Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR latest Accounts 11:06 - Feb 26 with 11593 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Due up within the next five days.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03197756/filing-history
QPR latest Accounts on 22:41 - Feb 27 with 2422 viewsqprd

QPR latest Accounts on 20:45 - Feb 27 by paulparker

Brentford may make the odd duff signing but by and large get it right , we haven’t, they also get top dollar for their players something we don’t
Let’s see in the summer how we do but if we sell Eze for anything less than 15 million and a sell On then we may as well all give up

Brentford have the best track record in the efl of buying low and selling high. Just because we’re not as good at scouting as the best team doesn’t mean that our scouting team is somehow bad.

That’s like saying wolves and Leicester are bad footballing sides because they’re not as good as Liverpool.
QPR latest Accounts on 23:54 - Feb 27 with 2314 viewsqpr1976

QPR latest Accounts on 08:02 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Out now, cover the McClaren season.

Key figures - losses down from £22m in Ian Holloway's last season to £12m.

Wage bill down significantly, from £30m to £22m, and likely to be lower again for this year, so the rush of loans at the end of the window didn't stuff us tooooooo much. Avberage wage is £11k a week.

Spent nothing on players, got £3.9m in (Smithies, Sylla). Likely to increase next time thanks to Freeman, Furlong, Luongo sales.

Wages as proportion of income 69%, third lowest in the league.

Owners loaned in £11.4m interest free. We're insolvent without these ongoing handouts.

A £22m parachute payment plus broadcast fees from Sky made up 64% of our income, that drops to £7m in next set of accounts and then disappears altogether so wage as percentage of income likely to rise next time.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Clive,
69% of Income on Wages. 3rd lowest in the league.....

Is that EFL (3 divisions) or should that be Division/Championship ?

I suspect the latter, the former would be extraordinary.
QPR latest Accounts on 01:18 - Feb 28 with 2278 viewsNewBee

QPR latest Accounts on 11:48 - Feb 27 by Northernr

While that is true and is bleak, look where Brentford have got by regularly buying low and selling high. It can be done.

In a few days time, it will be the 10th anniversary of Matthew Benham taking over Brentford.

So that after a "false start" with a new Academy (since replaced by the 'B' Team), it has taken nearly a decade to get where we are today.

This has meant developing a vision for the club, from which a plan was drawn up, with top people recruited to put that plan into effect.

Which on the playing front meant using state-of-the-art analytics and putting together a scouting team etc, closely supervised by experienced Co-Directors of Football. Then when the players are signed, or promoted from the 'B' Team, they are handed over to a coaching team with a very wide range of skills and experience, to bring them on further, in ever-improving training facilities.

Above all, there is forward planning, such that the moment we recruit a player, coach or manager etc, the club then starts working towards identifying that person's replacement, whether internally or from outside.

All of which has been underwritten by Benham's unwavering support, both financially and in every other way.

I don't know how far QPR are with that kind of thing under Hoos, Ferdinand and Warburton etc, but trying to be as objective as I can, my guess is that they're nearer the start than the present.

Worse still, even assuming they are on the right track, and so could hope to overtake the (many) badly run clubs in the Division, fact is there are also some well-run clubs i.e. you're chasing a moving target.

Of course I'm biased, and probably not very well informed. But I still think that with your club badly hampered by a chronic lack of leadership at the very top, plus increasingly inadequate stadium, training ground and other infrastructure, added to a difficult financial position, then no matter how hard the good people at the club try, their task must feel like the Labours of Hercules.

Or do I mean Sisyphus?
QPR latest Accounts on 01:27 - Feb 28 with 2274 viewsDannyPaddox

“Or do I mean Sisyphus?”

Keep your sexually transmitted diseases to yourself mate!
QPR latest Accounts on 01:39 - Feb 28 with 2266 viewsNewBee

QPR latest Accounts on 01:27 - Feb 28 by DannyPaddox

“Or do I mean Sisyphus?”

Keep your sexually transmitted diseases to yourself mate!

Too late!

I've already infected this thread.
QPR latest Accounts on 02:12 - Feb 28 with 2252 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR latest Accounts on 01:18 - Feb 28 by NewBee

In a few days time, it will be the 10th anniversary of Matthew Benham taking over Brentford.

So that after a "false start" with a new Academy (since replaced by the 'B' Team), it has taken nearly a decade to get where we are today.

This has meant developing a vision for the club, from which a plan was drawn up, with top people recruited to put that plan into effect.

Which on the playing front meant using state-of-the-art analytics and putting together a scouting team etc, closely supervised by experienced Co-Directors of Football. Then when the players are signed, or promoted from the 'B' Team, they are handed over to a coaching team with a very wide range of skills and experience, to bring them on further, in ever-improving training facilities.

Above all, there is forward planning, such that the moment we recruit a player, coach or manager etc, the club then starts working towards identifying that person's replacement, whether internally or from outside.

All of which has been underwritten by Benham's unwavering support, both financially and in every other way.

I don't know how far QPR are with that kind of thing under Hoos, Ferdinand and Warburton etc, but trying to be as objective as I can, my guess is that they're nearer the start than the present.

Worse still, even assuming they are on the right track, and so could hope to overtake the (many) badly run clubs in the Division, fact is there are also some well-run clubs i.e. you're chasing a moving target.

Of course I'm biased, and probably not very well informed. But I still think that with your club badly hampered by a chronic lack of leadership at the very top, plus increasingly inadequate stadium, training ground and other infrastructure, added to a difficult financial position, then no matter how hard the good people at the club try, their task must feel like the Labours of Hercules.

Or do I mean Sisyphus?

You're a beaut.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR latest Accounts on 02:13 - Feb 28 with 2250 viewsDannyPaddox

QPR latest Accounts on 02:20 - Feb 28 with 2245 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Delighted with the reaction on here. Was on the road all night and glad to see that the mood hasn't changed since last checking in.

There seems little doubt now that we are in compliance with FFP, and with last summer's sales we should be again next year. We should soon be in a position to add something to the transfer budget. Hopefully only a modest amount.

This year has shown another improvement off the pitch, and now a big improvement on it as well, all the while dodging the historic FFP burden.

I've loved this year, and that we're doing it while safeguarding the future of the club is of course essential.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

QPR latest Accounts on 02:43 - Feb 28 with 2237 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR latest Accounts on 01:18 - Feb 28 by NewBee

Or do I mean Sisyphus?

Thanks for the insight. QPR are very much at the beginning of its journey but already we're seeing some encouraging signs on the pitch with talented youngsters coming through and off it with improved financial accounts. However, better Infrastructure and improved scouting is needed to take the new strategy to the next level.

With respect to QPR's leadership I'm not a fan of consortiums as competing individual agendas can stifle collective progress. Does Matthew Benham own Brentford FC lock, stock and barrel? Has he financed Brentford's infrastructure?
QPR latest Accounts on 07:56 - Feb 28 with 2088 viewsNorthernr

QPR latest Accounts on 23:54 - Feb 27 by qpr1976

Clive,
69% of Income on Wages. 3rd lowest in the league.....

Is that EFL (3 divisions) or should that be Division/Championship ?

I suspect the latter, the former would be extraordinary.

Championship.
QPR latest Accounts on 14:21 - Feb 28 with 1858 viewsNorthernr

Some answers to the disallowable costs and headroom here from Simon Dorset...

Accounting for success — Column 28th Feb 2020 14:20
With the club’s latest set of accounts mixing an improved picture with still stark realities of the club’s situation, our resident grown up Simon Dorset assesses where we are with FFP. 10

QPR latest Accounts on 14:45 - Feb 28 with 1806 viewsMatch82

QPR latest Accounts on 02:20 - Feb 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Delighted with the reaction on here. Was on the road all night and glad to see that the mood hasn't changed since last checking in.

There seems little doubt now that we are in compliance with FFP, and with last summer's sales we should be again next year. We should soon be in a position to add something to the transfer budget. Hopefully only a modest amount.

This year has shown another improvement off the pitch, and now a big improvement on it as well, all the while dodging the historic FFP burden.

I've loved this year, and that we're doing it while safeguarding the future of the club is of course essential.

Given the balance between quality/entertainment of football, having young players come through in numbers for the first time in decades, and the moves the club has made from a community and financial standpoint to safeguard the future of the club, we will look back on this year in 2030 with the same fondness of the Warnock promotion year.
QPR latest Accounts on 15:00 - Feb 28 with 1763 viewsNewBee

QPR latest Accounts on 02:43 - Feb 28 by Benny_the_Ball

Thanks for the insight. QPR are very much at the beginning of its journey but already we're seeing some encouraging signs on the pitch with talented youngsters coming through and off it with improved financial accounts. However, better Infrastructure and improved scouting is needed to take the new strategy to the next level.

With respect to QPR's leadership I'm not a fan of consortiums as competing individual agendas can stifle collective progress. Does Matthew Benham own Brentford FC lock, stock and barrel? Has he financed Brentford's infrastructure?

After originally putting money into Brentford in order "to keep the lights on" when the club was fan-owned, MB eventually went the whole hog and purchased 100%, with the fans' blessing. (And what a fabulous blessing it was!).

Initially his investment mostly covered two areas: Infrastructure (esp Academy, new stadium and training facilities), which is FFP exempt; and trading losses, where he covered out losses up to, but not beyond, FFP limits.

Regarding the former, he is estimated to have sunk around £75m of his own money into Lionel Road. There is no guarantee he will get any of this back, never mind all of it. Rather it all depends on the future state of the property market in West London i.e. if the market proves very strong, there may be some left over for him from the sale of the flats, but only AFTER the developers have got their cut.

And re the latter, when he took over, Bees were buying players for six figure sums and hoping to sell them for a low seven figures, which still wasn't enough to see us trading profitably.

But we've progressively upgraded this activity such that we're now buying players for £1-5m, and looking to sell them for £10m, £15m or even £20m (eg Maupay, bought from St.Etienne for £1.6m).

From what I can gather, our transfer profits over the last season or two have meant that Benham hasn't really needed to make further payments to keep the club within its FFP trading limits.

Btw, in 2014, Benham also became the majority shareholder in FC Midtjylland, a small Danish club. Soon after they won their first ever Dam=nish Superliga title, and seem to be doing ok since:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/27/how-fc-midtjylland-analytical-r

Since then there has been an actve interchange of ideas and personnel between the two, to the mutual benefit of both.
QPR latest Accounts on 15:06 - Feb 28 with 1739 viewsMick_S

NewBee - did/do you own the old academy building at Uxbridge High?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR latest Accounts on 15:20 - Feb 28 with 1699 viewsNewBee

QPR latest Accounts on 15:06 - Feb 28 by Mick_S

NewBee - did/do you own the old academy building at Uxbridge High?

Yes we did own it and No, we no longer do so (I think).

Aiui, one of the earliest things MB did after buying the club was to go into a partnership with Uxbridge High School, whereby BFC would build a sparkling new academy facility (your picture), which the school could also use. In return, BFC's Academy players would receive an enhanced education to go with their football apprenticeship.

As a result, BFC were one of only two(?) clubs at our level to open an FA Grade 2 Academy in England.

Then having spent millions on the project, the PL "moved the goalposts", by bunging a few quid to the EFL clubs, in return for dropping the transfer fees which they would have to pay to EFL clubs to sign our Academy graduates. As a result, we lost one to M.City (Poveda) and another to Liverpool (forget the name), for £50k each, when formerly they might have been expected to fetch £1m+. Each.

At which point Benham said "Blow That" (or somesuch), cut his losses, closed the Academy down, and then came up with the 'B' Team concept. This has proven extremely successful in supplying youngsters to the 1st team, and is now beginning to be copied by other clubs e.g. Huddersfield.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 15:23]
QPR latest Accounts on 15:25 - Feb 28 with 1679 viewsJacksDad

QPR latest Accounts on 02:20 - Feb 28 by BrianMcCarthy

The thing that gives me hope is the work that was done in the previous close season with f-all money, what could "Gru" accomplish with a little bit of wiggle room re fees and wages.
QPR latest Accounts on 20:32 - Feb 28 with 1442 viewsWatfordR

So if I understand correctly, we can remain FFP compliant as long as we make no more than a combined 3 year Financial Loss of no more than £51million, given Disallowable costs of £4million for each of those 3 years, i.e. 51-(4x3)=39. So we could make a Financial Loss of up to £18million this season and still be compliant.

It looks to me like the three main changes in circumstances for this season will be:
1. £12million loss of broadcasting rights revenue - Negative
2. Increased revenue from transfer fees for Freeman, Luongo and Furlong - Positive
3. Reduced wage bill - Positive

Anyone care to make a guess at the figures for 2 and 3? If they added up to about £12million, then it looks like we'd be looking at a Financial Loss of about the same as this year, so around £10million, leaving us with headroom of about £8million. With the 17/18 Financial Loss of £22million to drop away thereafter, we'd be looking quite well set.
QPR latest Accounts on 20:41 - Feb 28 with 1423 viewsNorthernr

QPR latest Accounts on 20:32 - Feb 28 by WatfordR

So if I understand correctly, we can remain FFP compliant as long as we make no more than a combined 3 year Financial Loss of no more than £51million, given Disallowable costs of £4million for each of those 3 years, i.e. 51-(4x3)=39. So we could make a Financial Loss of up to £18million this season and still be compliant.

It looks to me like the three main changes in circumstances for this season will be:
1. £12million loss of broadcasting rights revenue - Negative
2. Increased revenue from transfer fees for Freeman, Luongo and Furlong - Positive
3. Reduced wage bill - Positive

Anyone care to make a guess at the figures for 2 and 3? If they added up to about £12million, then it looks like we'd be looking at a Financial Loss of about the same as this year, so around £10million, leaving us with headroom of about £8million. With the 17/18 Financial Loss of £22million to drop away thereafter, we'd be looking quite well set.

#hoosout
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024