Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans 16:41 - Feb 6 with 7256 viewssouthbrookstreet

He was a great player for us OK so things have not worked for him, with our young players we have I am sure things will work out... but no need for abuse
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 16:46 - Feb 6 with 5539 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Source?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 16:50 - Feb 6 with 5519 viewsaston_hoop

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 16:46 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Source?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/les-ferdinand-interview-qpr-newcastle-

presumably this interview from today

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 17:16 - Feb 6 with 5426 viewsdaveB

you only have to read facebook groups and twitter to see racial abuse towards him quite often
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 17:22 - Feb 6 with 5408 viewsJeff

There was a twitter knuckle dragger wishing the Coronavirus on all of the board (tagging them into it...) a couple of days ago...

Can we not knock it?

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 17:43 - Feb 6 with 5334 viewssmegma

"He was a great player for us OKso things have not worked for him".....he's still employed I believe. You speak as if he's been sacked, resigned or passed on.
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 17:48 - Feb 6 with 5304 viewsPunteR

"so things have not worked for him"
Not sure about that. QPR still work in progress.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 17:55 - Feb 6 with 5281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 17:16 - Feb 6 by daveB

you only have to read facebook groups and twitter to see racial abuse towards him quite often

Sad to hear, you'd like to think that these are not Rangers fans.

Sad mostly for Ferdinand, who's doing a fine job. I think things are working out for him very well.

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 17:56 - Feb 6 with 5277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 16:50 - Feb 6 by aston_hoop

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/les-ferdinand-interview-qpr-newcastle-

presumably this interview from today

Thanks, Aston.

I don't read the Standard as it's always been trashy and anti-Rangers but obvioulsy i take your word for it.

Login to get fewer ads

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 18:19 - Feb 6 with 5203 viewsjohncharles

A non story that has more to do with racism than QPR. Please ignore this crap. Life’s too short to take any notice of shite

Strong and stable my arse.

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 18:21 - Feb 6 with 5198 viewspaulparker

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 18:19 - Feb 6 by johncharles

A non story that has more to do with racism than QPR. Please ignore this crap. Life’s too short to take any notice of shite

Talking of racism

This from Scotland

Morelos chases a guy tampering with his car and journalists run the story, some of whom, infer ever so subtly that it may have been a rival teams supporters and that the suspicion was they were cutting his brake cables. Issue is reported to the police. One Rangers sympathetic journalist alludes that this is as good as attempted murder by a rival football fan.

A week later, it transpires, the police determine that the guy tampering with Morelos’ car was in fact a private investigator, hired by Morelos’ missus to track him as he’s suspected of having an affair.

On the day this story breaks, Rangers release a sky sports interview with Morelos in which he alluded to racism and difficult times he has experienced in Scotland, clearly inferring again, at the hands of Celtic fans. The interview is given in his native tongue with subtitles.

Celtic, having seen the interview and the subsequent newspaper stories about Scottish football perhaps having a racism problem, have the interview translated and it turns out,the subtitles in some places are completely alien to the actual words Morelos is saying. Despite the subtitles saying so, no point does he say he has experienced racism from Celtic fans

Sky sports have subsequently issued an apology to Celtic for incorrectly accusing their fans of racism and they’ve released an accurate transcript of the interview. Celtic have referred the issue to OFCOM

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 18:31 - Feb 6 with 5148 viewsdanehoop

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 18:21 - Feb 6 by paulparker

Talking of racism

This from Scotland

Morelos chases a guy tampering with his car and journalists run the story, some of whom, infer ever so subtly that it may have been a rival teams supporters and that the suspicion was they were cutting his brake cables. Issue is reported to the police. One Rangers sympathetic journalist alludes that this is as good as attempted murder by a rival football fan.

A week later, it transpires, the police determine that the guy tampering with Morelos’ car was in fact a private investigator, hired by Morelos’ missus to track him as he’s suspected of having an affair.

On the day this story breaks, Rangers release a sky sports interview with Morelos in which he alluded to racism and difficult times he has experienced in Scotland, clearly inferring again, at the hands of Celtic fans. The interview is given in his native tongue with subtitles.

Celtic, having seen the interview and the subsequent newspaper stories about Scottish football perhaps having a racism problem, have the interview translated and it turns out,the subtitles in some places are completely alien to the actual words Morelos is saying. Despite the subtitles saying so, no point does he say he has experienced racism from Celtic fans

Sky sports have subsequently issued an apology to Celtic for incorrectly accusing their fans of racism and they’ve released an accurate transcript of the interview. Celtic have referred the issue to OFCOM

Sky News misrepresenting things to suit their own planned narrative, no, surely not.

Never knowingly understood

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 19:32 - Feb 6 with 5005 viewsMedwayR

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 18:31 - Feb 6 by danehoop

Sky News misrepresenting things to suit their own planned narrative, no, surely not.

Not too dissimilar to when they added in 'again' to Raheem Sterling's quote regarding his tattoo when he said he'd never pick up a gun. Absolute scum.

Poll: Who’s better?

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 21:14 - Feb 6 with 4817 viewsSydneyRs

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 18:21 - Feb 6 by paulparker

Talking of racism

This from Scotland

This.

Absolutely disgusting from Sky. Trying to pour fuel on what is already a tricky situation up there and why? Heads should roll for this. Well don't to Celtic for calling it out.
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 21:24 - Feb 6 with 4790 viewswestberksr

Sky Bet are probably already offering odds for the first heard racist abuse in the next Old Firm Running Battle!

but they'll have an each way bet to include religious abuse too; gotta cover all bases!!
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 21:48 - Feb 6 with 4730 viewskarl

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 21:14 - Feb 6 by SydneyRs

This.

Absolutely disgusting from Sky. Trying to pour fuel on what is already a tricky situation up there and why? Heads should roll for this. Well don't to Celtic for calling it out.

There's a side story running here that radio and TV pundit Michael Stewart has called out Rangers PR man Jim Traynor as a 'bully and manipulator'. BBC apologised to Traynor but its brought more to light his use of the press for Rangers' agenda and sweeping their sectarianism under the carpet.
There is a strong suggestion that Rangers have supplied the translation for Sky as he micromanages all aspects of press and media, this has more than one angle to it.
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 21:53 - Feb 6 with 4718 viewsaston_hoop

Talking of racism

This from Scotland

Interesting one that as I saw the interview the other day with subtitles and being in the process of learning Spanish, I noticed a few discrepancies from what I heard and what I read. Then I saw the next day the interview was playing again and that it had changed. If someone with my poor level could notice some things were up, I'm not surprised there was a fuss
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 21:54]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 22:05 - Feb 6 with 4685 viewskarl

This is an example when he made a fool of Warburton, the press conference was on going and Traynor appeared through the doors having obviously been following things in another room. He is an odious man and tbh MWs stock in Scotland went down at this point as he was made to look like a poodle
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 22:10]
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 22:41 - Feb 6 with 4574 viewsBoston

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 21:53 - Feb 6 by aston_hoop

Interesting one that as I saw the interview the other day with subtitles and being in the process of learning Spanish, I noticed a few discrepancies from what I heard and what I read. Then I saw the next day the interview was playing again and that it had changed. If someone with my poor level could notice some things were up, I'm not surprised there was a fuss
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 21:54]

I saw that interview being repeated and discussed by a couple of Glaswegians...fortunately there were subtitles.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 23:20 - Feb 6 with 4508 viewsNorthLondonR

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 22:41 - Feb 6 by Boston

I saw that interview being repeated and discussed by a couple of Glaswegians...fortunately there were subtitles.

Sir Les is and always will be an absolute legend...
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 23:21]
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 23:34 - Feb 6 with 4473 viewstimcocking

by Rs fans?

One fcuking dickhead says something bad and that's Rs fans are racist?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 23:39]
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 23:44 - Feb 6 with 4462 viewssmegma

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 21:14 - Feb 6 by SydneyRs

This.

Will Celtic call out the 'fans' with the Coronavirus banner from last week ??
Les Ferdinand on 00:46 - Feb 7 with 4404 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Are QPR fans really racist?
Over the past 45 years the only racism I recall was the throwing of a few bananas and making monkey noises at Cyrille Regis in the FA Cup Semi Final at Highbury in 1982
Obviously, this is not good but that was nearly 40 years ago and haven't seen any of this since.
QPR fans have been inclusive and supportive of players regardless of background.
I thought the racist fans were from down the road at Chelscum.

I don't know why Ferdinand only seems to want to talk about 2 topics - racism and Grenfell (both important).
However it would be nice if Ferdinand spoke about the development of our players and the medium to long term strategy for Queens Park Rangers.
I would also like to know as the Director of Football when we are likely to improve our results (he has been Director of Football at QPR for just over 5 years now - when he took over we were 17th in the EPL and are now 16th in the Championship).
All I can see over the past 5 years is the waste of a lot of parachute money on a bunch of donkeys. Generally, crap recruitment including managers.
There has been improvement in recent times in recruiting and development but how much of this is down to Mark Warburton and Chris Ramsey?

As a club that has been long living beyond our means - paying our Director of Football 10 grand a week is excessive.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 7:24]
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 01:45 - Feb 7 with 4338 viewscaliforniahoop

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 23:34 - Feb 6 by timcocking

by Rs fans?

One fcuking dickhead says something bad and that's Rs fans are racist?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 23:39]

Who said it was just one fan? It’s shit loads of them with the “Black Mafia” crap, Redknapp turns up with his “white staff” and you don’t hear the phrase “white Mafia” used by the time those “good old boys have departed, the club is millions in debt.

The “Black Mafia” have now got a youth system that is picking up local talent and producing some also, all of them can control and pass a football, which is a vast improvement on previous efforts.

In short, he and his team are doing a great job and yes, plenty of racist hoops, be going since 75 and seen them, there children and grandchildren!!!!
Les Ferdinand on 01:47 - Feb 7 with 4337 viewssmegma

Les Ferdinand on 00:46 - Feb 7 by superhoopdownunder

Are QPR fans really racist?
Over the past 45 years the only racism I recall was the throwing of a few bananas and making monkey noises at Cyrille Regis in the FA Cup Semi Final at Highbury in 1982
Obviously, this is not good but that was nearly 40 years ago and haven't seen any of this since.
QPR fans have been inclusive and supportive of players regardless of background.
I thought the racist fans were from down the road at Chelscum.

I don't know why Ferdinand only seems to want to talk about 2 topics - racism and Grenfell (both important).
However it would be nice if Ferdinand spoke about the development of our players and the medium to long term strategy for Queens Park Rangers.
I would also like to know as the Director of Football when we are likely to improve our results (he has been Director of Football at QPR for just over 5 years now - when he took over we were 17th in the EPL and are now 16th in the Championship).
All I can see over the past 5 years is the waste of a lot of parachute money on a bunch of donkeys. Generally, crap recruitment including managers.
There has been improvement in recent times in recruiting and development but how much of this is down to Mark Warburton and Chris Ramsey?

As a club that has been long living beyond our means - paying our Director of Football 10 grand a week is excessive.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 7:24]

" I don't know why Ferdinand only seems to want to talk about 2 topics - racism and Grenfell "

For starters Grenfell is not mentioned in the article so that's your theory fecked.

If you actually read the article you will see he speaks about a few other subjects, no doubt in response to the journalists questions. The subject of racism only arises at the end of the article again no doubt in response to a searching question, and the Standard decided to use it as splash headlines to grab everyones attention.

I get it you're not a fan then ???
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 03:46 - Feb 7 with 4295 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’m sure he has enough about him to know, that his treatment over the years from the overwhelming majority of QPR fans, is anything but that received from the minority referred to in the article.

In many respects, it would have been as productive to have pointed that out and indicate the number and extent of incidents of racist abuses he’s been subjected to, for comparative purposes and to distinguish the ‘them’ from the rest of ‘us’. Of course, many things said in interview get spun to sell these rags, but an opportunity missed nonetheless.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024