Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterdays goal 15:57 - Feb 2 with 2956 viewsPikey

Good cross and a good header but the goalie should be better positioned to get a hand to that
Yesterdays goal on 16:22 - Feb 2 with 2122 viewsBoston

Disagree. How many times do you see a goal scored like that? Everybody and their dog would have thought he'd have chested it down before taking a pop with his right foot. Great opportunist goal, can't see any blame with Kelly.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Yesterdays goal on 16:25 - Feb 2 with 2119 viewstraininvain

My feeling at the time was a taller keeper would’ve saved it. Reminded me a bit of Courtois comment about Pickford at the last World Cup. Not seen a replay of yesterday’s goal so possibly harsh.
Yesterdays goal on 16:35 - Feb 2 with 2079 viewsbosh67

Nah, have watched it a number of times. Each time I've gone, 'F*ck, that's a brilliant header!" and it was. Unsaveable. Sometimes you've just got to accept a brilliant finish.

That said we do get punished 110% out of 100% for mistakes. Eze not coming short to take the pass and then we get done. Very unfortunate but we do get unnaturally punished.

That Diédhiou bloke at £5.7m is one hell of a player. Reminded me of Furlong in his pomp. Tremendous player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yesterdays goal on 16:49 - Feb 2 with 2047 viewsPinnerPaul

Agree with Bosh , MOTM by a country mile.

In today's market c £6M seems fair for him.
Yesterdays goal on 16:58 - Feb 2 with 2017 viewsGloucs_R

Great header. End of.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Yesterdays goal on 16:59 - Feb 2 with 2002 viewstraininvain

Yesterdays goal on 16:35 - Feb 2 by bosh67

Nah, have watched it a number of times. Each time I've gone, 'F*ck, that's a brilliant header!" and it was. Unsaveable. Sometimes you've just got to accept a brilliant finish.

That said we do get punished 110% out of 100% for mistakes. Eze not coming short to take the pass and then we get done. Very unfortunate but we do get unnaturally punished.

That Diédhiou bloke at £5.7m is one hell of a player. Reminded me of Furlong in his pomp. Tremendous player.

Diédhiou also put in a big challenge late on to stop us scoring what looked like a nailed on goal. He was the difference between the two teams.
Yesterdays goal on 17:02 - Feb 2 with 1992 viewsWatford_Ranger

Was far more annoyed with Hall’s shocking choice of pass to give it away.
Yesterdays goal on 17:15 - Feb 2 with 1961 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Tremendous header obviously but we were right behind the flight of the ball. It didn't go right in the corner and was within Kelly's reach. We were surprised Kelly didn't get something on it, at the time. Looking at the replays gives a greater impression of speed and power but I think a better goalie would probably have saved it.

Another player probably goes towards the pass and stops the goal at source. Eze is thinking attack. That's how he is. Thank goodness.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 17:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterdays goal on 17:21 - Feb 2 with 1930 viewsloftboy

Yesterdays goal on 17:15 - Feb 2 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Tremendous header obviously but we were right behind the flight of the ball. It didn't go right in the corner and was within Kelly's reach. We were surprised Kelly didn't get something on it, at the time. Looking at the replays gives a greater impression of speed and power but I think a better goalie would probably have saved it.

Another player probably goes towards the pass and stops the goal at source. Eze is thinking attack. That's how he is. Thank goodness.

As kids we were taught “move to the ball” don’t wait for it, have to blame Eze for that one as he stood and waited. Probably the first goal he’s cost us all season so can’t be to harsh on him.
And as for the original post,it was fantastic header and had it been one of oursscoring it would have been crowing about it for weeks, proper centre forward header.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 17:23]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Yesterdays goal on 17:23 - Feb 2 with 1931 viewsnix

Yesterdays goal on 17:02 - Feb 2 by Watford_Ranger

And then not closing down for the header.
Yesterdays goal on 17:26 - Feb 2 with 1920 viewsRanger1208

Yesterdays goal on 17:15 - Feb 2 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Rather then blame Kelly, and marvel over the finish, how about the time and space he was given. I Think it was our captain who gave him the freedom of Shepherds Bush. If only we had a big German centre back who’s good in the air.
Yesterdays goal on 17:27 - Feb 2 with 1910 viewsflynnbo

Not Kelly's fault at all. Why look for blame rather than give credit for a very good header?
Yesterdays goal on 17:27 - Feb 2 with 1910 viewsPinnerPaul

All goals are preventable and can be traced back to one or more errors.
Yesterdays goal on 17:37 - Feb 2 with 1877 viewsgolborne

Agreed, but look at our positioning when the cross comes in. Masterson (love him, but) gets drawn towards the ball leaving Hall splitting two. Kane must have pushed up, Masterson needs to be aware of immediate dangers, like the furthest forward players.
But, also. Eze can’t gamble on the ball making it to him in difficult conditions. Needs to play safe and come to the ball.
Whilst Kelly is one of the best passers of the ball on the pitch, he’s far too small. Better than Lumley, but another 4/5 inches on the stretch for Blackburn’s first and yesterday and they’re saves. Also, header on tues went through him and let’s not forget almost gifting them a goal trying to stop a corner.
Possibly harsh, but needs the same scrutiny as Lumley. What’s good for the goose...we need a goalie, CH and striker in the summer. We can hopefully continue to develop in other areas (wise etc), but these we don’t have waiting in the wings within the broader set up.
Also also, keeping looking back and not 100% conclusive, but to me it looks like Ball looses Wells for what is the best chance of the game . He was many’s motm yesterday. Not digging him out, but if our motm is gifting the best chance of the game, there’s lots needs work from a defensive perspective.
Sounds like a really negative post, but on reflection of the game I’m so proud of that 2nd half. Didn’t create open chances and 2nd balls just didn’t drop for us, but I can guarantee that those Bristol city fans have not seen their team pass like our 2nd half all season. For some it’s about results and they’d rather win with knuckle draggers, but I’m a romantic, and I appreciate what was called a Rangers way and what commentators still harp on about. That’s why we’re the finest team, not the greatest team the world has ever seen. Hopefully, we can hang onto some of these boys and fill the gaps over the next couple of seasons. Chin up, they’re playing great football and will in time, hopefully become consistent. It’s exciting, we just got carried away with ourselves thinking we were heading for the top 6.
Yesterdays goal on 17:38 - Feb 2 with 1875 viewssmegma

And then was out of position when the ball was returned into our box, leaving Diedhou unmarked.
Yesterdays goal on 17:44 - Feb 2 with 1846 viewsLongsufferingR

Absolutely no blame attached to Kelly for that. Was directly behind the flight of the header and no goalkeeper in the world would have saved that.
Yesterdays goal on 17:48 - Feb 2 with 1825 viewstraininvain

Yesterdays goal on 17:44 - Feb 2 by LongsufferingR

Absolutely no blame attached to Kelly for that. Was directly behind the flight of the header and no goalkeeper in the world would have saved that.

The top keepers in the world are saving that all day long.
Yesterdays goal on 17:55 - Feb 2 with 1807 viewsTripleR

Yesterdays goal on 17:48 - Feb 2 by traininvain

The "Top Keepers" ain't playing in the Championship.
Yesterdays goal on 17:59 - Feb 2 with 1796 viewssmegma

No they ain't
Yesterdays goal on 18:02 - Feb 2 with 1780 viewsLongsufferingR

Maybe with a ladder and Superman pants
Yesterdays goal on 19:10 - Feb 2 with 1656 viewsWatford_Ranger

Yesterdays goal on 17:38 - Feb 2 by smegma

And then was out of position when the ball was returned into our box, leaving Diedhou unmarked.

Yep. Can’t say I’ll miss him after this season.
Yesterdays goal on 19:19 - Feb 2 with 1630 viewsMatch82

Yesterdays goal on 17:26 - Feb 2 by Ranger1208

Rather then blame Kelly, and marvel over the finish, how about the time and space he was given. I Think it was our captain who gave him the freedom of Shepherds Bush. If only we had a big German centre back who’s good in the air.

Guy was unmarked because Hall couldn't back quick enough, our former big German centre back was not exactly blessed with speed.
Yesterdays goal on 19:31 - Feb 2 with 1605 viewsWatford_Ranger

Yesterdays goal on 19:19 - Feb 2 by Match82

Guy was unmarked because Hall couldn't back quick enough, our former big German centre back was not exactly blessed with speed.

There were less risky passes on than that Steven Gerrard tribute.
Yesterdays goal on 19:36 - Feb 2 with 1594 viewsLazyFan

Hall should have been closer to make the header more difficult. One could say we gave the ball away and Hall was in an attacking mode, but a CD should be ready to high-tail it back to get in position. And he did not get anywhere near him in any time whatsoever.

Masterson showed him how it should be done again and again throughout the whole game. At this rate, Hall will be dropped, especially as Barbet is back and will probably not get renewed next year.

Masterson is showing how overpaid our so, called 1st team CD's really are.
Evil Les and Dark Hoos should take full credit.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Yesterdays goal on 19:36 - Feb 2 with 1591 viewstraininvain

Yesterdays goal on 17:55 - Feb 2 by TripleR

The "Top Keepers" ain't playing in the Championship.

And that’s why it’s probably a bit harsh to blame Kelly. But some on here saying ‘no keeper in the world is saving that’ and have to disagree.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024