Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orkney 13:33 - Feb 28 with 1851 viewsterryb

Another memory slip! Is it Karl who is the manager of Orkney?

I've just read on a non-league message board that Orkney are playing two league matches on the 14th March. One at home & one away with the kick offs being just 15 minutes apart.

Karl (if you are the man!), how are you going to decide who plays in which game & which one will you attend?

It would be rather special if you managed two wins!
Orkney on 14:28 - Feb 28 with 1793 viewsFredManRave

Yes it is Karl. That might explain why he's looking for a new job.

However, Scottish football is so bad he'll probably just play the first team in both games knowing that 15 mins in the second match will be enough to get the win.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Orkney on 19:56 - Feb 28 with 1662 viewskarl

You're trawling for fixtures before you found that Terry!
No idea what's happened with this and to add another twist one game is away in Helmsdale (1.5 hrs on a boat and 1hr on the road) and the other at home 15mins later.
This winter has been horrendous windy and ferries have been cancelled regularly so there is a fixture backlog, not sure how they'll get through them, the league is dead for them and these two teams are rock bottom, I wouldn't be surprised they're fielding two squads just to fulfill fixtures?

I'm the 'County' manager which is primarily selected from the summer league we run in Orkney, 14 clubs and approx 500 players. We play Wick Academy, Brora Rangers, Caithness, Shetland and the Island Games tournament.
Orkney Football Club compete in the North Caledonian league which used to be the reserve Highland League.
They are a club and probably have about 50 players (guess).
There are many players cross over into both squads but there are many who don't play in the winter setup through choice, there's no player at the moment who only plays winter football.
It's a tough league to win with all the travelling and a couple of good teams but imo it's not the same level as the county team, I think if we played our strongest team against all the Highland League teams we'd be pretty much in the middle, the winter team are 5th in a league of 9 at a level below, they did win it 3 yrs ago but 4th and 5th seems to be more common.
Orkney on 21:35 - Feb 28 with 1600 viewsBoston

Is Karl a Corkney by any chance?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Orkney on 22:13 - Feb 28 with 1579 viewskarl

Orkney on 21:35 - Feb 28 by Boston

Is Karl a Corkney by any chance?

Bizarrely the last OFC manager was nicknamed Corky, so very close Boston
Orkney on 22:17 - Feb 28 with 1569 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Orkney on 22:13 - Feb 28 by karl

Bizarrely the last OFC manager was nicknamed Corky, so very close Boston

They call him that because they tried to drown him in the pond for witchcraft but he floated.
Orkney on 22:26 - Feb 28 with 1561 viewskarl

Orkney on 22:17 - Feb 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

They call him that because they tried to drown him in the pond for witchcraft but he floated.

Not bad Baz, unfortunately his team sank like a stone so not an appropriate nickname...
Orkney on 21:51 - Mar 11 with 1381 viewskarl

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51844688?fbclid=IwAR11LUn25VFHpmhpmciJ2qjFR

Little bit of update Terry
Orkney on 16:37 - Mar 20 with 1131 viewskarl

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/51977039

Obviously not a lot of football happening so an update for anyone interested as to what was supposed to take place
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024