Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? 00:50 - Feb 9 with 6485 viewsWilloW4

I've watched our manager talk about being clinical ( yawn), working as a unit(yawn).. Has he ever talked about our shite defence.?!? Averaging 2 easy goals a game.. Not a squeak..."we need to be more clinical up front".. The defence is shite mate..who "works" with our defence squad.? Shower of shite.!!!
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 00:57 - Feb 9 with 4762 viewsBenny_the_Ball

As he said to me at the fans forum when I questioned him about clean sheets - if we win every game 3-2 from here until the end of the season I'll be happy and I'm sure you'll be too. Sadly, it doesn't work that way and with Wells gone he'd be wise to consider an alternative strategy, particularly away from home.
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 01:24 - Feb 9 with 4740 viewsNortholt_Rs

No. He just says the same old shït after every game. Always been a criticism from other clubs he’s managed that he only ever has a Plan A.... The dopey fücker will get us relegated if he doesn’t buck his ideas up pronto.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 02:04 - Feb 9 with 4710 viewsWilloW4

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 00:57 - Feb 9 by Benny_the_Ball

As he said to me at the fans forum when I questioned him about clean sheets - if we win every game 3-2 from here until the end of the season I'll be happy and I'm sure you'll be too. Sadly, it doesn't work that way and with Wells gone he'd be wise to consider an alternative strategy, particularly away from home.

So the probably is crystal... We always let in 2, cos were gonna score 3... That's easy.. That's entertainment!!!.. The blatant feckin problem is we can't score ...1...2...3.who coaches our defence again.? 10 spare pricks in track suits on our bench, one of them must at least clean there boots.
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 02:13 - Feb 9 with 4705 viewsNov77

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 01:24 - Feb 9 by Northolt_Rs

No. He just says the same old shït after every game. Always been a criticism from other clubs he’s managed that he only ever has a Plan A.... The dopey fücker will get us relegated if he doesn’t buck his ideas up pronto.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 08:40 - Feb 9 with 4527 viewstraininvain

Just out of interest, before this season started where did you all expect us to finish?

I think most of us would’ve taken 9pts clear of relegation and 12pts off the playoffs in February.

We’ve seen some lovely attacking football, had a few big results along the way and we’re watching a team full of our own youngsters develop into decent players.

Granted the defence is an absolute shambles but not entirely unexpected given that our back 4 is made up of free transfers.

Now is not the time to start turning on the manager or players for that matter. We’re not going down and if anyone fancies a punt I’ll gladly take your money!
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 08:45 - Feb 9 with 4516 viewsDixie_CT

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 08:40 - Feb 9 by traininvain

Just out of interest, before this season started where did you all expect us to finish?

I think most of us would’ve taken 9pts clear of relegation and 12pts off the playoffs in February.

We’ve seen some lovely attacking football, had a few big results along the way and we’re watching a team full of our own youngsters develop into decent players.

Granted the defence is an absolute shambles but not entirely unexpected given that our back 4 is made up of free transfers.

Now is not the time to start turning on the manager or players for that matter. We’re not going down and if anyone fancies a punt I’ll gladly take your money!

Heart said 9th, head said between 12th and 16th.

Regardless of where you finish, its how you get there. The management and players now have a mountain to climb to get any respect back for this season. We could be 0-4 against our local rivals in league games and the well covered whimpering out of the FA Cup will cloud what at some points has been a prosperous sesaon.

I don't think we need to throw the baby out with the bath water yet but this summers recruitment alongside balancing the books is absolutley vital. Get it wrong and it could be curtains for Warburton and our Championship status.
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 08:56 - Feb 9 with 4488 viewsGloucs_R

Mid table but hoped for to 10.

We've stagnated as a club for years now.

No new training ground
No new stadium
No money
Still bottom half
12, 18, 16, 19... Currently 17. Is that progress?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:03 - Feb 9 with 4474 viewstraininvain

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 08:45 - Feb 9 by Dixie_CT

Heart said 9th, head said between 12th and 16th.

Regardless of where you finish, its how you get there. The management and players now have a mountain to climb to get any respect back for this season. We could be 0-4 against our local rivals in league games and the well covered whimpering out of the FA Cup will cloud what at some points has been a prosperous sesaon.

I don't think we need to throw the baby out with the bath water yet but this summers recruitment alongside balancing the books is absolutley vital. Get it wrong and it could be curtains for Warburton and our Championship status.

Important to keep things in perspective. I’ve enjoyed most of this season up until the last few weeks.

I do understand the frustration but losing Wells was a reality of the situation we find ourselves in following the years of financial mismanagement.

Unfortunately losing him seems to have knocked the stuffing out of the players but we should be fine with a 9pt gap and players like Eze, Chair and Bright.

In terms of progress, I’d love to see an improvement year on year but it’s easier said than done whilst having to sell our best players every summer and operating within the confines of FFP.

Might be wrong but I thought it was generally accepted last summer thar this season was all about avoiding relegation as we’ll have a bit more financial flexibility come the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:05 - Feb 9 with 4467 viewsNortholt_Rs

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 08:56 - Feb 9 by Gloucs_R

Mid table but hoped for to 10.

We've stagnated as a club for years now.

No new training ground
No new stadium
No money
Still bottom half
12, 18, 16, 19... Currently 17. Is that progress?

Wow. Not just one but TWO relegations, Spünked £250m, and 12th, 18th, 16th, 19th and currently 17th in the Championship - ALL since Bungle and Co. took over in 2011. What a complete shambles.

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:21 - Feb 9 with 4429 viewsdaveB

to be fair to Warburton he has talked about defensive mistakes a lot in post and pre match interviews
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:25 - Feb 9 with 4419 viewsNortholt_Rs

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:21 - Feb 9 by daveB

to be fair to Warburton he has talked about defensive mistakes a lot in post and pre match interviews

So has my Mum. The difference is he is paid well to fix the problem....

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:27 - Feb 9 with 4408 viewsdaveB

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:25 - Feb 9 by Northolt_Rs

I'm sure thats true but just responding to a post that suggested he never mentions the defence
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:54 - Feb 9 with 4352 viewsozexile

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:25 - Feb 9 by Northolt_Rs

That's quote of the year for me 😂
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:58 - Feb 9 with 4331 viewsWatford_Ranger

Think it’s also fair to say the quality of the opposition has been poor compared to previous years. Some really turgid nothing teams in with a shout of that sixth spot now.
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 10:11 - Feb 9 with 4289 viewsozexile

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:58 - Feb 9 by Watford_Ranger

Think it’s also fair to say the quality of the opposition has been poor compared to previous years. Some really turgid nothing teams in with a shout of that sixth spot now.

If you've got Wells (not now), hugill, eze, bright, chair. Why would you spend so long playing it around at the back waiting for the perfect opportunity? Just play it forward. I think that's the frustration. We had a front line that's one of the best in the league and we're messing about with the ball at the back and conceding 2 x a game.
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 10:12 - Feb 9 with 4286 viewstraininvain

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 09:58 - Feb 9 by Watford_Ranger

Hyperbole. Bristol City aren’t turgid. They’re a solid team and they’ve spent big compared to us.

Maybe Preston but they’ve been flirting with the playoffs for a few years and a much better example of a well run football club than us.

I understand the frustration with our owners but I think it’s harsh for people to dig out the manager when we’re about par for what was expected at the start of the season.

And if people genuinely think we’re in a relegation battle then now is surely not the time to turn on MW and the players.
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 10:14 - Feb 9 with 4283 viewstraininvain

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 10:11 - Feb 9 by ozexile

If you've got Wells (not now), hugill, eze, bright, chair. Why would you spend so long playing it around at the back waiting for the perfect opportunity? Just play it forward. I think that's the frustration. We had a front line that's one of the best in the league and we're messing about with the ball at the back and conceding 2 x a game.

We were winning 6-1 and 5-1 a few weeks ago. No surprise the goals have dried up since losing Wells. How’s that MW’s fault?
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 10:25 - Feb 9 with 4240 viewsPunteR

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 10:14 - Feb 9 by traininvain

We were winning 6-1 and 5-1 a few weeks ago. No surprise the goals have dried up since losing Wells. How’s that MW’s fault?

Because he stupidly got him scoring lots of goals and making him look good for other teams to want him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 10:47 - Feb 9 with 4182 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He always talks about the defence and soft goals. He even apologises for repeating himself.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 10:57 - Feb 9 with 4148 viewsPunteR

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 10:47 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

He always talks about the defence and soft goals. He even apologises for repeating himself.

Yeh i cant bring myself to start blaming MW. In fact i dont even watch his interviews after we lose. Whats the point.?
The very last thing we need right now is MW leaving the club.
Has he made mistakes? Yeh of course.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 11:13 - Feb 9 with 4126 viewsOldPedro

I think a lot of the frustrations around the club at the moment are caused by the lack of updates/progress on Warren Farm. Most fans accept the restrictions on spending on players due to FFP and if there was progress being made on the training ground, it would show that we are moving forward, especially as spending on building the training ground it outside of FFP.

Add in all the speculation around Airbus and TF and it all looks pretty bleak.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 11:28 - Feb 9 with 4099 viewsozranger

An interesting discussion, that is replicated so many times, about how our defence is bad and that we need to fix it up, sometime soon.

However, MW keeps on harping about the need to score goals, to be more clinical. Then, may I ask, why is this not happening. If there appears, according to everyone, a lack of training for the defence then why is there not training to improve the ability to score. I am all for MW to stay but if one is to harp on about the need to be more clinical then he and his coaching staff need to take some blame as well for not getting the attacking players into that state where they can be more clinical and score more goals. Otherwise, he is ostensibly saying that our attackers are not good enough. Which one is it?
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 11:43 - Feb 9 with 4067 viewstraininvain

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 11:28 - Feb 9 by ozranger

An interesting discussion, that is replicated so many times, about how our defence is bad and that we need to fix it up, sometime soon.

However, MW keeps on harping about the need to score goals, to be more clinical. Then, may I ask, why is this not happening. If there appears, according to everyone, a lack of training for the defence then why is there not training to improve the ability to score. I am all for MW to stay but if one is to harp on about the need to be more clinical then he and his coaching staff need to take some blame as well for not getting the attacking players into that state where they can be more clinical and score more goals. Otherwise, he is ostensibly saying that our attackers are not good enough. Which one is it?

Might have something to do with losing our top scorer in January. We looked clinical against Cardiff and Swansea.
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 11:51 - Feb 9 with 4050 viewsozranger

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 11:43 - Feb 9 by traininvain

Might have something to do with losing our top scorer in January. We looked clinical against Cardiff and Swansea.

Ok, I'll bite.

That is a pretty silly comment to make. MW has been harping on since we started the season and many, many, many times when Wells was playing as well. What about all those games prior to those two you mention - Barnsley, Charlton, Hull, etc, etc.

We've heard your story time and time again and yes now his goals will be missed. So, please be a bit more sensible.
Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 11:59 - Feb 9 with 4031 viewstraininvain

Has Mark Warburton ever mentioned R defence? on 11:51 - Feb 9 by ozranger

Ok, I'll bite.

That is a pretty silly comment to make. MW has been harping on since we started the season and many, many, many times when Wells was playing as well. What about all those games prior to those two you mention - Barnsley, Charlton, Hull, etc, etc.

We've heard your story time and time again and yes now his goals will be missed. So, please be a bit more sensible.

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable point to make. Some games we’ve been more clinical and looked like running riot (Luton, Cardiff, Swansea etc). Even Charlton at home we had numerous chances in the first half but didn’t put the game to bed.

We had a few chances at 0-0 yesterday. If we take one of those it’s a different game.

But I don’t completely disagree with your point. We can’t expect to outgun teams every week and we’re one of the top scorers in the league.

The defence is the real problem and I’m sure MW is aware of that but probably feels that attack is the best form of defence given our options going forward compared to our weak defence.

For what it’s worth I hope we get Rangel back in the team or Cameron at right back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024