Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL likely to extend summer transfer window 13:41 - Feb 7 with 3285 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Following a decision by the PL to extend the summer transfer window to September 1, the EFL may follow suit.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/championship-transfer-window-premier-l

Cue an extra 3 weeks of rumour, uncertainty, Jim White foaming at the mouth and Harry hanging out of his car window.
EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 13:53 - Feb 7 with 3252 viewsLunarJetman

Plus more Stokie neanderthals gurning at the camera and wobbling dildos in reporters ears...
EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 14:35 - Feb 7 with 3180 viewsterryb

I find this very funny & the EFL will definitely follow.

Why clubs put themselves into a position where they couldn't buy players but other clubs could buy from them I will never know.

Except, of course, that the PL clubs incredibly thought that the rest of Europe would change to suit them! This is despite Europe's leagues starting at a later time. Even Scotland, that starts in July, kept the window until the end of September!

All because one ot two clubs/managers complained that it was unfair to start the seasson with the window still open. If that was the case, they should have abolished the January window in England!
EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 14:39 - Feb 7 with 3172 viewsRANGERS4EVER

EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 14:35 - Feb 7 by terryb

I find this very funny & the EFL will definitely follow.

Why clubs put themselves into a position where they couldn't buy players but other clubs could buy from them I will never know.

Except, of course, that the PL clubs incredibly thought that the rest of Europe would change to suit them! This is despite Europe's leagues starting at a later time. Even Scotland, that starts in July, kept the window until the end of September!

All because one ot two clubs/managers complained that it was unfair to start the seasson with the window still open. If that was the case, they should have abolished the January window in England!

I personally thought the idea of shutting the transfer window before the season was their first good idea in a while, and was hoping other leagues would follow suit. Means teams can get fully prepared, stops panic buys, and over-pricing. Shame it crumbled so badly.

I liked the idea that the English transfer window closed before the season, but you could still do transfers with foreign teams but i guess that isn't being done.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 15:16 - Feb 7 with 3121 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Why do we even have a window?

Would be quite funny watching Villa $punk another £100m away in a desperate late splurge in April.
EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 15:18 - Feb 7 with 3116 viewsNorthernr

Pain in the ars for us. If we're going to be relying on loans you get those late in the window, and you get what happens to us last August.
EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 15:51 - Feb 7 with 3065 viewsterryb

EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 14:39 - Feb 7 by RANGERS4EVER

I personally thought the idea of shutting the transfer window before the season was their first good idea in a while, and was hoping other leagues would follow suit. Means teams can get fully prepared, stops panic buys, and over-pricing. Shame it crumbled so badly.

I liked the idea that the English transfer window closed before the season, but you could still do transfers with foreign teams but i guess that isn't being done.

Please don't get me wrong.

IF all the leagues started on the same date I would certainly be in favour, but most leagues in Europe start two to three weeks later. Why would those clubs want a deadline that far in advance?

What I find funny is that It didn't seem to occur to the PL & it's clubs that their players could still be purchased after the deadline & that other leagues/countries would have the audacity not to jump at the chance to do what the PL wanted them to!
EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 19:05 - Feb 7 with 2953 viewsQPR_John

The FL follows the bidding of the Premier League now there's a surprise
EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 07:23 - Feb 8 with 2816 viewsdavman

EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 15:18 - Feb 7 by Northernr

Pain in the ars for us. If we're going to be relying on loans you get those late in the window, and you get what happens to us last August.

Exactly my thoughts. So wtite off the rest of this season and the first 4-5 games of next whilst we wait for a new "band of warriors" when the precious Premier shite decides what crumbs it can throw our way.

O joy.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 12:58 - Feb 8 with 2686 viewsLazyFan

It might allow us to blood Paul Smyth for a few games before we decide he needs to go out on loan or is good enough.

Also, when you have Stcheev as manager and he gets it all wrong, we have some time to get a few quick loans in to sort it out. From a QPR point of view, we actually need this as we are still recovering from the past.

Assuming we only sell Eze, we still need for next season, one LB, two CB's, one RB and one striker. So, that makes 5 players we need next season. As Angel, Cameron, BFG and Hall will all be gone.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 00:50 - Feb 9 with 2630 viewsBenny_the_Ball

EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 15:18 - Feb 7 by Northernr

Agree. Plus many permanent deals are concluded late in the window leaving the selling club with little time to find adequate replacements and bed them in. QPR are going to have to think long and hard about whether to take early bids for the likes of Eze and BOS or hold out for better offers.
EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 17:54 - Feb 9 with 2549 viewsTGRRRSSS

EFL likely to extend summer transfer window on 12:58 - Feb 8 by LazyFan

It might allow us to blood Paul Smyth for a few games before we decide he needs to go out on loan or is good enough.

Also, when you have Stcheev as manager and he gets it all wrong, we have some time to get a few quick loans in to sort it out. From a QPR point of view, we actually need this as we are still recovering from the past.

Assuming we only sell Eze, we still need for next season, one LB, two CB's, one RB and one striker. So, that makes 5 players we need next season. As Angel, Cameron, BFG and Hall will all be gone.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Will we ever not be recovering from the past.

Funny as it is to laugh at PL over this, still don't get over EFL clubs bsily being the Turkey's who voted for Christmas over FFP - especially QPR the only side truly punished for actually being in breach.

Birmingham last season was I maintain after the horse was bolted to look tougher than it really was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024