Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Focusing on the league - Preview 05:31 - Jan 28 with 1666 viewsNorthernr

Focusing on the league - Preview 28th Jan 2020 05:30
Having meekly dipped out of the FA Cup on Friday as per usual, it's all eyes and pressure on fourteenth placed QPR on Tuesday night as they face what the manager has described as a "vitally important" league game at promotion rivals Blackburn. 12

Focusing on the league - Preview on 16:54 - Jan 28 with 1093 viewsNoelmc

Spot on analysis Clive of why the Club should have prioritised Friday's FA Cup match instead of tonight.

I'd love to think that MW, Les & Lee Hoos had the opportunity to see and digest it, but I doubt that.
However, thanks very much for so articulately summing up how the majority of fans feel about it.
Focusing on the league - Preview on 18:41 - Jan 28 with 973 viewsSnipper

100% spot on Clive.

I’m still pìssed off about Friday. We’d probably have got a good beating from Man City, as Pep Guardiola treats the cup with respect, and always puts out a strong team.

But look at all the bloody money we’re missing out on. The tv and gate money would’ve been massive.
Focusing on the league - Preview on 19:49 - Jan 28 with 909 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, that nails it.

I've been mildly angry once this season - thought our midfield was lazy at one of the Christmas games - and properly angry once as well - last Friday.

For the exact reasons you stated.

Thank you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Focusing on the league - Preview on 22:49 - Jan 28 with 834 viewsMancR

Prophetic, pointed and perfect.
Focusing on the league - Preview on 22:57 - Jan 28 with 831 viewsManinBlack

Great article I couldn't agree more with all you have written. A club that says we can't afford to buy Wells, no money, tighten belts etc, and threw away a cup tie missing out on a big payday as a result, just to save players for what seems to be the annual away defeat at Ewood Park. Even getting a draw there seems beyond us each season but then our away form is starting to flounder again. It drives me to despair.

I fear that soon with nothing to play for the players will pack it in mentally so we end up losing later in the season to relegation candidates Barnsley, Wigan and Luton, like we did last season to Bolton and Rotherham as they will have plenty to fight for. Can I bear another miserable end to the season spoiling the good work prior to Brentford?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:58]
Focusing on the league - Preview on 01:58 - Jan 29 with 781 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks Clive - great article.

At the moment we seem to be happy to be mediocre - which is a bit sad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024