Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Academy Education 22:34 - Feb 25 with 2702 viewsHastings_Hoops

Well played my team!

One observation - I think Jack Clarke has a lot of potential, but my goodness I lost my rag with him in the last few seconds of the match when BOS tried that stinging shot across goal, which ran towards R block. As Clarke stood moaning at BOS, rather than chasing the ball to the corner flag and holding possession for the team. if Derby had broken away and scored he would be totally responsible. Thankfully the whistle blew for full time, but I was livid.

Warburton needs to give him a severe talking to as talent aside, he could learn a lot from BOS’ character, who chased and harried lost causes all night and seemed to enjoy himself while he was at it!

Whinge over, but I hope Warbs saw that too and has a word for his own good.

Quality player - needs to work on his work rate and bite.
Academy Education on 22:57 - Feb 25 with 2146 viewsridethewave

“I think Jack Clarke has a lot of potential...”

Based on?

Looks a complete waste of space to me, taking playing time away from our own youngsters.
Academy Education on 23:04 - Feb 25 with 2076 viewsHastings_Hoops

Academy Education on 22:57 - Feb 25 by ridethewave

Based on?

Looks a complete waste of space to me, taking playing time away from our own youngsters.

Ok, I’ll just slate him shall I?...

To answer your question (if it was a question, rather than a statement) - Based on the fact that he has played well for Leeds before his £10m move to Spurs and what we saw in his good performance for QPR vs Bristol City.

...I do agree with your sentiments about our youngsters and would (as I have stated for the past 12 months) love to see Shodipo play a bit more, but that doesn’t prejudice my views on Clarke’s potential.
Academy Education on 23:11 - Feb 25 with 2020 viewswombat

Academy Education on 23:04 - Feb 25 by Hastings_Hoops

To answer your question (if it was a question, rather than a statement) - Based on the fact that he has played well for Leeds before his £10m move to Spurs and what we saw in his good performance for QPR vs Bristol City.

...I do agree with your sentiments about our youngsters and would (as I have stated for the past 12 months) love to see Shodipo play a bit more, but that doesn’t prejudice my views on Clarke’s potential.

Clarke looks like he doesn’t really want to be here I’m sorry to say if the rumours true he’s being used as part of a Eze deal to spurs I’ll be bitttelry disappointed same goes for Amos being used as part of the deal

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Academy Education on 23:16 - Feb 25 with 1995 viewsessextaxiboy

I make it a rule to not slag players off at the game but when he produced a complete airshot to clear it on about 80 min I too lost it for a minute or so ..
Academy Education on 23:16 - Feb 25 with 1995 viewsridethewave

Academy Education on 23:04 - Feb 25 by Hastings_Hoops

He had a 10 minute cameo appearance at the end of a game in which he looked great, but apart from that he’s looked atrocious every other minute he’s played.

And we both agree, there’s zero excuse as far as I’m concerned for playing him ahead of our own youth at this stage.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 23:19]
Academy Education on 23:19 - Feb 25 with 1956 viewssmegma

Academy Education on 22:57 - Feb 25 by ridethewave

Based on?

Our own youngsters were on the pitch if you hadn't noticed.
Academy Education on 23:23 - Feb 25 with 1932 viewsridethewave

Academy Education on 23:19 - Feb 25 by smegma

Our own youngsters were on the pitch if you hadn't noticed.

Everyone loves a smart arse. I was referring to Shodipo (wasn’t on the bench tonight I believe) who Clarke has been played ahead of a few times and Chair, who came on as second choice after Clarke.
Academy Education on 23:48 - Feb 25 with 1831 viewsHunterhoop

Academy Education on 23:16 - Feb 25 by essextaxiboy

I make it a rule to not slag players off at the game but when he produced a complete airshot to clear it on about 80 min I too lost it for a minute or so ..

Agree.

The lad is talented. His touch shows that.

But he gives off this air of an arrogant teenager, but one who doesn't actually understand the game.

He got a bollocking for that air shot from one of our players but demonstrated back. No lad, you fcked up and were lucky it didn’t cost us 2 points.

He tried the same piece of trickery twice in succession when coming on and neither worked.

He seemed to either refuse to make the channel run for the long channel ball, or didn’t realise our shake at the time and game situation required it,

I would suggest he is a minimum of one year behind Eze in development. Eze gets the ball with a clear of. Idea of what he needs to and will do with it, for the team’s benefit, and he often delivers that.

Clarke looks like he has himself first in his mind, but even then doesn't know what he should be doing or the position.

On the tiny amount we’ve seen (granted!), I wouldn't value him at more than £2m in any deal with Eze.

Eze must be worth £20m cash in this market before any players come into it.
Login to get fewer ads

Academy Education on 00:03 - Feb 26 with 1790 viewsgolborne

He can only play down the left. Look at all his old impressive footage and it's mostly cutting in from the left.
No coincidence that the only time he played on the left for us he impressed.
He's a very good, VERY YOUNG player, and understandably rusty (decision making wise) after little first team action this season.
As for the mention of an Eze swap, unlikely we can afford Jack Clarkes wages full time, bearing in mind what he's likely on after a £10m move. He'll be on at least £20-25k pw, maybe more.
Academy Education on 00:58 - Feb 26 with 1708 viewssmegma

Academy Education on 23:23 - Feb 25 by ridethewave

Everyone loves a smart arse. I was referring to Shodipo (wasn’t on the bench tonight I believe) who Clarke has been played ahead of a few times and Chair, who came on as second choice after Clarke.

Maybe Shodipo was injured
Academy Education on 01:54 - Feb 26 with 1678 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Academy Education on 23:48 - Feb 25 by Hunterhoop

Agree.

The lad is talented. His touch shows that.

But he gives off this air of an arrogant teenager, but one who doesn't actually understand the game.

He got a bollocking for that air shot from one of our players but demonstrated back. No lad, you fcked up and were lucky it didn’t cost us 2 points.

He tried the same piece of trickery twice in succession when coming on and neither worked.

He seemed to either refuse to make the channel run for the long channel ball, or didn’t realise our shake at the time and game situation required it,

I would suggest he is a minimum of one year behind Eze in development. Eze gets the ball with a clear of. Idea of what he needs to and will do with it, for the team’s benefit, and he often delivers that.

Clarke looks like he has himself first in his mind, but even then doesn't know what he should be doing or the position.

On the tiny amount we’ve seen (granted!), I wouldn't value him at more than £2m in any deal with Eze.

Eze must be worth £20m cash in this market before any players come into it.

From what little I've seen of the lad at the moment I'd value him at no more than £1m but Levy may take a different view so if Spurs intend to use Jack as makeweight for Eze, I hope QPR decline and insist on straight cash. Eze will have no shortage of suitors so we do not have to dance to Levy's tune.
Academy Education on 02:47 - Feb 26 with 1645 viewsDavieQPR

Samuel should have passed to the unmarked Clarke instead of shooting. If it had been the other way round everybody would have been moaning about Clarke. Samuel and Eze do make mistakes sometimes it happens.
Academy Education on 07:03 - Feb 26 with 1471 viewsHastings_Hoops

Academy Education on 02:47 - Feb 26 by DavieQPR

Samuel should have passed to the unmarked Clarke instead of shooting. If it had been the other way round everybody would have been moaning about Clarke. Samuel and Eze do make mistakes sometimes it happens.

Totally agree but that wasn’t my point... It was Clarke’s reaction after which was alarming - just standing there petulantly whinging rather than chasing the ball down (as BOS and others did all night) to keep possession for the team. His attitude on that occasion sucked.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 7:04]
Academy Education on 07:31 - Feb 26 with 1409 viewsloneranger1

Yes, wasn't impressed with, from my R Block view. Several times I didn't understand why he was coming so short/not making runs into space and screaming for a forwards pass.
Then there was the attitude/laziness after the BOS cross-shot, plus the air shot...
Maybe he just needs exposure/game time, but hasn't he played more games than Shodipo in his career already?
Quite frankly, I wasn't sure convinced he really fancied it - which is poor given the committment and attitude shown by every other player in a very good team performance last night.
Only caveat - he was very good in the Bristol City cameo when, admittedly, he came on to play on the other (left) side.
Academy Education on 07:46 - Feb 26 with 1373 viewspaulparker

If your going to play Clarke put him on the left so he can cut inside on to his right, that’s where he looks more dangerous, the lad needs games and confidence , BOS should have run the ball to the corner flag and not gone for goal imo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Academy Education on 08:12 - Feb 26 with 1290 viewsmcqpr10

I think Clarke has something about him, but he needs loads of game time and is miles off the level that bos and eze are at. Not sure why, when we haven't much to play for this season, we are giving time to a Spurs youngster who is not tearing up any trees. Surely better to give Chair more minutes.

Would be pretty devastated if he came to us as part of any Eze deal. I think we can all see why Bielsa didn't give him much game time.
Academy Education on 08:17 - Feb 26 with 1276 viewsHastings_Hoops

Academy Education on 07:46 - Feb 26 by paulparker

If your going to play Clarke put him on the left so he can cut inside on to his right, that’s where he looks more dangerous, the lad needs games and confidence , BOS should have run the ball to the corner flag and not gone for goal imo

This isn’t a BOS was better than Clarke thread - my point is that regardless of the error in game management by BOS (and it was, and potentially betrayed a lack of his ‘academy education’ whatever that means); Clarke’s attitude in that and at a few other junctures caused me concern. This is coach-out-able, but I do hope Warbs pulls him up on it - it was similar to letting his man go against Sheff Wed when they scored. If he is picked up on it and loses that out of his game he could be on the same level of our other ‘uneducated’ youngsters.
Academy Education on 08:32 - Feb 26 with 1228 viewsMaggsinho

Think this is all a bit harsh, ‘bitterly disappointed...atrocious...waste of space...’ all in the space of a single thread.

He’s a 19 year old who has barely played this season before coming to us, he’ll need time to settle in. If he is going to be part of a sea for Eze I wouldn’t be surprised if this was all expected and he’s come on loan to us as part of an acclimatisation period.
Academy Education on 08:34 - Feb 26 with 1226 viewsTheChef

Academy Education on 00:03 - Feb 26 by golborne

He can only play down the left. Look at all his old impressive footage and it's mostly cutting in from the left.
No coincidence that the only time he played on the left for us he impressed.
He's a very good, VERY YOUNG player, and understandably rusty (decision making wise) after little first team action this season.
As for the mention of an Eze swap, unlikely we can afford Jack Clarkes wages full time, bearing in mind what he's likely on after a £10m move. He'll be on at least £20-25k pw, maybe more.

If Amos/Clarke plus cash is being lined up by Spurs in an Eze deal, then it would be a no from me unless it was a serious wedge (£10m at least).

On the other hand, I'd have faith in Warbo to develop them, but then they both come across as your typical Academy boys and need a serious amount of first team football/toughening up for the rigours of the Championship.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Academy Education on 08:37 - Feb 26 with 1214 viewsheadhoops

currently a boy in a mans world, looked lost and very lightweight last night. On the evidence I've seen so far non merci.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Academy Education on 08:38 - Feb 26 with 1210 viewsnix

Academy Education on 08:12 - Feb 26 by mcqpr10

I think Clarke has something about him, but he needs loads of game time and is miles off the level that bos and eze are at. Not sure why, when we haven't much to play for this season, we are giving time to a Spurs youngster who is not tearing up any trees. Surely better to give Chair more minutes.

Would be pretty devastated if he came to us as part of any Eze deal. I think we can all see why Bielsa didn't give him much game time.

I don't think he was just brought in to give him game time, it was also to give poor Hugill a rest. Also, I know we want to put our own players on but I guess we also have to show we give loan youngsters a try in case we need some for next season. Especially remembering we really couldn't use Mlakar or Matt Smith, who really weren't up to it in the Championship, so we may need to give the idea that we help develop other teams' young players.

I was surprised at how poor he was last night as he had looked quite good in the Bristol City game. Not good if he's not prepared to listen to our senior players though. That's the best thing about our youngster: their willingness to learn and improve.
Academy Education on 09:29 - Feb 26 with 1108 viewsgazza1

I am sure that most at the Club and the Supporters will be rather disappionted what we have seen from Jack Clark.....aaprt from a sub appearance when he played wide left he has been poor.

Who know why that is, confidence, attitude, position, pressure, etc, etc.......I presume he must be better than we have seen though.

As for transfer fees.....two pence at most atm.
Academy Education on 09:31 - Feb 26 with 1096 viewsgolborne

I actually don’t think it’s about this season. When/if one, or more of our talented three leave in the summer, we’ll be looking to get the likes of Clarke in on loan next season. Hopefully, he settles in now as we may just need him next year, and there will definitely be stiff competition from other clubs.
Academy Education on 09:38 - Feb 26 with 1076 viewsgazza1

Academy Education on 09:31 - Feb 26 by golborne

I actually don’t think it’s about this season. When/if one, or more of our talented three leave in the summer, we’ll be looking to get the likes of Clarke in on loan next season. Hopefully, he settles in now as we may just need him next year, and there will definitely be stiff competition from other clubs.

I have not seen much that I feel that I would want the Club to bring him back next season on loan.......15 minutes the other week. Not enough for me.
Academy Education on 10:05 - Feb 26 with 1045 viewsMick_S

He might have had a bang on the head or something like that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024