Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton's Swansea preview 21:16 - Feb 10 with 4282 viewsstainrods_elbow

Unreal. Not a single mention of our mountain of slop of a defence at Uddersfield (or all season) - just 'be clinical, take our chances, broken record, blah de blah de blah'.

I'm a Warburton fan, but his refusal to deal with our piteous impersonation of a defence is surely now becoming pathological. I think we fans need to start letting the cat out of the bag before the bum squeaks start to become shrieks. Hall is one whose time is surely up.

Seriously, what part of awaken and sniff the caffeine does the man not understand?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 21:16]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton's Swansea preview on 21:32 - Feb 10 with 3642 viewsHayesender

Sign of madness, doing the same thing and expecting a different result

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Warburton's Swansea preview on 21:42 - Feb 10 with 3608 viewsLblock

It's too late now mate.

We are where we are with this squad and how they are coached - Warbs aint for turning or changing.

I do think we're in big trouble (that'll shock some of you) and think the next two home games are pivotal. I'm writing off tomorrow night and Florist away for obvious reasons so we need to get points out of our old mates Stoke and Brum. March looks joyless for us as playing two form teams and a team fighting for their lives and who have been aware of that for a number of months.
April brings a couple of key away games with Boro, Wigan and Lootown... they could be entertaining and I may even pop along to all three. Really hoping we can outscore those three and grab some points - seven would be fantastic from those three games, I'd settle for five though!!!! Millwall at home could be pivotal and that is a BIG concern.... seven weeks ago I would've thought there could be a chance we'd push them closer to the drop but that bovver boot well and truly on the other foot now.

Anyway... I'm just a born bed messer and have been for a number of seasons... that's my work interlude over.... back to it!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warburton's Swansea preview on 22:28 - Feb 10 with 3550 viewsrsonist

Never fails to amaze how grown men can keep sitting there seriously expecting a manager to come out and slag off his players in public.
Warburton's Swansea preview on 23:43 - Feb 10 with 3423 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton's Swansea preview on 22:28 - Feb 10 by rsonist

Never fails to amaze how grown men can keep sitting there seriously expecting a manager to come out and slag off his players in public.

Smack my bottie with a banjo, but what amazes me is the collusion on the part of certain supporters with keeping - and heaven forfend commenting on - the elephant in the room at all costs!

Here's my suggested post-match text for Mr Warburton to help things along (it'll work for just about every game):

'While it's true we win and lose as a team, and attack from the back and defend from the front, we all of us - players, management and coaching staff - have to hold our hands up and admit our f*ckwittery at the back has put a great big crimp in our season, and we might well be in the doudou if we don't stop bullsh*tting ourselves. Sometimes it's individual errors, sometimes it's crap marking, sometimes we get caught out trying to play out from the back (for which the buck stops with me), sometimes it looks like we just can't be arsed. We get it and we're looking on the training ground how we can deal with it with the squad of players we have. We're aware how frustrating it is for you fans to see cheap goals going in against us game after game. Whatever I may have said off the cuff, we're obviously not good enough to play Keegan-esque 'you score four, we'll score five' football, even if we were knocking them in last year, and had a couple of false dawns against the Welsh. The players will have to learn, and if they can't, it might be goodnight Vienna for one or two of them, becuase I know the standards I want to set. And I won't name names, but Kelly and Wallace really bloody cost us today. They need to ship up, or ship out. Sorry for sounding like a broke, a broke, a broke, a broke . . .'

How hard would any of that be, in some edit or other! Take some f*cking responsibility, Warbs, and get the players to man up and start doing the same.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 17:00]

Warburton's Swansea preview on 06:07 - Feb 11 with 3310 viewsdanehoop

Warburton's Swansea preview on 23:43 - Feb 10 by stainrods_elbow

Smack my bottie with a banjo, but what amazes me is the collusion on the part of certain supporters with keeping - and heaven forfend commenting on - the elephant in the room at all costs!

Here's my suggested post-match text for Mr Warburton to help things along (it'll work for just about every game):

'While it's true we win and lose as a team, and attack from the back and defend from the front, we all of us - players, management and coaching staff - have to hold our hands up and admit our f*ckwittery at the back has put a great big crimp in our season, and we might well be in the doudou if we don't stop bullsh*tting ourselves. Sometimes it's individual errors, sometimes it's crap marking, sometimes we get caught out trying to play out from the back (for which the buck stops with me), sometimes it looks like we just can't be arsed. We get it and we're looking on the training ground how we can deal with it with the squad of players we have. We're aware how frustrating it is for you fans to see cheap goals going in against us game after game. Whatever I may have said off the cuff, we're obviously not good enough to play Keegan-esque 'you score four, we'll score five' football, even if we were knocking them in last year, and had a couple of false dawns against the Welsh. The players will have to learn, and if they can't, it might be goodnight Vienna for one or two of them, becuase I know the standards I want to set. And I won't name names, but Kelly and Wallace really bloody cost us today. They need to ship up, or ship out. Sorry for sounding like a broke, a broke, a broke, a broke . . .'

How hard would any of that be, in some edit or other! Take some f*cking responsibility, Warbs, and get the players to man up and start doing the same.

Wow. I forgot just how negative and self entitled some of us are.

Perhaps you should email the club again and demand action as your point of view is clearly the only valid one based upon your extensive football supporters experience.

Never knowingly understood

Warburton's Swansea preview on 09:23 - Feb 11 with 3176 viewsfrancisbowles

Kelly's kicking has been good to very good. This one for whatever reason wasn't.
Every keeper is going to miskick one occasionally. Don't think he did much else wrong in the game or any game he has played in.
Warburton's Swansea preview on 09:55 - Feb 11 with 3132 viewsgazza1

So, do you want MW to tell, the opposition, because don't worry yourselves the oppo looks at our web pages, that the following players are not performing and we will be bringing the following players into the Team tonight. Slagging players in public, etc, etc.

Players will be well aware of their mistakes themselves and if they don't know they will be shown the 90 minutes of the match and the video stopped and players told where they have gone wrong and what they should have don, many team discussions will take place.

MW is doing OK with many, many limitations.

Personally for me, it is the most entertaining season for a few years although disappointing and frustrating at times.
Warburton's Swansea preview on 10:04 - Feb 11 with 3123 viewsAgedR

Defence has been woeful all season. You have to question whether it’s coaching or personnel. I think it’s a bit of both.

With signings like Barbet it should have been patently obvious how we were going to set up.

My pre season expectations weren’t great. I’d have bitten your hand off to avoid relegation. Despite the gloom, we’re still miles off and at the same time have developed prize assets like Eze, Samuel and hopefully now Masterson.

And we’ve scored 47 goals FFS!

In summary, the destination is going to be broadly the same as the last hand full of seasons, but, the ride has at times been joyful and the trajectory on the up.

Next year slightly better again.

We have a good coach here chaps, I’m convinced of this.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton's Swansea preview on 10:10 - Feb 11 with 3110 viewsWestbourneR

I see a bunch of people are cottoning to my long standing issue with Hall. Powder puff defender.

Warburton clearly needs coaching help to get this team defending properly.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Warburton's Swansea preview on 10:19 - Feb 11 with 3092 viewsStanFan

He's not going to call out individuals in public. Hopefully what he says behind closed doors is very different to what he puts out in public.
As others have pointed out, we over-performed for the first part of this season and are probably where we should be with our budget and squad.
Warburton's Swansea preview on 10:19 - Feb 11 with 3085 viewsgazza1

Warburton's Swansea preview on 10:04 - Feb 11 by AgedR

Defence has been woeful all season. You have to question whether it’s coaching or personnel. I think it’s a bit of both.

With signings like Barbet it should have been patently obvious how we were going to set up.

My pre season expectations weren’t great. I’d have bitten your hand off to avoid relegation. Despite the gloom, we’re still miles off and at the same time have developed prize assets like Eze, Samuel and hopefully now Masterson.

And we’ve scored 47 goals FFS!

In summary, the destination is going to be broadly the same as the last hand full of seasons, but, the ride has at times been joyful and the trajectory on the up.

Next year slightly better again.

We have a good coach here chaps, I’m convinced of this.

good chat Aged
Warburton's Swansea preview on 11:49 - Feb 11 with 2998 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warburton's Swansea preview on 22:28 - Feb 10 by rsonist

Also never ceases to amaze me how much truck fans have in what a manager is willing to say to the press, either!
'HE'S NOT SAYING WHAT I THINK OR WANT HIM TO SAY! SAY THIS YOU IDIOT, THAT WILL MAKE IT BETTER!'

Bare bones.

Warburton's Swansea preview on 13:17 - Feb 11 with 2921 viewsMatch82

And after that do you think the players will be
A. More motivated
or
B. Less motivated
Warburton's Swansea preview on 17:09 - Feb 11 with 2778 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton's Swansea preview on 13:17 - Feb 11 by Match82

A. More motivated
or
B. Less motivated

I think those who can achieve/want to aspire to a decent footballing standard will be more motivated. Those who are liable to fall by the wayside will have their eye on the exit.

And while, irony-free posters note, my post may have been an eensy bit exaggerated for rhetorical effect, I'd rather MW didn't insult the fan base or my intelligence by refusing to call it as it is. Otherwise, just do a Mourinho and say nothing! The defence has been shambolic all season, and I'm 'entitled', as a fan, to know why that is, and what's being done to deal with it. It's called taking responsibility for the performance that we, the fans, pay for, with money, loyalty and tears. If I didn't do my job time and time again, I'd soon be out of one! I'm not talking about the odd mistake, which are part and parcel of football/sport, obviously, and help to make it entertaining - I'm talking about fecklessness, consistent carelessness, and dismal defeatedeness.

And the poster who finds me 'entitled' for expressing a view (whatever that means), which is what this Board is for, stop being a dick, go deal with your resentment and come back with yours rather than turning me into some kind of supposed dictator trying to suppress the back and forth (which is what I come here for, actually) on the basis of no evidence at all!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 23:34]

Warburton's Swansea preview on 17:14 - Feb 11 with 2768 viewsbosh67

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton's Swansea preview on 17:51 - Feb 11 with 2717 viewskensalriser

You're a bore.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warburton's Swansea preview on 18:58 - Feb 11 with 2660 viewsPinnerPaul

Presumably changing 3 of the back 4 has pleased the op?
Warburton's Swansea preview on 19:42 - Feb 11 with 2611 viewsdanehoop

Warburton's Swansea preview on 17:09 - Feb 11 by stainrods_elbow

I think those who can achieve/want to aspire to a decent footballing standard will be more motivated. Those who are liable to fall by the wayside will have their eye on the exit.

And while, irony-free posters note, my post may have been an eensy bit exaggerated for rhetorical effect, I'd rather MW didn't insult the fan base or my intelligence by refusing to call it as it is. Otherwise, just do a Mourinho and say nothing! The defence has been shambolic all season, and I'm 'entitled', as a fan, to know why that is, and what's being done to deal with it. It's called taking responsibility for the performance that we, the fans, pay for, with money, loyalty and tears. If I didn't do my job time and time again, I'd soon be out of one! I'm not talking about the odd mistake, which are part and parcel of football/sport, obviously, and help to make it entertaining - I'm talking about fecklessness, consistent carelessness, and dismal defeatedeness.

And the poster who finds me 'entitled' for expressing a view (whatever that means), which is what this Board is for, stop being a dick, go deal with your resentment and come back with yours rather than turning me into some kind of supposed dictator trying to suppress the back and forth (which is what I come here for, actually) on the basis of no evidence at all!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 23:34]

Wow. So you can have a view and it’s right. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Can I stroke your hair?

Never knowingly understood

Warburton's Swansea preview on 23:36 - Feb 11 with 2548 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton's Swansea preview on 19:42 - Feb 11 by danehoop

Can I stroke your hair?

What on God; s green earth are you talking about? Are you mentally ill or something?

And no, you can't stroke my hair - which I'm losing by he handful, having to read your dissociated nonsense!

Warburton's Swansea preview on 06:20 - Feb 12 with 2503 viewsHooparoo

Warburton's Swansea preview on 19:42 - Feb 11 by danehoop

Can I stroke your hair?

You can stroke my hair 🙆🏻‍♂️

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Warburton's Swansea preview on 07:01 - Feb 12 with 2487 viewsdistortR

Warburton's Swansea preview on 06:20 - Feb 12 by Hooparoo

You can stroke my hair 🙆🏻‍♂️

Warburton's Swansea preview on 07:28 - Feb 12 with 2465 viewsHooparoo

Warburton's Swansea preview on 07:01 - Feb 12 by distortR

😘

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Warburton's Swansea preview on 16:19 - Feb 12 with 2348 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton's Swansea preview on 23:36 - Feb 11 by stainrods_elbow

What on God; s green earth are you talking about? Are you mentally ill or something?

And no, you can't stroke my hair - which I'm losing by he handful, having to read your dissociated nonsense!

So does he get any credit for changing the defence and getting a clean sheet?
Warburton's Swansea preview on 01:20 - Feb 13 with 2308 viewsLoftgirl

Warburton's Swansea preview on 13:17 - Feb 11 by Match82

A. More motivated
or
B. Less motivated

Do you want the options again?
Warburton's Swansea preview on 02:55 - Feb 13 with 2287 viewsMatch82

Warburton's Swansea preview on 01:20 - Feb 13 by Loftgirl

Do you want the options again?

Always the same
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising