Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The stench of complacency 17:20 - Feb 1 with 5077 viewsslmrstid

In the car leaving LR...need my rant.

The place stinks of complacency, not from the players, those who run this club.

I feel for Warburton, he's been put in an absolutely impossible situation for the rest of the season. Any bad result, he'll cop the blame, yet its the board of this club who have left him with a paper thin squad with just 2 strikers, basically phoning in the rest of the season, hoping we'll fluke our way to safety (we can get sucked in so easy, our 2/3 month form is dreadful). Meanwhile us lot who work 40+ hour weejs are expected to keep parting with our hard earned, and a much greater % of our income than any board member going.

Very much giving the impression we are having everything flogged off and trying to get whatever money out they can whilst they can.

Fernandes and his ilk have been an absolute disgrace to this club.

I hate being negative, but as a fan I am furious with those who run our club, and actually feel for the management and playing staff.

The stench of complacency on 17:32 - Feb 1 with 3574 viewssuperhoopdownunder

According to Twitter Fernandes may be in trouble anyway

Beyond that I am happy we still have Eze, BOS, Masterson and Chair

Good performance second half - deserved a win

Bristol City not very impressive
If that is a Top 6 team we have nothing to fear from anyone

U R's
The stench of complacency on 17:38 - Feb 1 with 3520 views1MoreBrightonR

First half left me very worried about the rest of the season but the second was a lot better. City stopped pressing us and we really deserved a draw. Most obvious positive for me was Clarke when he came on.... Unrecognisable from the previous appearances and three incredible balls in to the box.
The stench of complacency on 17:41 - Feb 1 with 3488 viewsManinBlack

We know Bristol City are not that good. They lost 3-0 to Luton and 4-0 at home to Brentford. Still we have kindly donated 6 points to them this season as they are becoming another team, like Brentford, Fulham, Blackburn, Forest, Preston, whom we seem to lose too as an annual ritual.

Wigan's unexpected win at Leeds now means we are only 9 points above the drop zone as we wobble towards the end of the season believing we are safe.
The stench of complacency on 17:42 - Feb 1 with 3481 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The stench of complacency on 17:38 - Feb 1 by 1MoreBrightonR

First half left me very worried about the rest of the season but the second was a lot better. City stopped pressing us and we really deserved a draw. Most obvious positive for me was Clarke when he came on.... Unrecognisable from the previous appearances and three incredible balls in to the box.

100% agree - they were fantastic crosses from Clarke
The stench of complacency on 17:56 - Feb 1 with 3373 viewsMaggsinho

The stench of complacency on 17:41 - Feb 1 by ManinBlack

We know Bristol City are not that good. They lost 3-0 to Luton and 4-0 at home to Brentford. Still we have kindly donated 6 points to them this season as they are becoming another team, like Brentford, Fulham, Blackburn, Forest, Preston, whom we seem to lose too as an annual ritual.

Wigan's unexpected win at Leeds now means we are only 9 points above the drop zone as we wobble towards the end of the season believing we are safe.

Bristol are sixth in the table though so can’t be too bad.
The stench of complacency on 17:56 - Feb 1 with 3366 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The stench of complacency on 17:41 - Feb 1 by ManinBlack

to be fair wobbling to avoid relegation with Eze, BOS, Masterson and Chair is not good enough
We had a great opportunity to make much more of this season
It has been enjoyable but frustrating to not realise our potential
The stench of complacency on 18:18 - Feb 1 with 3213 viewsMatch82

The stench of complacency on 17:56 - Feb 1 by superhoopdownunder

to be fair wobbling to avoid relegation with Eze, BOS, Masterson and Chair is not good enough
We had a great opportunity to make much more of this season
It has been enjoyable but frustrating to not realise our potential

Young players though mate. Masterson and Chair hadn't started a professional game before this year. BOS had started what, 10 for us?

If anything I look at it as us having found 3 legitimate starters that we didn't have at the beginning of the year. Now next year I agree, if we keep those 4, and ideally supplement them, we should be pushing on.
The stench of complacency on 18:29 - Feb 1 with 3141 viewsdistortR

The stench of complacency on 18:18 - Feb 1 by Match82

Young players though mate. Masterson and Chair hadn't started a professional game before this year. BOS had started what, 10 for us?

If anything I look at it as us having found 3 legitimate starters that we didn't have at the beginning of the year. Now next year I agree, if we keep those 4, and ideally supplement them, we should be pushing on.

chair made 4 appearances in 2017/18.
Login to get fewer ads

The stench of complacency on 18:36 - Feb 1 with 3095 viewsMatch82

The stench of complacency on 18:29 - Feb 1 by distortR

chair made 4 appearances in 2017/18.

Wouldn't say that made him an established first team player personally
The stench of complacency on 18:39 - Feb 1 with 3076 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Remember when Venables became our manager and he brought the whole Palace team.

Well Warburton has at least 4 players good enough to take us up - maybe more Kelly was better today

Depends on the owners do they really fancy another run in the Premier League?

Does Uncle Tony have other matters to attend to first?

Not sure?
The stench of complacency on 18:40 - Feb 1 with 3058 viewsgazza1

We are starting to run the club properly which we should respect. The way the club has been run for the last 'x' years could not continue.
The stench of complacency on 19:08 - Feb 1 with 2943 viewsslmrstid

The stench of complacency on 18:40 - Feb 1 by gazza1

We are starting to run the club properly which we should respect. The way the club has been run for the last 'x' years could not continue.

I was more than happy with our summer but I cant accept 'being run properly ' is attempting to shift every player going with zero apparent intention for any incomings.

(Or any development elsewhere come to that, training ground, stadium etc...)
The stench of complacency on 19:12 - Feb 1 with 2897 viewspaulparker

We are doing the same as we did last year i.e giving up in February that first half was a disgrace
We were so slow and lacked any urgency and creativity it was embarrassing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The stench of complacency on 19:18 - Feb 1 with 2853 viewsdistortR

The stench of complacency on 18:36 - Feb 1 by Match82

Wouldn't say that made him an established first team player personally

I was just pointing out that he didn't make his debut this year.
The stench of complacency on 19:19 - Feb 1 with 2845 viewsStreathamRanger

The stench of complacency on 19:12 - Feb 1 by paulparker

We are doing the same as we did last year i.e giving up in February that first half was a disgrace
We were so slow and lacked any urgency and creativity it was embarrassing

I don't think that's fair. They struggled with the conditions in the first half as it prevented them from switching the ball quickly.
Second half was always going to be better with wind in our favour. They cleared 2 or 3 off the line. Ref allowed their CB to push anyone he wanted in the box. They were gutted in the end. Didn't look like they'd given up just unlucky to not get at least a point that the performance deserved.
The stench of complacency on 19:23 - Feb 1 with 2819 viewspaulparker

The stench of complacency on 19:19 - Feb 1 by StreathamRanger

I don't think that's fair. They struggled with the conditions in the first half as it prevented them from switching the ball quickly.
Second half was always going to be better with wind in our favour. They cleared 2 or 3 off the line. Ref allowed their CB to push anyone he wanted in the box. They were gutted in the end. Didn't look like they'd given up just unlucky to not get at least a point that the performance deserved.

Disagree
The wind had nothing to do with them miss placing passes and being a yard off the pace
I’ve lost count the amount of games we have started at a snails pace
We didn’t deserve anything today we didn’t start playing until the 80 minute

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The stench of complacency on 19:26 - Feb 1 with 2799 viewsMatch82

The stench of complacency on 19:18 - Feb 1 by distortR

I was just pointing out that he didn't make his debut this year.

Fair enough, yes I was wrong about that. Broader point about them getting established still holds though
The stench of complacency on 19:27 - Feb 1 with 2790 viewsdistortR

The stench of complacency on 19:26 - Feb 1 by Match82

Fair enough, yes I was wrong about that. Broader point about them getting established still holds though

agreed
The stench of complacency on 19:32 - Feb 1 with 2760 viewsMatch82

The stench of complacency on 19:08 - Feb 1 by slmrstid

I was more than happy with our summer but I cant accept 'being run properly ' is attempting to shift every player going with zero apparent intention for any incomings.

(Or any development elsewhere come to that, training ground, stadium etc...)

Given the choice of losing Wells and Leistener or BOS and Eze I know which I would have preferred. We've also sent a message to the league that we aren't going to let them go cheap. Seems I'm in the minority here but I was happy with that transfer window, though would have preferred to get at least SOME other option up front, even if that was keeping mlakar
The stench of complacency on 19:38 - Feb 1 with 2729 viewsStreathamRanger

The stench of complacency on 19:23 - Feb 1 by paulparker

Disagree
The wind had nothing to do with them miss placing passes and being a yard off the pace

I'm guessing you probably get to more games than me so I can't really argue with your sense of frustration if you go week in week out. It was frustrating today, largely because I feel we didn't get what we deserved. We were better throughout the second half, not just the last 10 minutes. It obviously doesn't guarantee you anything but we had around 70% possession. I like that we have a team who are almost all comfortable on the ball and will knock it around (backwards if necessary) to try and create an opening. Don't forget we were paying Onouha a bloody fortune to shit himself every time he had the ball a year or two ago.
The stench of complacency on 19:42 - Feb 1 with 2701 viewsjohncharles

Not bothered too much about the playoffs more worried about relegation. We dropped 3 home points today. We can’t keep doing that and keep making excuses. Today it was because Nakhi Wells had gone to Bristol blah blah. We could have won that but it seems okay that we lost.
What’s next week’s excuse ? Answers on a postcard.

Strong and stable my arse.

The stench of complacency on 19:42 - Feb 1 with 2698 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The stench of complacency on 19:23 - Feb 1 by paulparker

Disagree

I thought we were too slow in the first half and didn't go long, run in behind them or run at them. Just a bit too predictable.

But I thought that we were good from:

0-13 (their goal, which allowed them to retreat)
45-65 bossed the game
75-95

Well deserving of a point at least today but they defended very well to be fair.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The stench of complacency on 19:49 - Feb 1 with 2656 viewsStreathamRanger

The stench of complacency on 19:42 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought we were too slow in the first half and didn't go long, run in behind them or run at them. Just a bit too predictable.

But I thought that we were good from:

0-13 (their goal, which allowed them to retreat)
45-65 bossed the game
75-95

Well deserving of a point at least today but they defended very well to be fair.

Being at the game, you got a real feel for how much the wind dictated the game. It was so hard to go long or run in behind them in the first half as the ball would just hold up in the wind if you tried to go over the top. As a result BC were able to play much higher up the pitch and put us under pressure.

Pretty much the exact same thing happened the other way around in the second half we just couldn't quite get the ball in the net.

That's how I saw it from behind the goal in the Lower Loft although the bloody crossbar kept blocking my line of sight.
The stench of complacency on 19:53 - Feb 1 with 2615 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The stench of complacency on 19:49 - Feb 1 by StreathamRanger

Being at the game, you got a real feel for how much the wind dictated the game. It was so hard to go long or run in behind them in the first half as the ball would just hold up in the wind if you tried to go over the top. As a result BC were able to play much higher up the pitch and put us under pressure.

Pretty much the exact same thing happened the other way around in the second half we just couldn't quite get the ball in the net.

That's how I saw it from behind the goal in the Lower Loft although the bloody crossbar kept blocking my line of sight.

Good info, thanks for that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The stench of complacency on 20:44 - Feb 1 with 2388 views1MoreBrightonR

They also stopped pressing us in the second half and allowed us to play. Made a massive difference
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024