Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fill The Valley 09:14 - Mar 2 with 7247 viewsTheChef

I was surprised to see the Charlton tickets go on sale with no loyalty point limitations linked to them.

Think we have just over 3,000 allocated so we really should be looking to sell out (Tuesday night notwithstanding).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fill The Valley on 09:29 - Mar 2 with 4975 viewsToast_R

The Valley, smart re-developed stadium accept for the away end which remains a hovel. Last time I went there QPR lost in the last minute under Redknapp, cue so called supporters fresh from using their marching powder in front of whoever happened to be in the crowded and pretty disgusting bogs at the time, fighting their own kind.

Tuesday night being the sticking point. Sh*t place to get out of too from what I remember. Small trains on a crowded platform going back to London Bridge.
Fill The Valley on 09:42 - Mar 2 with 4933 viewsWatford_Ranger

We just about sold out on a Saturday when going for promotion under Redknapp, losing in the last minute after a truly abysmal performance with Aaron Hughes at wing-back.

Tuesday on tv with little to play for I’d be surprised if we took over 2000. Personally looking forward to it as I’ll be not far away for work that day but makes sense people would swerve it if having to travel in by car around rush hour.
Fill The Valley on 09:54 - Mar 2 with 4900 viewsstowmarketrange

Fill The Valley on 09:42 - Mar 2 by Watford_Ranger

We just about sold out on a Saturday when going for promotion under Redknapp, losing in the last minute after a truly abysmal performance with Aaron Hughes at wing-back.

Tuesday on tv with little to play for I’d be surprised if we took over 2000. Personally looking forward to it as I’ll be not far away for work that day but makes sense people would swerve it if having to travel in by car around rush hour.

Bus back to North Greenwich station might be a better option,Certainly for those who’d prefer the tube option.
Fill The Valley on 10:28 - Mar 2 with 4842 viewssmegma

Fill The Valley on 09:54 - Mar 2 by stowmarketrange

Bus back to North Greenwich station might be a better option,Certainly for those who’d prefer the tube option.

Always the quickest way back to civilisation. You can be at North Greenwhich tube station 15-20 minutes after the final whistle.
Fill The Valley on 10:38 - Mar 2 with 4821 viewsTheChef

Fill The Valley on 09:54 - Mar 2 by stowmarketrange

Ah nice one, handy for us Jubilee line dwellers.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fill The Valley on 10:56 - Mar 2 with 4770 viewsfrancisbowles

If it wasn't available on Now TV or the club website for a £10 then I would go.

Anyone, like me who travels a bit to get to London, and then has to factor in dinner and getting home after midnight after a two to three hour drive is going to find it hard to justify.

As others have said, these midweek televised games are ruining attendances.
Fill The Valley on 11:17 - Mar 2 with 4727 viewsTacticalR

It's a shame it's so packed on the overground train getting back, as the Thameslink service goes all the way from Charlton through central London to north-west London.

To avoid the overground train North Greenwich station is the best option.

You don't need to walk all the way from Charlton to North Greenwich station. You can walk to the bus stop outside super flying saucer eco Sainsbury's (which is far enough from the ground not to be crowded) and then get one of the buses to North Greenwich station.

This is the route on Google Maps:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/The+Valley/51.4892026,0.0161042/@51.4898038,0.

Air hostess clique

Fill The Valley on 11:25 - Mar 2 with 4691 viewsLowerloftLad

Snapped up my ticket I enjoy charlton away though the last time I went I dont think we could have played any worse that day

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Fill The Valley on 11:58 - Mar 2 with 4639 viewsozranger

Fill The Valley on 11:17 - Mar 2 by TacticalR

It's a shame it's so packed on the overground train getting back, as the Thameslink service goes all the way from Charlton through central London to north-west London.

You don't need to walk all the way from Charlton to North Greenwich station. You can walk to the bus stop outside super flying saucer eco Sainsbury's (which is far enough from the ground not to be crowded) and then get one of the buses to North Greenwich station.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/The+Valley/51.4892026,0.0161042/@51.4898038,0.

The Thameslink goes from Rainham (Kent) via Charlton only to Kentish Town. Still, you can get off at Farringdon to catch the Metropolitan up to NW London if you want.
Fill The Valley on 15:04 - Mar 2 with 4453 viewsstowmarketrange

Fill The Valley on 11:17 - Mar 2 by TacticalR

We all walked back after the loss there in the promotion season.We never even had a shot on target.Or maybe one in the 95th minute.
A nice walk back in the evening sunshine.Not quite the same at 10pm in the dark.And the buses will be packed now too.
Fill The Valley on 15:10 - Mar 2 with 4439 viewskensalriser

Fill The Valley on 09:29 - Mar 2 by Toast_R

The Valley, smart re-developed stadium accept for the away end which remains a hovel. Last time I went there QPR lost in the last minute under Redknapp, cue so called supporters fresh from using their marching powder in front of whoever happened to be in the crowded and pretty disgusting bogs at the time, fighting their own kind.

Tuesday night being the sticking point. Sh*t place to get out of too from what I remember. Small trains on a crowded platform going back to London Bridge.

You're really selling this.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fill The Valley on 15:19 - Mar 2 with 4409 viewsstevec

Think the last time there was a super hot day, first game of the season we came down and another defeat, 2-0 possibly.

Luongo and the bloke who went to China playing tippy tap for half an hour until they’d both run out of ideas alongside a set of less than engaged players keen to get the hell out of Dodge. What a shit shower that lot were.
Fill The Valley on 15:44 - Mar 2 with 4354 viewsTacticalR

Fill The Valley on 15:04 - Mar 2 by stowmarketrange

We all walked back after the loss there in the promotion season.We never even had a shot on target.Or maybe one in the 95th minute.
A nice walk back in the evening sunshine.Not quite the same at 10pm in the dark.And the buses will be packed now too.

Update...it looks like super flying saucer eco Sainsbury's was demolished last year to make way for IKEA.

You should be able to get on the bus to North Greenwich at IKEA because the buses are coming from Greenwich and Blackheath as well as Charlton.

Air hostess clique

Fill The Valley on 16:09 - Mar 2 with 4279 viewsToast_R

Fill The Valley on 15:10 - Mar 2 by kensalriser

You're really selling this.

Indeed red button beckons for me.

Having said that, I can recommend a visit to the London Meantime Brewery a short walk from the Valley before the match where you can do a really cool tour and sample some excellent beers before the match. Did that a couple of years ago and it was well worth the visit alone.
Fill The Valley on 16:14 - Mar 2 with 4270 viewsNorthernr

11 of us going. Half day. St Patrick's Day. What could possibly go wrong.
Fill The Valley on 16:16 - Mar 2 with 4258 viewsstowmarketrange

Fill The Valley on 16:14 - Mar 2 by Northernr

I wish I’d been given a £1 for every QPR game that I thought the same idea.
Fill The Valley on 17:44 - Mar 2 with 4089 viewsHarbour

Yes was at that game remember we sold out and the pitch being like a sandpit we played awful lost in the last minute and fight broke in our end amoung our own fans just to cap a great day out! Have got a ticket for the Tuesday night game hoping it’s a better experience.
Fill The Valley on 17:58 - Mar 2 with 4059 viewsstowmarketrange

I made the mistake of walking the wrong way around the ground before the cup game in the noughties.I missed the ko and how I wished I’d carried on walking.
I don’t think I’ve seen us win in 4 previous visits,including the 2-2 Boxing Day draw,so it must be Tuesday night for the first one.
Fill The Valley on 17:59 - Mar 2 with 4058 viewsflynnbo

Throw in my birthday as well and there might well be a happy ending!!!
Fill The Valley on 18:25 - Mar 2 with 3988 viewsqprxtc

St Patrick’s Day, the one day of the year I avoid pubs. Lots of people trying be fake paddy drinking Guinness for the only day of the year and mainly getting up my hooter. Feckers.

Still, I’ll find myself in some alcoholic establishment in Sarf London from about 4pm. I’ll be drinking anything but stout.

It’s all bollocks.

On topic: we won’t sell out, so neuuughh.
Fill The Valley on 18:39 - Mar 2 with 3957 viewsNorthernr

Fill The Valley on 18:25 - Mar 2 by qprxtc

St Patrick’s Day, the one day of the year I avoid pubs. Lots of people trying be fake paddy drinking Guinness for the only day of the year and mainly getting up my hooter. Feckers.

Still, I’ll find myself in some alcoholic establishment in Sarf London from about 4pm. I’ll be drinking anything but stout.

It’s all bollocks.

You'll wear a big foam Guinness hat and you'll fcking like it.
Fill The Valley on 18:53 - Mar 2 with 3923 viewsstowmarketrange

Fill The Valley on 18:25 - Mar 2 by qprxtc

It’s all bollocks.

I drink Guinness 90% of the time when I drink so am I excused from your anger?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 18:54]
Fill The Valley on 09:16 - Mar 3 with 3597 viewssdm19994

had a great day there when we won 1 0, bolds scoring the winner after we missed a pen
Fill The Valley on 12:55 - Mar 3 with 3456 viewscyprusmel

Fill The Valley on 18:53 - Mar 2 by stowmarketrange

I drink Guinness 90% of the time when I drink so am I excused from your anger?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 18:54]

I think this is one of those "Me Too" moments Stowmarket.
Fill The Valley on 14:02 - Mar 3 with 3336 viewsthemodfather

trains back to London bridge are almost every 5mins so should be ok getting out of kent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024