Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The end of the tunnel - Preview 18:20 - Feb 7 with 1427 viewsNorthernr

The end of the tunnel - Preview 7th Feb 2020 18:13
As QPR head to Huddersfield on Saturday, a rare bit of Evening Standard coverage has offered some insight into exactly when the club sees its current austerity drive coming to an end, and why. 9

The end of the tunnel - Preview on 09:53 - Feb 8 with 833 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive.

I won't be at Huddersfield, but there is one saving grace to the long journey there. THE PUBS!

The Slubber Arms is the best pub I've visited for a pre match drink. Home or away! I've also seen comments posted about other pubs which scored highly.

Good luck to all the travelling R's today.
The end of the tunnel - Preview on 10:29 - Feb 8 with 802 viewsDorse

That photo looks like Andy Sinton has just groped Les Ferdinand's bottom. I, for one, do not condone such behaviour and will be writing a sternly worded letter to my MP and holding a candlelight vigil outside Sir Les's helicopter.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The end of the tunnel - Preview on 10:42 - Feb 8 with 786 viewsNorthantsHoop

Good report of the situation Clive. I call it a situation because this is what English league football has become in the last 20 years. For clubs like ours we have to have a belief that we can get to the so called nirvana of the Premier League, but I would argue not at the cost of crippling the club and filling it with multi million pound mostly sub standard foreign players, which most in the Premier league are doing. We did that last time and look where it got us. Hopefully lessons learned, just have to wait and see. I continually question whether it is best to be in the Premier League or be a solid Championship side, to be honest don't know the answer.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 10:43]
The end of the tunnel - Preview on 00:17 - Feb 9 with 461 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The end of the tunnel - Preview on 10:42 - Feb 8 by NorthantsHoop

Good report of the situation Clive. I call it a situation because this is what English league football has become in the last 20 years. For clubs like ours we have to have a belief that we can get to the so called nirvana of the Premier League, but I would argue not at the cost of crippling the club and filling it with multi million pound mostly sub standard foreign players, which most in the Premier league are doing. We did that last time and look where it got us. Hopefully lessons learned, just have to wait and see. I continually question whether it is best to be in the Premier League or be a solid Championship side, to be honest don't know the answer.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 10:43]

"I continually question whether it is best to be in the Premier League or be a solid Championship side, to be honest don't know the answer"

Well I continually question whether it is best to be a solid Championship side or a winning League 1 side, to be honest I don't know the answer either.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The end of the tunnel - Preview on 00:26 - Feb 9 with 453 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Good article, Clive. I'm concerned if 2 years is the target because in the meantime it will be very difficult to compete under the same financial constraints. By my calculations, the club should have some headroom to improve the squad in the summer especially if, as expected, Eze and BOS are sold. Some sensible transfer activity will keep MW keen and lessen the risk of relegation.

From a PR perspective, the board are missing a serious trick by delaying Warren Farm, particularly given that investment in infrastructure is exempt from FFP scrutiny. Laying foundations off the pitch now will appease fans' frustrations at austerity on it and put QPR in an even stronger position to take advantage of the championship tsunami when it comes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024