

You might be ok with all of this, just don’t expect anything amazing.

Good luck on the day :)
Amateur photography for wedding on 12:06 - Jan 19 with 1906 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A couple I know just gave disposables to the guests and told them to crack on.

Hilarious results, especially from the kids.

Congratulations to you both by the way. Have a fantastic day.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 12:36]
Amateur photography for wedding on 12:13 - Jan 19 with 1889 viewsDrewster

Amateur photography for wedding on 11:59 - Jan 19 by Juzzie

Before having kids I used to be well into photography (and football and motorbikes and......) and i used to go on a forum and when this type of question came up, which it often did, the overwhelming response was DON’T.

It’s a once in a lifetime day, hopefully, (twice in your cases!) and if they don’t get the pictures right you lost the moment forever. If the missus is banking on it being the day of her life she might not be very forgiving if the pictures are awful.

It’s not a case of sticking the camera on Auto and snapping away. There’s composition, framing, rule of thirds, angles etc etc. Its quite complex and not for the inexperienced. That’s why professionals can charge this amount. They usually have thousands of pound worth of camera & lenses.

A sub-£500 camera of any kind just wont cut it.

You might be ok with all of this, just don’t expect anything amazing.

Good luck on the day :)

Appreciate the feedback mate.
We just want to capture the day, rather than having Lord Snowden portraits.
I’ve seen a few portfolios of some ‘professionals’ and quite frankly I could do better with my Fuji X10 which is primarily a street photography camera.
Amateur photography for wedding on 12:20 - Jan 19 with 1876 viewsRangersDave

sent you a PM mate

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Amateur photography for wedding on 12:32 - Jan 19 with 1858 viewsScarecrow

Hi Drew

Have PM'd you

Scarecrow
Amateur photography for wedding on 12:19 - Jan 20 with 1696 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Amateur photography for wedding on 12:06 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

A couple I know just gave disposables to the guests and told them to crack on.

Hilarious results, especially from the kids.

Congratulations to you both by the way. Have a fantastic day.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 12:36]

I also had friends who left disposables on tables and produced some great snaps; albeit that there were some clearly taken by people whose photography skills ended at pointing the camera the right way.

Doubt anyone has done it cheaper and with less fuss than Mrs PH and myself. Eloped to HK and as we needed two witnesses, the celebrant brought her hubby and mother. Neither of whom spoke a word of the Queen's, but the hubby was a total natural with a smartphone. Few taps, upload at the printers...job done!

Either way, do as you see fit because if you're both happy happy on the day, any fukwit should be able to capture that because like Shakira's hips, the camera does not lie....good luck to you and your intended.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Amateur photography for wedding on 12:47 - Jan 20 with 1653 viewsBoston

Harry Redknapp is available.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 12:48]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Amateur photography for wedding on 13:00 - Jan 20 with 1613 viewsLoftgirl

Amateur photography for wedding on 12:47 - Jan 20 by Boston

Harry Redknapp is available.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 12:48]

Triffic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024