Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
just back 22:19 - Feb 25 with 4569 viewsBlackCrowe

jaysus, that was a cold cold night but warmed up by some seriously great tactics from MB and some proper performances none more so than Barbet, Cameron, Hall, Manning and Eze. Also the best game i've seen yet from pugh pugh barney macgrew.

Rooney looked class i have to say, spraying the ball round but the mugging from Eze for our second was joyous.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

just back on 22:26 - Feb 25 with 3595 viewsHunterhoop

Eze put on a masterclass second half. Dom Ball second best player for us. By far the better of him and Cameron.
just back on 22:26 - Feb 25 with 3598 viewsTonto

Did anyone see what caused Stroud to go down? He seemed to be holding his head...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

just back on 22:28 - Feb 25 with 3563 viewsAntti_Heinola

just back on 22:26 - Feb 25 by Tonto

Did anyone see what caused Stroud to go down? He seemed to be holding his head...

Dom Ball took him out, which means i have put the house on Clive giving him MOTM

Bare bones.

just back on 22:30 - Feb 25 with 3540 viewsWrightUp5hit___

He and Ball ran into each other.

Ball's shoulder connected with the back of Stroud's head.

Pure accident, absolutely, no malice whatsoever, honest guv
just back on 23:14 - Feb 25 with 3178 viewswombat

just back on 22:30 - Feb 25 by WrightUp5hit___

Dom ball just won player of the season for me taking Stroud out

Poll: which is your favouite foot

just back on 23:20 - Feb 25 with 3101 viewssmegma

just back on 22:26 - Feb 25 by Tonto

He dived, yellow card all day long
just back on 23:51 - Feb 25 with 2944 viewsstowmarketrange

just back on 22:30 - Feb 25 by WrightUp5hit___

Are you sure it wasn’t his knee that hit the back of the dwarfs head?
just back on 00:03 - Feb 26 with 2882 viewsactonman

Very enjoyable game, well worth the 4 hour round trip ! Great atmosphere 2nd half considering the low turnout .

Eze , ball Pugh fking awsome ! Rooney got plenty of stick especially when he got the assist assist for our winner , cheers Wayne , having said that he is still a class act and ran their team ( I think he played every position other than the one he is best at up front tonight)

Quite buzzing for a freezing Tuesday night win in February mid table clash
Login to get fewer ads

just back on 00:04 - Feb 26 with 2881 viewsplasmahoop

Great all round team performance., with a fine winning goal. Think Derby deserve a bit of credit for actually playing football too, and not time-wasting, or tactical fouling. Got to be one of the cleanest teams we've played
just back on 00:17 - Feb 26 with 2825 viewsBrianMcCarthy

just back on 00:04 - Feb 26 by plasmahoop

Great all round team performance., with a fine winning goal. Think Derby deserve a bit of credit for actually playing football too, and not time-wasting, or tactical fouling. Got to be one of the cleanest teams we've played

Ya, I thought they played lovely football.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

just back on 00:43 - Feb 26 with 2764 viewssmegma

Tonight was one of those very rare occasions that I had a hot drink . A friend is a steward and he gave me a hot drinks voucher which made the hot chocoalte taste even better. Phuck me it was absolutely taters!
just back on 00:58 - Feb 26 with 2724 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Damn it was cold. I thought the first half was quite painful to watch, with both teams guilty of mis-placed passes, particularly in the final third. However in the 2nd half QPR went up a gear, and then another when Ilias came on. Ref did his best to enable a Derby equaliser with 5 minutes of added on time but thankfully Waghorn fluffed his lines. Our full backs were below par this evening but the centre backs were solid and the central midfield duo of Cameron and, in particular, Ball coped well with a fluid Derby midfield 3. Eze, BOS and Chair were a real threat going forward and BOS even looked the part as a false number 9. Chances are we'll sell some of these youngsters in the summer but it would be great if we could tie them down to extended contracts and build a team around them.
just back on 01:05 - Feb 26 with 2702 viewsBenny_the_Ball

just back on 00:17 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I thought they played lovely football.

I thought they played some neat stuff in safe areas without really hurting our defence. Other than the Waghorn shot at the death, 1 melee from a corner and a couple of free-kicks around our box, I can't think of any clear-cut chances they created. 2 of their 4 shots on target were mis-hit crosses that Kelly dealt with comfortably.
just back on 01:13 - Feb 26 with 2682 viewsBrianMcCarthy

just back on 01:05 - Feb 26 by Benny_the_Ball

I thought they played some neat stuff in safe areas without really hurting our defence. Other than the Waghorn shot at the death, 1 melee from a corner and a couple of free-kicks around our box, I can't think of any clear-cut chances they created. 2 of their 4 shots on target were mis-hit crosses that Kelly dealt with comfortably.

Ya, I agree, Nice to watch but we snuffed out the danger well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

just back on 08:25 - Feb 26 with 2361 viewswelwynranger

just back on 00:04 - Feb 26 by plasmahoop

Exactly a very clean game. So where did the ref get 5 mins add on from?
just back on 08:50 - Feb 26 with 2271 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

just back on 08:25 - Feb 26 by welwynranger

Not sure where that came from either. There was a delay when Manning went down but can't remember any others.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 8:51]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

just back on 09:15 - Feb 26 with 2184 viewsfrancisbowles

just back on 08:50 - Feb 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

Not sure where that came from either. There was a delay when Manning went down but can't remember any others.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 8:51]

Thought Stroud was ok for 85+ minutes, then he did his usual, ridiculous decision making, at the end of the game. I knew he would add on loads of time, 2 mins for subs, goal celebration, stoppages for Manning and himself, a bit for time wasting, so 5 was a bit of a relief.
just back on 09:33 - Feb 26 with 2114 viewsPhildo

just back on 23:14 - Feb 25 by wombat

Dom ball just won player of the season for me taking Stroud out

I don't think he will win it but Rooney will deserve a mention in the player of the season discussions after that assist.

Thought Barbet was quality.
just back on 09:42 - Feb 26 with 2056 viewsEalingHoop81

just back on 08:25 - Feb 26 by welwynranger

Subs and goal are a 3 mins or so and there were 2 mins when Manning was raked by Waghorn in our box.

That looked nasty and Manning went mad. Could have been a red from me view at the other end of the stadium!!!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 9:43]
just back on 10:15 - Feb 26 with 1974 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

just back on 09:33 - Feb 26 by Phildo

I don't think he will win it but Rooney will deserve a mention in the player of the season discussions after that assist.

Thought Barbet was quality.

Yes that pass from Barbet to Hugill (I think) where he lined up for a trademark diag then just played it low down the touchline was excellent.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

just back on 11:15 - Feb 26 with 1852 viewssmegma

just back on 09:15 - Feb 26 by francisbowles

Thought Stroud was ok for 85+ minutes, then he did his usual, ridiculous decision making, at the end of the game. I knew he would add on loads of time, 2 mins for subs, goal celebration, stoppages for Manning and himself, a bit for time wasting, so 5 was a bit of a relief.

I was saying to my mate on about 80 minutes how well the referee had played the game, not any contentious decisions upsetting anyone etc..... I can only think he was concussed when he suddenly had his usual brain fart period. But overall he was decent.
just back on 11:47 - Feb 26 with 1757 viewsstevec

Entertaining game on a very cold night (can someone pull the curtains over the exits at back of SAR stand, wicked backdraft this time of year).

Nice to hear R block trying to get a rendition of 'Warburtons Blue and White Army' off the ground. Not so nice, as the crescendo very slowly built, that it coincided with Derby also building a crescendo of pressure, resulting in an unmarked header to an undefended far post and an equaliser. That put the kibosh on that for the foreseeable. Almost Freudian.
just back on 12:54 - Feb 26 with 1659 viewsozranger

just back on 11:15 - Feb 26 by smegma

I was saying to my mate on about 80 minutes how well the referee had played the game, not any contentious decisions upsetting anyone etc..... I can only think he was concussed when he suddenly had his usual brain fart period. But overall he was decent.

I am concerned that Clive's report will not be out for a few days. It may be hard for Clive to give Stroud more than five even though I would agree that he was actually not too bad today, compared to others. Perhaps a few extra Peronis may help. The fact that Rooney was not in his ear and Derby chose to play football probably made it easier for him. For the first half, I would have given him at least an 8 as he was up on everything and really didn't, from my memory, make a single mistake.
just back on 13:20 - Feb 26 with 1567 viewsDavieQPR

Felt Derby played a lot of keepball but in their own half and didn't like the constant pressing. Rooney although still a good player slowed everything down giving us time to organise at the back.
just back on 13:40 - Feb 26 with 1496 viewsPinnerPaul

just back on 09:42 - Feb 26 by EalingHoop81

Subs and goal are a 3 mins or so and there were 2 mins when Manning was raked by Waghorn in our box.

That looked nasty and Manning went mad. Could have been a red from me view at the other end of the stadium!!!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 9:43]

and Waghorn went down as well.

Ref injury came after 3 minutes of added time and then he correctly played 2 and a bit more after that.

He had a decent game I thought - whoever the ref is bound to be a few fouls called or not given you don't agree with but all yellows correct.

Ball very lucky not to get carded before he did for 2 blatant (I thought) yellow card challenges though.

Couple of points mentioned by others above - yes Derby were 'clean' in the main, in fact their manager said they should have brought Eze down before the goal - can see his point.

Me, Mrs PP and another couple in T block all thought Rooney best player on the pitch by a mile - in fact the other couple thought he was the best player they had seen this season!

1st half - both teams and GKs! gave the ball away for fun and neither really created enough chances - I thought a draw about fair but we HAVE had lots of games where we haven't go what we deserved so I'll take that.

On to Saturday - virus/weather permitting!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024