Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue 22:17 - Feb 4 with 2922 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Now I doubt anyone cares about this, or my opinion, but I'm going to have a little rant.

Shrewsbury, league one team, on minimal budget, drew with league Leaders Liverpool, who had a half decent team out. The second the whistle blew, this is what I've heard:

1)Klopp moan about the replay
2)All the pundits call for replays to be scrapped
3)Klopp to announce nor he or the first team will bother showing up
4)The FA banning TV rights for the game
5)The Liverpool U'23 play and win the replay
6)All the press now saying what an amazing achievement it is for the Liverpool kids.

What haven't I heard? Shrewsbury. The League One team who drew with the best in the world. The team who can enjoy a fantastic away day in Liverpool. The team who probably put all their effort into getting the replay.

At the end of the day, Shrewsbury lost out on TV money, their chance to watch them play Liverpool away, and have got no praise for it whatsoever.

Meanwhile these Liverpool 'kids' (who will be on more money than these Shrewsbury players probably) get all the praise, whilst Liverpool get praise for completely disrespecting the cup.

They will say they didn't disrespect it, but yes, they did. They disrespected it by not showing up, and by basically embarrassing Shrewsbury in the process.

This whole farce has been embarrassing for the Cup.

Rant over.

If you want real FA Cup glory, put on Oxford give Newcastle (1st team) a right good game.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 22:42 - Feb 4 with 2860 viewsJuzzie

Same with us in that game at Man City. Little credit given that 10 man QPR nearly scuppered their title. It was all about Augueroooooooh.

Though I wouldn’t say Shrewsbury drew with the best in the world. Liverpool played their kids, not their strongest XI.
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 22:47 - Feb 4 with 2848 viewsdaveB

Klopp not turning up was a disgrace, complete toys out of the pram stuff
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 23:17 - Feb 4 with 2813 viewsRangersDave

Dont forget any ticket revenue they might have had as the scousers were giving them away , price wise, tonight
Adult and 2 kids for £15 i understand.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 23:56 - Feb 4 with 2770 viewslave16

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 23:17 - Feb 4 by RangersDave

Dont forget any ticket revenue they might have had as the scousers were giving them away , price wise, tonight

I have to agree Liverpool completely disrespected Shrewsbury and the cup - had they drew someone in the championship or lower prem would they have done this?

If there is such a thing as Karma then --- in whichever island retreat - paradise the liverpool first team happen to be in there will be an out break of the corona virus and no one will be allowed to leave for 4 months meaning liverpool will have to play their remaining fixtures for the season with thei under 23's - Klopp and co watching from a far smugly on the beach as their lead at the top of the league disappears, they tonked in the european cup and they crash out of the FA Cup....

Note:- I am wishing no harm on any liverpool players and staff here... just that karma does one on them...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 23:59 - Feb 4 with 2765 viewsbob566

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 23:17 - Feb 4 by RangersDave

Thats not fair in fairness. We're always praising QPR when they do ticket deals in the cup.

In regards to the original poster it was disrespectful of klopp not to be there but not the team. That's their right to put out who they want but the manager should have attended imho
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 08:38 - Feb 5 with 2635 viewspaulparker

The arrogance of Liverpool is on another level
They haven’t been exactly winning trophies year after year the last 20 years and if they are that concerned about fixture pile up then don’t play the champions league group stage
Also 96 Liverpool fans died at a cup semi final, fans would sell their own grandmothers to get to those games back in the day they should be aiming to win the cup every year for those who died not half arsing it off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 08:45 - Feb 5 with 2615 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bob may have a point about Liverpool being entitled to put out whatever team they like (though by making it so high-profile they have cost Shrewsbury gate and TV money, all the same), but Klopp should be there whenever Liverpool play and it's shocking form that he wasn't and he has gone down in my estimation.

As for all this crap that "Liverpool have arranged it so that he can watch the game on a laptop"....Really? Did they get NASA to help with that, like?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 08:46 - Feb 5 with 2610 viewsfrancisbowles

The fault lies with the Premier League for trying to squeeze a week off, for half of it's teams in a week where cup replays would be scheduled.

As if one week off is going to make much of a difference especially when you go longhaul as some of them have.
Login to get fewer ads

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 08:47 - Feb 5 with 2612 viewsstevec

To be fair, Premier League clubs wanted a winter break of two weeks, were granted the break partly on the basis they don’t go playing lucrative friendlies which, as far as I can see, they’ve honoured so who in their right minds allowed a situation where FAC replays would then impinge on that two week winter break?

Klopp has made an unpopular stand but brave of him to carry it through.

Meanwhile, 4 sessions this season of meaningless international breaks. Go figure.
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 08:52 - Feb 5 with 2591 viewsElHoop

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 08:38 - Feb 5 by paulparker

The arrogance of Liverpool is on another level
They haven’t been exactly winning trophies year after year the last 20 years and if they are that concerned about fixture pile up then don’t play the champions league group stage
Also 96 Liverpool fans died at a cup semi final, fans would sell their own grandmothers to get to those games back in the day they should be aiming to win the cup every year for those who died not half arsing it off

I somehow doubt that Liverpool need a lecture from us about teams who 'haven't exactly been winning trophies' - we who have taken the effing piss out of the cups for decades.

In fact Liverpool have put out a recognisable team against Shrewsbury - a team which actually exists as a team which plays together. We would have put out a scratch side made up of kids and semi-regulars and the odd regular, a side which doesn't actually exist on any sort of regular basis.

Arsenal did the same thing for many years - with some success too. We haven't heard the last of a few of these Liverpool kids, that's for sure. The scousers are way ahead of everyone else a the moment, at all levels. If they ARE arrogant, then they've got every excuse.
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 09:55 - Feb 5 with 2555 viewsdaveB

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 08:47 - Feb 5 by stevec

To be fair, Premier League clubs wanted a winter break of two weeks, were granted the break partly on the basis they don’t go playing lucrative friendlies which, as far as I can see, they’ve honoured so who in their right minds allowed a situation where FAC replays would then impinge on that two week winter break?

Klopp has made an unpopular stand but brave of him to carry it through.

Meanwhile, 4 sessions this season of meaningless international breaks. Go figure.

International breaks were Euro qualifiers so not really meaningless, the month full of friendlies in asia and the US.

If clubs really gave a shit about platers wellbeing they would cut champions league and europa, have a 4 team group playing each other once like the World Cup, one legged knockouts hard luck if you have to play away, thats more quality less quantity but instead they want to get rid of domestic cups, arseholes the lot of them.

The Winter break is a farce anyway, reason replays were in the middle was because FA Cup dates were agreed before the winter break was. Easy answer for Liverpool was to put out a strong side and beat a league one side without needing a replay
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 13:18 - Feb 5 with 2413 viewsThe_Beast1976

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 09:55 - Feb 5 by daveB

International breaks were Euro qualifiers so not really meaningless, the month full of friendlies in asia and the US.

If clubs really gave a shit about platers wellbeing they would cut champions league and europa, have a 4 team group playing each other once like the World Cup, one legged knockouts hard luck if you have to play away, thats more quality less quantity but instead they want to get rid of domestic cups, arseholes the lot of them.

The Winter break is a farce anyway, reason replays were in the middle was because FA Cup dates were agreed before the winter break was. Easy answer for Liverpool was to put out a strong side and beat a league one side without needing a replay

Winter fcu kin breaks. What a fcu kin joke. Top flight players are a bunch of complete
cn uts. Fc uk the premiershi te. Fc uk football generally really these days. Rant over.
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 13:42 - Feb 5 with 2370 viewsAntti_Heinola

I thought U23 players were all sheltered kids who couldn't put in a tackle and were pampered and would get run over by a load of lower league pros.

Bare bones.

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 13:46 - Feb 5 with 2358 viewsderbyhoop

Only when we bring them in on loan. Matt Smith and Luke Amos couldn't tackle a wet paper bag.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 14:29 - Feb 5 with 2313 viewspaesanu

Klopp's obligations are to his players and his fans. The FA fcked up here and they deservedly should be getting the stick.

If Warburton was in the same boat, I don't think we'd be against him.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 15:19 - Feb 5 with 2250 viewsElHoop

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 14:29 - Feb 5 by paesanu

Klopp's obligations are to his players and his fans. The FA fcked up here and they deservedly should be getting the stick.

If Warburton was in the same boat, I don't think we'd be against him.

Exactly - and why in god's name should Klopp be on the bench managing them either - it's not his team. It was the team that is managed by the bloke who did sit on the bench managing them.
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 15:26 - Feb 5 with 2231 viewsPinnerPaul

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 23:59 - Feb 4 by bob566

Thats not fair in fairness. We're always praising QPR when they do ticket deals in the cup.

In regards to the original poster it was disrespectful of klopp not to be there but not the team. That's their right to put out who they want but the manager should have attended imho

and it was a full house.

FA 'banned TV rights' - haven't seen that and surely would been contrary to the contracts currently in place.

Oxford v Newcastle by far the better tie to choose - both before and after the match as it turned out!
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 15:27 - Feb 5 with 2225 viewsPinnerPaul

The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 13:42 - Feb 5 by Antti_Heinola

I thought U23 players were all sheltered kids who couldn't put in a tackle and were pampered and would get run over by a load of lower league pros.

Actually it wasn't even U23s, average age 17/18 I believe.
The FA Cup/Liverpool issue on 18:06 - Feb 5 with 2140 viewsSuperhoop83

The commentator on 5 Live said immediately after the goal that losing would be a "humiliation" for Shrewsbury.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth!

Suffering since 1978.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024