Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail seating at LR 13:05 - Feb 24 with 5709 viewsenfieldargh

Just completed a survey sent by the club for rail seating.

Think it would be superb for paddocks and both lower ends.

Hopefully will increase capacity

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Rail seating at LR on 13:09 - Feb 24 with 3362 viewskingo

Just filled in myself. Only issue is that you can only suggest one area, like you I think it would suit Lower Loft and Paddocks.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Rail seating at LR on 13:20 - Feb 24 with 3303 viewsenfieldargh

Rail seating at LR on 13:09 - Feb 24 by kingo

Just filled in myself. Only issue is that you can only suggest one area, like you I think it would suit Lower Loft and Paddocks.

At the end theres a comments box so suggested LRL, SEL and EWP's

captains fantastic

Rail seating at LR on 13:29 - Feb 24 with 3257 viewsRs_Holy

Rail seating at LR on 13:09 - Feb 24 by kingo

Put them in the R Block, most of us stand up anyway...
I think it’s a great idea as all the teams in our immediate vicinity all have better stadiums than us (as of next season). We’ll need something to attract new punters to QPR ... safe standing could be it?
Rail seating at LR on 13:38 - Feb 24 with 3204 viewsstevec

Do the club mention pricing?
Rail seating at LR on 13:41 - Feb 24 with 3192 viewsstowmarketrange

I think the sloping roof on the lower loft prevents anyone in the back rows from seeing anything of the pitch if everyone is standing up.Thats why I plumped for for the paddocks.
Rail seating at LR on 13:43 - Feb 24 with 3187 viewsfrancisbowles

Rail seating at LR on 13:38 - Feb 24 by stevec

Do the club mention pricing?

Can't imagine there will be much difference as I believe you still get a seat and take up virtually the same amount of room.
Rail seating at LR on 13:46 - Feb 24 with 3164 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail seating at LR on 13:43 - Feb 24 by francisbowles

Can't imagine there will be much difference as I believe you still get a seat and take up virtually the same amount of room.

I went to the Vienna game in July and it was more cramped than standing up in a normal stand.
Rail seating at LR on 14:19 - Feb 24 with 3065 viewsLunarJetman

Rail seating just puts a bar in front of you and lets you stand where your seat is. Its not like old terracing so won't increase capacity..
Login to get fewer ads

Rail seating at LR on 14:52 - Feb 24 with 2985 viewscolinallcars

If the seating was made by a British company it would be British Rail Seating. So, you'd have to stand up anyway.
Rail seating at LR on 15:18 - Feb 24 with 2909 viewsW12Mikey

Rail seating at LR on 14:19 - Feb 24 by LunarJetman

Rail seating just puts a bar in front of you and lets you stand where your seat is. Its not like old terracing so won't increase capacity..

The club’s email has a link to some information about safe standing which claims that it does increase capacity and therefore allows clubs to reduce ticket prices and still get more revenue than with seating. But I find it difficult to see how that works if there has to be a seat for everyone.
Personally as a vertically challenged (5’7”) fan I worry that in a standing area I wouldn’t be able to see anything if there were a couple of six-footers in front of me. I have no problem with the club introducing standing if there’s support for it but i’ll stick with my seat thanks.
Rail seating at LR on 15:26 - Feb 24 with 2894 viewsenfieldargh

Rail seating at LR on 14:52 - Feb 24 by colinallcars

If the seating was made by a British company it would be British Rail Seating. So, you'd have to stand up anyway.

think of all the delayed kick offs and cancelled games.

Autumn will be awful, pesky leaves

captains fantastic

Rail seating at LR on 15:31 - Feb 24 with 2867 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail seating at LR on 15:18 - Feb 24 by W12Mikey

The club’s email has a link to some information about safe standing which claims that it does increase capacity and therefore allows clubs to reduce ticket prices and still get more revenue than with seating. But I find it difficult to see how that works if there has to be a seat for everyone.
Personally as a vertically challenged (5’7”) fan I worry that in a standing area I wouldn’t be able to see anything if there were a couple of six-footers in front of me. I have no problem with the club introducing standing if there’s support for it but i’ll stick with my seat thanks.

It might have to say on the ticket how tall the person in front of you is.Or the way we’ve played sometimes in the last few seasons it might be a bonus not to be able to see what’s happening in front of you.
Rail seating at LR on 16:19 - Feb 24 with 2752 viewsstevec

Didn't realise that.

On balance, if you want to stand up, may as well leave everything as it is and just stand in R Block or the back row of the stands.
Rail seating at LR on 16:38 - Feb 24 with 2689 viewsterryb

Rail seating at LR on 16:19 - Feb 24 by stevec

Didn't realise that.

On balance, if you want to stand up, may as well leave everything as it is and just stand in R Block or the back row of the stands.

It has to be able to convert to seating as "standing" is not allowed in European games!
Rail seating at LR on 18:31 - Feb 24 with 2526 viewsthame_hoops

not if they make everyone stand sideways, except the fat ones will take up more room
Rail seating at LR on 19:10 - Feb 24 with 2456 viewsThe_Beast1976

Standing on the Loft back in the day was brilliant. Wish we could have old style terraces back. If you were stood right at the very back of the Loft under the seats overhanging from above you could just about seat the roof of the net and the crossbar at the Loft end. You only knew we'd scored when you saw the net shaking and everyone in front of you going absolutely mental and surging to the front. Great times
Rail seating at LR on 21:33 - Feb 24 with 2305 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail seating at LR on 19:10 - Feb 24 by The_Beast1976

Standing on the Loft back in the day was brilliant. Wish we could have old style terraces back. If you were stood right at the very back of the Loft under the seats overhanging from above you could just about seat the roof of the net and the crossbar at the Loft end. You only knew we'd scored when you saw the net shaking and everyone in front of you going absolutely mental and surging to the front. Great times

The novelty of standing in the rain every home soon wears off.Or you can have the choice of staying dry and not being able to see much.
I think our best hope is to turn it back to an open stand again first.If enough adults sit there we won’t need rail seating because a lot will stand anyway.
Rail seating at LR on 22:13 - Feb 24 with 2229 viewsHastings_Hoops

I think this is a great idea and well over-due. A couple of notes of caution / pragmatism:

1) They cannot be located in "just" R Block, as standing spectators will obscure the view of sitting spectators in the adjoining S block when the ball goes to the corner. If standing introduced to a part of a terrace, it will need to be rolled out across the entire terrace, or diagonally staggered across sight lines of the pitch.

2) My understanding of safe standing from elsewhere is that when you are using the standing function of the railed seat, you can fit 3 spectators into 2 seats, PROVIDED THAT the depth and width of the railed seating allows this. The introduction of a railed seating still requires minimum modern space standards and so Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium is unlikely to have the space standards front to back or side to side to allow more than 1 spectator per seat. Further, if it is implemented in (say) Ellerslie Road, which has much less eg room (front to back) than the Loftus Road End, there is likely to be a reduction in capacity as the modern standards will dictate wider seats are provided to make up the leg room short fall..
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 22:48]
Rail seating at LR on 22:20 - Feb 24 with 2203 viewsStanisgod

Rail seating at LR on 16:19 - Feb 24 by stevec

Didn't realise that.

Or the away end where apparently EVERYBODY can stand.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Rail seating at LR on 22:23 - Feb 24 with 2189 viewsSydneyRs

This.
Rail seating at LR on 22:27 - Feb 24 with 2178 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What we could have won:

https://labour.org.uk/press/labour-announces-backing-safe-standing/
Rail seating at LR on 23:03 - Feb 24 with 2104 viewsNewBee

Rail seating at LR on 13:29 - Feb 24 by Rs_Holy

Put them in the R Block, most of us stand up anyway...
I think it’s a great idea as all the teams in our immediate vicinity all have better stadiums than us (as of next season). We’ll need something to attract new punters to QPR ... safe standing could be it?

Brentford's new stadium has already been designed ready to accommodate Rail seating just as soon as the law allows. Also Spurs.

However, in neither case is it likely to increase capacity, for two reasons. First, it's one standing place for each seated place only. (And the authorities won't permit a reduction in seat sizes in order to squeeze more fans in that way.)

Second, capacity limits are directly related to entrance/exit capacity, to ensure the ground can be evacuated safely and quickly in an emergency. So even if you could legally accommodate more fans in a safe-standing area, you also have to provide more exits etc. Which in most cases would also require a major (complete?) rebuild of the stand.

And that would be very unlikely to be cost-effective, especially since you can't really charge as much for standing as sitting.

(I say "most" cases, since it may be that Spurs and Brentford have already allowed for this when designing their new stadia?).
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 23:07]
Rail seating at LR on 00:58 - Feb 25 with 2003 viewsBoston

Actually, in the even older days when there was no seating over your head, we still relied on those at the front tipping us off that the ball had crossed the goal line.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rail seating at LR on 04:09 - Feb 25 with 1959 viewsFredManRave

Rail seating at LR on 14:19 - Feb 24 by LunarJetman

If that's the case it will increase alcohol consumption ergo the atmosphere so a win win for club and fans.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rail seating at LR on 10:07 - Feb 25 with 1854 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The good old days

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024