Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS as a striker 23:11 - Feb 25 with 1681 viewsHastings_Hoops

Now he’s found his scoring boots from the wing, and after a good showing second half up front today, it would be interesting to see how he gets on as a striker against Birmingham and other teams this year. If it works and we could convert him to a striker; and given the price of an average Championship level attacker then give him a strikers salary for a new contract, play him there next year and watch his value rocket.
BOS as a striker on 23:20 - Feb 25 with 1630 viewsStanisgod

Never a front man.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

BOS as a striker on 23:27 - Feb 25 with 1587 viewsRANGERS4EVER

BOS as a striker on 23:20 - Feb 25 by Stanisgod

Never a front man.

Agreed. Great tactic by MW tonight and worked well, but he literally screams winger. Pace, strength, not afraid to take on his man. Couldn't be a striker for me, had to be a winger

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

BOS as a striker on 23:41 - Feb 25 with 1525 viewstimcocking

I've been thinking they should try him up front for ages. He's just too fast and strong for most people at this level.

He needs to be as close to the goal as possible. Same with Eze, keep him up that pitch.
BOS as a striker on 23:43 - Feb 25 with 1514 viewsozranger

BOS as a striker on 23:27 - Feb 25 by RANGERS4EVER

Agreed. Great tactic by MW tonight and worked well, but he literally screams winger. Pace, strength, not afraid to take on his man. Couldn't be a striker for me, had to be a winger

Agree. The reason he was up front and the two subs were that their defence was too slow. That was shown out when Hugill outran one of their defenders for the ball. I mean, Hugill.. So, we went small and fast up front and strong and tall out back. Wish it was Shodipo who was there instead of Clarke though.
BOS as a striker on 23:43 - Feb 25 with 1510 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it worked well tonight once players got tired and the play got stretched.

But there's no way you could start him just yet as a central player. He just doesn't know how yet. There was a stretch of a couple of minutes where our backs three times looked up for a run and gad to check back - BOS was just standing still. Interested and alert, I'm sure, but lacking (as yet) the knowledge that he should be starting the movement and inspiring the movement of his team-mates.

It's not a criticism of him as he's very experienced for a young player, but not in that position.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS as a striker on 23:49 - Feb 25 with 1468 viewsqueensparker

I’m in no way comparing them as players but when Wenger turned Henry from a winger to a centre forward it looked like madness.

I reckon Bright’s got the potential to make the switch - his hold up play is phenomenal, he’ll reach any ball over the top, and he’ll defend from the front. Needs work on first time lay offs and shooting tho
BOS as a striker on 23:56 - Feb 25 with 1422 viewsstainrods_elbow

BOS as a striker on 23:27 - Feb 25 by RANGERS4EVER

Agggh - 'literally' has literally (!) to be the most misused/abused adverb in the lexicon right now. I blame Jamie Redknapp, and, by extension, Saggy Chops.

Does BOS really 'literally scream winger'? Is he into Mr Warbs Warbuton's office on a daily basis, red in the face, screaming 'winger, winger, I'm a winger, boss'?

He's clearly a winger, and his performances metaphorically amplify such, but can we all agree no one is literally screaming that he is?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 0:14]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

BOS as a striker on 00:12 - Feb 26 with 1384 viewsHastings_Hoops

BOS as a striker on 23:49 - Feb 25 by queensparker

I’m in no way comparing them as players but when Wenger turned Henry from a winger to a centre forward it looked like madness.

I reckon Bright’s got the potential to make the switch - his hold up play is phenomenal, he’ll reach any ball over the top, and he’ll defend from the front. Needs work on first time lay offs and shooting tho

The Henry switch had crossed my mind, but I was reticent to suggest it for elf ear of being driven out of this forum by folk with pitch forks.
Login to get fewer ads

BOS as a striker on 00:15 - Feb 26 with 1370 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS as a striker on 00:12 - Feb 26 by Hastings_Hoops

The Henry switch had crossed my mind, but I was reticent to suggest it for elf ear of being driven out of this forum by folk with pitch forks.

It does slightly ignore the fact that his finishing is unproven at best, erratic at worst.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS as a striker on 00:19 - Feb 26 with 1354 viewsHastings_Hoops

BOS as a striker on 00:15 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

It does slightly ignore the fact that his finishing is unproven at best, erratic at worst.

I hear what you’re saying Brian, but can I present to you... Jordan Hugill!

...ps: not suggesting that BOS is in the Henry league yet! Just that similar switches have worked!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 0:20]
BOS as a striker on 05:37 - Feb 26 with 1255 viewsVancouverHoop

Being a good winger already doesn't preclude him becoming a good striker too. He has the physical requirements, and some – though certainly not all – of the basic skills. Using him as an alternate striker, as Warburton did today, is not a bad move at all. Though Oteh might disagree. For me, players get pigeon-holed too young these days. Versatility used to be seen as asset. Stretching a player's comfort zone, particularly when there's precious little remaining to play for this season, is a productive use of game time.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 5:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024