Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alastair Stewart... 18:44 - Jan 29 with 7372 viewsToast_R

Longest serving newsreader on TV , lost his job over an alleged racist Tweet

Stop the world, I want to get off.....
Alastair Stewart... on 18:52 - Jan 29 with 3663 viewsbosh67

Indeed. Very sad. Daft thing to do but far too easy to destroy someone’s career and livelihood in a social media moment. 30 plus years gone in a tweet! Ridiculous really! If I was famous or on tv I would ditch any social media and live in a hole in the road. Bloody luxury! If that’s not offensive to roads?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 18:53]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Alastair Stewart... on 19:06 - Jan 29 with 3580 viewssmegma

What did he actually do ??
Alastair Stewart... on 19:07 - Jan 29 with 3576 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Apparently

"They were locked in a debate on social media over the financial relationship between the Crown and the taxpayer when the presenter replied with an obscure quote from Shakespeare's Measure for Measure.

In the string of tweets Mr Stewart wrote: “But man, proud man, Dress'd in a little brief authority Most ignorant of what he's most assur'd - His glassy essence–like an angry ape Plays such fantastic tricks before high heaven

"As makes the angels weep; who, with our spleens, Would all themselves laugh mortal.”

Mr Stewart has used the same Shakespeare quote in at least one other exchange with a Twitter user who wasn't identifiably black.

But Mr Shapland shared the tweet, calling the presenter a "disgrace" for using the quote that appeared to use a racial slur against him.

He later tweeted: "Just an ITV newsreader referred to me as an ape with the cover of Shakespeare."
Alastair Stewart... on 19:09 - Jan 29 with 3564 viewsstowmarketrange

He didn’t lose his job 30 years ago for drink driving,but now it’s gone in the blink of a eye.
We used to see him quite often post up on the last train out of Waterloo back in the 80’s
Alastair Stewart... on 19:22 - Jan 29 with 3494 viewsjohncharles

Seems to me it’s Shakespeare’s fault. Check out “The Merchant of Venice”
Shakespeare must be banned from all schools and Libraries and Universities. We must take to the streets and burn his books.

Strong and stable my arse.

Alastair Stewart... on 19:37 - Jan 29 with 3408 viewsbosh67

Alastair Stewart... on 19:07 - Jan 29 by WrightUp5hit___

Apparently

"They were locked in a debate on social media over the financial relationship between the Crown and the taxpayer when the presenter replied with an obscure quote from Shakespeare's Measure for Measure.

In the string of tweets Mr Stewart wrote: “But man, proud man, Dress'd in a little brief authority Most ignorant of what he's most assur'd - His glassy essence–like an angry ape Plays such fantastic tricks before high heaven

"As makes the angels weep; who, with our spleens, Would all themselves laugh mortal.”

Mr Stewart has used the same Shakespeare quote in at least one other exchange with a Twitter user who wasn't identifiably black.

But Mr Shapland shared the tweet, calling the presenter a "disgrace" for using the quote that appeared to use a racial slur against him.

He later tweeted: "Just an ITV newsreader referred to me as an ape with the cover of Shakespeare."

How utterly ridiculous.

I suppose if he had used the quote "Is this a dagger I see before me?" he would have been sacked for knife crime.

Our world have gone f*cking mad!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Alastair Stewart... on 19:50 - Jan 29 with 3352 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Should have called him an errant hedge-born skainsmate or a pribbling idle- headed giglet as used to be the fashion on dotorg all those years ago.

Courtesy of a Shakespearean insult generator
Alastair Stewart... on 19:56 - Jan 29 with 3324 viewsstevec

Alastair Stewart... on 19:22 - Jan 29 by johncharles

Shakespeare must be banned from all schools and Libraries and Universities. We must take to the streets and burn his books.

Having seen a few of his plays you’d be doing us all a favour.
Login to get fewer ads

Alastair Stewart... on 19:57 - Jan 29 with 3320 viewsNorthernr

Alastair Stewart... on 19:56 - Jan 29 by stevec

Having seen a few of his plays you’d be doing us all a favour.

Overrated.
Alastair Stewart... on 20:07 - Jan 29 with 3276 viewsstevec

Alastair Stewart... on 19:57 - Jan 29 by Northernr

Overrated.

And overacted.

Normally I’d side with the victim in a case like this but anyone who chooses to respond with a quote from Shakespeare deserves everything coming to them.
Alastair Stewart... on 20:11 - Jan 29 with 3252 viewskensalriser

Can't be that difficult to avoid references to primates when debating with people, can it?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Alastair Stewart... on 20:14 - Jan 29 with 3224 viewsjohncharles

I always thought the difference between humans and apes was that humans have a sense of humour.
Guess I was wrong.

Alastair Stewart... on 20:18 - Jan 29 with 3209 viewssmegma

Alastair Stewart... on 19:22 - Jan 29 by johncharles

As Carol Vorderman once said 'Shakespeare is as dull as ditch water'. I'd go further and say it's a load of b0ll0cks.
Alastair Stewart... on 20:24 - Jan 29 with 3175 viewsjohncharles

Alastair Stewart... on 20:18 - Jan 29 by smegma

As Carol Vorderman once said 'Shakespeare is as dull as ditch water'. I'd go further and say it's a load of b0ll0cks.

Not read Titus Andronicus then ?
Anything but dull. 😱☠️😱☠️😱☠️
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 20:29]

Alastair Stewart... on 20:24 - Jan 29 with 3172 viewsBoston

Alastair Stewart... on 20:18 - Jan 29 by smegma

Shakespeare’s sister was a bit of alright though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Alastair Stewart... on 20:42 - Jan 29 with 3109 viewsHooparoo

Alastair Stewart... on 20:07 - Jan 29 by stevec

And overacted.

Normally I’d side with the victim in a case like this but anyone who chooses to respond with a quote from Shakespeare deserves everything coming to them.

Google everyday Shakespeare phrases and you’ll see that we all quote Shakespeare everyday all over the English speaking world.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Alastair Stewart... on 20:47 - Jan 29 with 3080 viewssmegma

Alastair Stewart... on 20:24 - Jan 29 by johncharles

At grammar school , I hated English lit when we had to read Shakespeare. We would take a book home to read then have to give our opinion in class. I used to listen to other kids opinions and write them down/copy them. When it came to my turn I would rehash what class mates had said the week / month before. I hated English lit. I preferred reading things like Dr Dolittle.
Alastair Stewart... on 20:49 - Jan 29 with 3066 viewsqprxtc

Lord, what fools these mortals be.

Shakespeare

Dad, I fink I got it wrong again.

Dick Emery
Alastair Stewart... on 20:51 - Jan 29 with 3050 viewsted_hendrix

As an avid reader of all things Shakespeare my all time favourite Shakespeare quote is "Beware the Ides of February."

My second all time favourite quote is from the play Paradise City, "And suddenly, suddenly he did a little syncopole or a drop-it and how, or something he did and caused a jerkit over a pimplode and I've been suffering ever since!"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Alastair Stewart... on 21:25 - Jan 29 with 2933 viewsenfieldargh

we are such stuff as dreams are made of

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Alastair Stewart... on 00:33 - Jan 30 with 2860 viewsBoston

Alastair Stewart... on 20:24 - Jan 29 by johncharles

It’s not all about tits though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Alastair Stewart... on 00:45 - Jan 30 with 2847 viewsDavieQPR

Why do people even think of going on Twitter is beyond me.
Alastair Stewart... on 00:48 - Jan 30 with 2843 viewsjohncharles

Alastair Stewart... on 20:47 - Jan 29 by smegma

At grammar school , I hated English lit when we had to read Shakespeare. We would take a book home to read then have to give our opinion in class. I used to listen to other kids opinions and write them down/copy them. When it came to my turn I would rehash what class mates had said the week / month before. I hated English lit. I preferred reading things like Dr Dolittle.

Just read the summary in Wiki

Alastair Stewart... on 08:15 - Jan 30 with 2655 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The usual middle class Liberal outrage about a dubious Twitter post following decades and centuries of ignoring the disproportionate poverty, lifespan, employment, and access to services that black people in this country suffer.

Not a fcking clue if Alastair Stewart is racist or not but I know for the sure the state is. Tackle the structural racism then the petty stuff.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 8:18]
Alastair Stewart... on 08:58 - Jan 30 with 2586 viewsToast_R

Alastair Stewart... on 08:15 - Jan 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

The usual middle class Liberal outrage about a dubious Twitter post following decades and centuries of ignoring the disproportionate poverty, lifespan, employment, and access to services that black people in this country suffer.

Not a fcking clue if Alastair Stewart is racist or not but I know for the sure the state is. Tackle the structural racism then the petty stuff.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 8:18]

But these easily offended fukwits are doing far reaching damage to tackling racism.

We used to react to racism and call it out. Now people are actively seeking it out where it doesn't exist.

[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 9:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024