Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report 17:58 - Feb 16 with 2344 viewsNorthernr

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report 16th Feb 2020 17:57
From two nil down and circling the drain, QPR roared back to beat Stoke City 4-2 at Loftus Road on Saturday and end a run of five matches without a victory. 14

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 18:22 - Feb 16 with 2248 viewsPinnerPaul

Excellent stuff - been looking forward to that.

Not much to argue with there, apart from the odd 6 v 7 which I know you LOVE so...……………….. I'm going to ignore and just wallow in the win and THAT last hour which as you say was what we go for!
QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 18:25 - Feb 16 with 2243 viewsNorthernr

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 18:22 - Feb 16 by PinnerPaul

Excellent stuff - been looking forward to that.

Not much to argue with there, apart from the odd 6 v 7 which I know you LOVE so...……………….. I'm going to ignore and just wallow in the win and THAT last hour which as you say was what we go for!

Did find the ratings quite tough yesterday. And the MOTM. So not expecting consensus really.
QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 18:29 - Feb 16 with 2217 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 18:25 - Feb 16 by Northernr

Did find the ratings quite tough yesterday. And the MOTM. So not expecting consensus really.

Yes I know what you mean.

That first half an hour we gave the ball away for fun and all the 'stars' of the last hour were guilty and good as Manning is going forward, several times in that 1st half hour when Stoke had the ball there was an awful lot of space where our left back should have been.

I'm sure that Mr W's plan 527 to improve our goals against column is the reason he is giving Pugh a go - he just seems more of a pain to the oppo whne we don't have the ball than Chair does - obviously Chair offers a lot more goal threat and is a more 'exciting' player but that's not all we need.
QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 19:36 - Feb 16 with 1999 viewssmegma

It truly should have been EIGHT.
QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 20:31 - Feb 16 with 1853 viewsParkRoyalR

Great report, was directly behind Campbell's shot through Hall's legs for their 2nd and in fairness to Kelly he was unsighted and not sure many keepers would have got a hand on it.

Surprised BOS didn't switch sides earlier than the hour mark as wasn't getting any change out of Martin's, pleased he persevered and his goal changed his game.

Pugh brings cover to Eze and Manning and right now it's more important to start Manning than Chair as we've struggled to bring the ball out of defence of late.

Dominic Ball was immense and is Captain in all but name as he cajoled and encourages all. Great to see how much he cares!
QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 11:24 - Feb 17 with 1042 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks Clive, a truly enjoyable day.

One extra bit I enjoyed was the impatient perfectionists in the SA Road behind me in F block, who were losing their shit when we went two down and started denigrating the team. Great that we managed to get back into it so quickly and the moaning stopped.

I have to agree doing the marks for our players and the ref was very difficult. I gave them all 7s or 8s, but the ref a five (Mrs FB said 4) as I was disappointed in his performance, particularly that he seemed 'frightened' of making a big decision. There is being unfussy and thinking your in control but you have to apply the rules properly. I will have to watch again to see why you and others thought Hall was poor, I hadn't noticed. I thought both their goals were excellently taken and that Kelly was a 7 even allowing for the juggling act. He seemed to take great delight in BOS's goal, will check to see if he started that move.
QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 11:29 - Feb 17 with 1035 viewsTheChef

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 11:24 - Feb 17 by francisbowles

Thanks Clive, a truly enjoyable day.

One extra bit I enjoyed was the impatient perfectionists in the SA Road behind me in F block, who were losing their shit when we went two down and started denigrating the team. Great that we managed to get back into it so quickly and the moaning stopped.

I have to agree doing the marks for our players and the ref was very difficult. I gave them all 7s or 8s, but the ref a five (Mrs FB said 4) as I was disappointed in his performance, particularly that he seemed 'frightened' of making a big decision. There is being unfussy and thinking your in control but you have to apply the rules properly. I will have to watch again to see why you and others thought Hall was poor, I hadn't noticed. I thought both their goals were excellently taken and that Kelly was a 7 even allowing for the juggling act. He seemed to take great delight in BOS's goal, will check to see if he started that move.

For the first goal I didn't think Hall had to slide in, it just made things a lot easier for the goalscorer. At least stay on your feet and work your opponent.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 11:56 - Feb 17 with 987 viewsWestbourneR

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 18:25 - Feb 16 by Northernr

Great report.

I personally thought it was Hugill that played in Eze for our second goal?

I have to say, amongst the huge number of positives, I couldn't help but feel Pugh has been a really poor signing. His legs are clearly shot. It makes him vulnerable. Sure he has a great football brain but the body is just half a yard behind. He's got enough year on his contract right?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 12:55 - Feb 17 with 901 viewsnix

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 11:56 - Feb 17 by WestbourneR

Great report.

I have to say, amongst the huge number of positives, I couldn't help but feel Pugh has been a really poor signing. His legs are clearly shot. It makes him vulnerable. Sure he has a great football brain but the body is just half a yard behind. He's got enough year on his contract right?

According to transfermarket.com his contract ends this summer. They might renew it on better terms for us as he's rumoured to be on big bucks.
QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 13:46 - Feb 17 with 799 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 11:56 - Feb 17 by WestbourneR

Great report.

It was Pugh, Westy.

I thought that Saturday was possibly Pugh's best game for us. He put the bad miss behind him to set up Eze's goal and seemed a lot livelier and fresher.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 14:09 - Feb 17 with 755 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 13:46 - Feb 17 by BrianMcCarthy

It was Pugh, Westy.

I thought that Saturday was possibly Pugh's best game for us. He put the bad miss behind him to set up Eze's goal and seemed a lot livelier and fresher.

I agree Brian. I think he needs a run of games now to see if he can be consistent and whether we want to make him another offer. Same goes for our other veterans Cameron and Rangel who have both just played, virtually, two full games in four days.
QPR's comeback kids stick four through Stoke - Report on 15:18 - Feb 17 with 663 viewsfrancisbowles

Just watched it again and in the 3rd minute Bright makes a strong challenge on Butland which many refs would have booked him for. Probably adds to the foul that he committed to make the ref give him the yellow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024