Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That is a properly professional point lads 21:43 - Feb 11 with 4444 viewsbosh67

Well done. Swansea not a single shot on target. Excellent effort.

Still QPR 11 Wales 2!!!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 21:44]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

That is a properly professional point lads on 21:48 - Feb 11 with 3282 viewsTacticalR

Good point but that was bloody hard to watch.

Air hostess clique

That is a properly professional point lads on 21:49 - Feb 11 with 3264 viewsbosh67

That is a properly professional point lads on 21:48 - Feb 11 by TacticalR

Hard to watch but I thought we were tough and well organised all over the pitch tonight.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

That is a properly professional point lads on 21:58 - Feb 11 with 3179 viewsWestonsuperR

Disagree, thought we played well, restricted Swansea to very little and unlucky not to get the win. Pugh MOM was an odd decision I thought he was poor.
That is a properly professional point lads on 21:59 - Feb 11 with 3154 viewsTacticalR

That is a properly professional point lads on 21:58 - Feb 11 by WestonsuperR

Disagree, thought we played well, restricted Swansea to very little and unlucky not to get the win. Pugh MOM was an odd decision I thought he was poor.

Poor old Pugh, he looks completely shot.

Air hostess clique

That is a properly professional point lads on 22:09 - Feb 11 with 3053 viewskarl

That is a properly professional point lads on 21:59 - Feb 11 by TacticalR

I don't know the answer to this but when would the last time he had a run of games, age is against him but maybe he needs a consistent run of minutes to find himself again?
That is a properly professional point lads on 22:10 - Feb 11 with 3040 viewsLongsufferingR

Sometimes that's just what you need to get you out of a bad run.
That is a properly professional point lads on 22:31 - Feb 11 with 2909 viewsenfieldargh

That is a properly professional point lads on 22:10 - Feb 11 by LongsufferingR

Sometimes that's just what you need to get you out of a bad run.

Agree the boys pulled themselves up by their bootstraps.

Grant hall back to his best so put me in chains and whip me for lambasting since Huddersfield.

Barbet Rangel hall manning our best defence.

Beast of a central midfield of ball and Cameron

Pugh and bos offered good out balls and tracked back well

Hugill battled well all night

Eze sublime

Like to see a few more shots on goal as we sometimes try to pass the ball through tight close defences.

Well done rangers keep it up

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

That is a properly professional point lads on 22:37 - Feb 11 with 2864 viewsted_hendrix

Excellent point tonight no question about that also the lesser spotted clean sheet made an appearance tonight which for me is a huge bonus. Tonight's point will count for nothing though if we don't get a result on Saturday, each season i'm always the same (obsessed with getting past the 40 point mark)
As they say in Russia; "Grazie amore mio".

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

That is a properly professional point lads on 22:40 - Feb 11 with 2830 viewsShotKneesHoop

Pugh ? MOM? FMOB.

We do play some really nice stuff most of the time ... but....... if only we had a modern Brian Bedford around, a bloke who is crap at everything - apart from putting the ball in the back of the net in just about every game he played.

We need someone who looks for a goal every time the ball turns up in the box, instead of passing to someone else.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 22:42]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

That is a properly professional point lads on 22:42 - Feb 11 with 2809 viewsNed_Kennedys

That is a properly professional point lads on 21:59 - Feb 11 by TacticalR

Disagree, he had a good game, just behind Cameron as MOTM for me. Involved at both ends, combining well with Manning.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 23:49]
That is a properly professional point lads on 23:41 - Feb 11 with 2639 viewsactonman

Thought we played well throughout , swans never looked like scoring unless we imploded somewhere like we normally do, another day and the ref gives one of those penalty shouts.

I have seen some away performances recently that was tough to watch , that wasn’t one of them.
Done exactly what we needed to do , my only criticism is we could have made a more positive sub to try and win the game as they were poor but then again I suppose the main remit was to not lose
That is a properly professional point lads on 00:30 - Feb 12 with 2546 viewsDavieQPR

We were very lucky not to give away a couple of penalties tonight.
That is a properly professional point lads on 00:46 - Feb 12 with 2523 viewsjohncharles

That is a properly professional point lads on 00:30 - Feb 12 by DavieQPR

Lucky that ref didn’t give one of them

Strong and stable my arse.

That is a properly professional point lads on 00:51 - Feb 12 with 2518 viewsbob566

Great point. Another night two of those chances go in. Swans could have had a penalty. Fair result. Well done all
That is a properly professional point lads on 01:22 - Feb 12 with 2476 viewswombat

That is a properly professional point lads on 00:51 - Feb 12 by bob566

Great point. Another night two of those chances go in. Swans could have had a penalty. Fair result. Well done all

Just got home more than happy with a point , midfield excellent with Cameron and ball battling hard something sadly missing in recent games , manning played well as did abbey and hall
Hugill was on his own for most of tHe game but worked his socks off thought Pugh did well yes his best years are behind him but he played well for me .

I’d keep the same team sat no changed at all , get bright gambling a little bit more maybe his one fault is he didn’t take a chance of r the ball round the side if the full back preferring to drop short and not explore the yards behind the defender

Long day. So sleep now

Poll: which is your favouite foot

That is a properly professional point lads on 02:02 - Feb 12 with 2448 viewsrls___

That is a properly professional point lads on 00:30 - Feb 12 by DavieQPR

I don't know about that, Swansea players were going down a little too easily for me. But had the last one been given, losing on a penalty in stoppage time would've been really tough to take
That is a properly professional point lads on 08:41 - Feb 12 with 2040 viewsstevec

When Rangel and Barbet have both started our record is 15 points from 8 games.

Without doubt, with them and Cameron all in the side we are a far stronger and better organised team.
That is a properly professional point lads on 08:52 - Feb 12 with 1996 viewsDixie_CT

Was a long day. I left London at 8 on the national express as I want to see some family in the Rhondda before heading over to Swansea. Back on the OSC and in at 230! That is nearly a flight to Australia!!

A point is a point and a clean sheet is a clean sheet but......that was a game we could and should have won. I thought Warburton could have showed more intent with his subs but was more concerned with not losing rather than winning. The players didn’t show huge desire to go beyond the ball and flood forward. If they did then I think it would have caused Swansea some problems. The natives were quite restless and mute and Coooper won’t have long there. That felt like a recipe to go any bloody win a game. I

Swansea were poor and very blunt. Brewster doesn’t look much cop,Gallagher was a completely different player from the one who put in a MotM performance for Charlton at LR and Ayew did little apart from one waltzing run that had us in trouble. On Ayew, how he committed four fouls in the first half to be told no more then does another with the ref waving playing on but failing to come back and book him is just very inept officiating.

Back to us, defence looked better, Barbet is crucial to playing out and Mad Liam Kelly (loads of self talk) is much better than Lumley with the ball at his feet. Manning isn’t a left back, he plugged a gap, very well, whilst Wallace was riding himself of all the cholesterol from a lifetime of square sausage but it’s not Manning’s long term position because crucially he doesn’t defend well enough.

Pugh did a couple of lovely Cryruff turns, stood on the ball and looked like he had concrete boots on but the stadium announcer was the only other contender for MotM .

You won’t win many games of Championship football with Ball and Cameron in your centre mid. Simply not good enough in possession or mobile enough.

I want to see that Hugill chance in the 2nd min again as that looked like a very good one. Other than that he did 50% of his work really well, chest lay offs are his signature move.

Stops the rot and gives a foundation to go and get three points against Stoke.
That is a properly professional point lads on 09:03 - Feb 12 with 1946 viewsloftus77

Well done Rangers for last night. A fine 'win' in every way and totally unexpected. Raises hope for the remaining games.

One thing that did disappoint - Charlton winning at Forest. I was quietly confident of the 'Like Waiting For A Bus' scenario at the City Ground for us, fuelled by Tree complacency. No chance of that now IMHO.

We must keep going - pushing forward with real urgency - no sacking off. I think you can say that Barnsley and Luton will almost certainly be back in L1 next season - but Paul Cook and Wigan are still a worry for us.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 9:08]
That is a properly professional point lads on 09:07 - Feb 12 with 1932 viewsrrrspricey

That is a properly professional point lads on 08:52 - Feb 12 by Dixie_CT

Was a long day. I left London at 8 on the national express as I want to see some family in the Rhondda before heading over to Swansea. Back on the OSC and in at 230! That is nearly a flight to Australia!!

A point is a point and a clean sheet is a clean sheet but......that was a game we could and should have won. I thought Warburton could have showed more intent with his subs but was more concerned with not losing rather than winning. The players didn’t show huge desire to go beyond the ball and flood forward. If they did then I think it would have caused Swansea some problems. The natives were quite restless and mute and Coooper won’t have long there. That felt like a recipe to go any bloody win a game. I

Swansea were poor and very blunt. Brewster doesn’t look much cop,Gallagher was a completely different player from the one who put in a MotM performance for Charlton at LR and Ayew did little apart from one waltzing run that had us in trouble. On Ayew, how he committed four fouls in the first half to be told no more then does another with the ref waving playing on but failing to come back and book him is just very inept officiating.

Back to us, defence looked better, Barbet is crucial to playing out and Mad Liam Kelly (loads of self talk) is much better than Lumley with the ball at his feet. Manning isn’t a left back, he plugged a gap, very well, whilst Wallace was riding himself of all the cholesterol from a lifetime of square sausage but it’s not Manning’s long term position because crucially he doesn’t defend well enough.

Pugh did a couple of lovely Cryruff turns, stood on the ball and looked like he had concrete boots on but the stadium announcer was the only other contender for MotM .

You won’t win many games of Championship football with Ball and Cameron in your centre mid. Simply not good enough in possession or mobile enough.

I want to see that Hugill chance in the 2nd min again as that looked like a very good one. Other than that he did 50% of his work really well, chest lay offs are his signature move.

Stops the rot and gives a foundation to go and get three points against Stoke.

Good summary but I’m not sure Warburton was more concerned with not losing rather than winning. From what I saw there was only one side actively trying win that game and looked comfortable at the back and dangerous going forward.

Possibly taking Pugh off and bringing on Chair or Clarke could’ve had a positive impact but I thought Pugh was doing well down the left and bearing in mind the masses of possession we had and the and chances we were creating, I can see why he didn’t change things.

Respect for making that journey on a Tuesday in Feb
That is a properly professional point lads on 09:23 - Feb 12 with 1872 viewsNorthernr

That is a properly professional point lads on 09:07 - Feb 12 by rrrspricey

Good summary but I’m not sure Warburton was more concerned with not losing rather than winning. From what I saw there was only one side actively trying win that game and looked comfortable at the back and dangerous going forward.

Possibly taking Pugh off and bringing on Chair or Clarke could’ve had a positive impact but I thought Pugh was doing well down the left and bearing in mind the masses of possession we had and the and chances we were creating, I can see why he didn’t change things.

Yeh the team selection looked like a proper, stodgy, get all the physicality and experience we can and don't lose set up at the start, but actually we were much the better team with all the chances and should have won.
That is a properly professional point lads on 09:35 - Feb 12 with 1827 viewsozranger

That is a properly professional point lads on 09:07 - Feb 12 by rrrspricey

Yes, kudos for doing the trip by bus. My knees would kill me. On the train back now. Good numbers. I'd estimate over 300.

The fans were screaming for a change and to get Pugh off. While I thought that too, I was surprised that Bright remained on. He was struggling and definitely needs some rest. Bringing on Clarke and Chair in the final ten minutes should have been enough to get us over the line.

That said, there is this don't lose v win problem for Warburton. He chose the former and I guess we can't falter him for that. However, to say we dropped two points and not make attacking subs in the last ten just, to me, makes little sense.
That is a properly professional point lads on 09:52 - Feb 12 with 1793 viewsR_from_afar

Hats off to all those who went. An evening game, miles away - abroad actually - in February, with Rangers on a terrible run... Respect!

I thought we looked much more solid, with an alert back four and a decent screen in front of it. I think Pugh was pretty good and put a lot of effort in but we were a bit shot shy. There was one occasion when it looked like we were trying to walk it in. Their pen that wasn't looked like the striker deliberately hooked his foot round our player's leg. I also felt like we were less inclined to pass it around pointlessly at the back. With our excellent attacking players, we really should not take too long getting the ball forward. What was it Warnock said? A team shouldn't be taking 20 passes to get it into the opposition's half.

I have rarely celebrated a 0-0 so much but that was a good result and a much-needed point and clean sheet. Let's hope it's a platform.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

That is a properly professional point lads on 09:57 - Feb 12 with 1774 viewsDixie_CT

That is a properly professional point lads on 09:23 - Feb 12 by Northernr

Yeh the team selection looked like a proper, stodgy, get all the physicality and experience we can and don't lose set up at the start, but actually we were much the better team with all the chances and should have won.

I thought Swansea were played poorly and can't believe they haven't lost more. Sections of the crowd chanting 'Cooper, sort it out'.

Stating the obvious but it was either an off night or they are on the demise and it felt like a missed opportunity not to capitslise. In fairness to MW he did acknowledge it was dropped points.
That is a properly professional point lads on 10:06 - Feb 12 with 1744 viewsNorthernr

That is a properly professional point lads on 09:57 - Feb 12 by Dixie_CT

I thought Swansea were played poorly and can't believe they haven't lost more. Sections of the crowd chanting 'Cooper, sort it out'.

Stating the obvious but it was either an off night or they are on the demise and it felt like a missed opportunity not to capitslise. In fairness to MW he did acknowledge it was dropped points.

Yeh swansea were awful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024